Give me your screenfetches

What dist and DE do you run? Why? What have you run in the past? Ever thought of trying something different?

I use majaro on my T450s right now. Wanted to try something not based on Ubuntu for a change, but didn't want to go full Arch yet. I'll probably try Arch when i've been comfortable on Manjaros unstable branch for a while.

Other urls found in this thread:

bhartiya.io/always-updated-arch-linux-tutorial/30411
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bhartiya.io/always-updated-arch-linux-tutorial/30411

You can skip the bootable drive steps and just use DriveDroid (creates virtual bootable ISO out of android)

KDE Neon, because KDE is the second best distro (after GNOME).
>what have you run
Ubuntu
Kubuntu
Xubuntu
Ubuntu MATE
Fedora
Solus
Zorin
Majnaro
>ever thought of trying something different
Yes. I like distro hopping on my 2nd HDD just to see how much certain distributions have evolved. I currently want to try openSUSE because it seems very professional, as in the only competitor to Microsoft.

>Sup Forums in a nutshell

Arch Linux with XFCE on HP Elitebook 8470p.
Used Manjaro before, until I got courage to go full Arch.
Would like to try something different so I will probably switch to Gnome full time for a change.

I used
Ubuntu
Xubuntu
Lubuntu
ubuntu gnome
KDE Neon (2nd best distro and reliable choice )
Arch KDE (pic)

Vuce Vuce bubo lenja

I see you've gone through most of the other DEs, what made you choose KDE other the rest?

>Distro
I run Void because it's basically Arch except it actually follows the principles that Arch was supossedly based on. I used Arch and Debian before Void.
>thought of trying something different?
I've been working on my own distro for a while now.
>DE
I use i3, cwm or openbox depending on my powerlevel. I'm on cwm now. It's probably the most UNIX way(tm) window manager that I can think of.

Here's my current setup.

fug

Kde and gnome are not distros

>What dist and DE do you run?
Arch KDE
>What have you run in the past?
Ubuntu
Linux Mint
Debian KDE
>Ever thought of trying something different?
I consider installing Void Linux.

I can customise it a lot and it looks pretty
+ i had problems with animations and with window action key's on other DEs

but i think that my final DE/wm is i3
(even on KDE i just use keybinds for frequently used programs and actions and krunner for everything else )

I've basically tried every major DE with varying degrees of success. In the past I've used Arch, Ubuntu and #! when that was still a thing. Now i'm back to my trusty Debian setup with Cinnamon because I've decided that i don't give a fuck about rice and rolling releases anymore.

Is void any good regarding available packages?

damn kde actually looks quite nice

yep

It has slightly less base packages than Arch and it doesn't have the AUR.

Packages are trivial to make though, if you aren't afraid of building from source.

interesting, might give it a shot

10/10

Nothing better than Gentoo + Openbox/tint2

Do you manually upgrade your kernel to get it that recent, or is it just in Void's repos?

It's in the Void repo. They are pretty bleeding edge with the kernel.

>hrabrost
Sto ce ti hrabrost da kopipejstas komande iz wikija?

I da, bjezi od gnoma koliko te noge nose. Ova 3jka je sranje i po.

Sexy/Sexy

KDE>Gnome

Typo.

Running Manjaro with KDE/Openbox right now. I highly doubt I'll switch my DE+WM combo, but I'm think of switching over to Sabayon Linux for portage.

GNOME 3 > KDE Plasma > Unity > XFCE > Anything else

i3>KDE>XFCE>Pantheon>Unity>Gnome

i just dont like Gnome :( ..... big icons and limited customisation and full size menu is just meeeh

xfce > cinnamon > kde

>i3
Jesus fuck

Arch + GNOME. It's productive.

Shitposting != Productivity

Arch

Xfce+Kwin

I've tried all the popular DE's and WM's but my current setup just works and customization is easy, so i don't see any reason to change.

Recently went back to Gentoo after 10 years of using dozens of distributions (Arch for most the most part).

I'd probably settle on Slackware if I could make the fonts look good.

You forgot ZorinDE > Pantheon

>Using a shitty article with over a dozen parts by some random instead of just following the official installation guide on the wiki

>not just knowing what to do because of (friend's) past knowledge and not needing to use a guide

Briefly tried or used only so that I set it up and then used it for a single task:
Gentoo
OpenBSD (on a home server)

Used for more than that:
Knoppix and some other distro whose name I don't remember anymore (these were ages ago, I just got some install/live medias from a computer magazine)
Debian
Ubuntu
Trisquel
gNewSense
Fedora

DE:s:
Gnome (various versions and configurations)
TDE
LXDE
XFCE
also one time I didn't use a DE but instead used awesome wm on a shitty netbook

Currently running Fedora + XFCE, why? I wanted a distro with reasonably new packages and stuff 'cause I'd been running outdated freedom distros for a while, I also wanted to see what's up with Fedora today as I liked it quite a bit in the early 2010s. XFCE because while I kinda liked the default gnome UI, it was too choppy/laggy at some points. I've legit never used modern KDE so I should maybe try it out some time

Currently using XFCE because it has basic customization right out of the gate, and performs well.
Have used XFCE, Gnome, Mate, Cinnamon, and KDE, ranking in that order.
Though of using something different, but decided to stop caring.

I currently use Plasma 5 by KDE. It's my favorite DE. I have tried many different DEs.

Gnome is also a little bit good, but with gnome you have less options and it's limited in many ways. I don't like that. It looks good yes, after the installation, but eye-candy is not everything or necessary positive. A thing most people should learn from Apple.

Also I don't use a fancy window manager like i3 og awesome. I think Kwin is really good.

I have tried KDE, XFCE, Gnome 3, Bugdie and LXDE.

CInnamon and MATE have never catched my interest.

Why do I use KDE instead of the others?
> Gives you the most options (animations etc...).
> Most customizable (keyboard, desktop etc...)
> It's very stable at this moment
> Alt-drag/Alt-resize with mouse is the best implemented in a DE.
> It looks nice after customizing
> The KDE applications are top-quality, I liked them, I use them. Install KDE-programs in another DE is not ideal.
> The wigdets are good quality
etc...

Why I use Arch instead of Ubuntu:
> AUR
> Pacman
> Community
etc...

Right now I simply use a good and secure white+gray+green color scheme. It works for me and it looks really good and minimalistic. I don't want to rice/customize 24/7 like many other 4chaners.

fuck that's ugly

Aren't you afraid to break stuff with such a bleeding edge kernel?

k

lol most don't even have at least 1 hour uptime..
is Sup Forums full of people pretending they use linux? its pathetic..

just woke up :^)

I reboot my laptop regularly. Why keep it on all the time?

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>dat uptime
MAH BOI

>using the "using the smiley with a carat nose" meme

K U R W A
U
R
W
A

MAĆ

>Packages: 1760

argh

it doesn't really bother me this is ubuntu 17.04. It works, it's smooth, it doesn't drain my battery faster than windows does. I like it. If that means 1700 packages and 2gb of idle ram usage then so be it

this isn't really riced or anything, just a new debian install. meh.

you're using ubuntu gnome without the flavour-specific ascii? why?

because that's what neofetch delivers by default

and I don't like the Ubuntu gnome logo