Sweet baby.

Stop pacman -Syu'ing.

Should i proceeeeeeed?

indeed

Thanks for the XP license bud

>spending even a cent to such a pile of shit which isnt even a thinkpad

Old CPU, a T5600.

EPIC FAIL ITT

BTW, my experience is that that 90% of all old WindowsXP stickers are now unreadable. Who ever thoughtthat sticking some paper under a warm plastic case was a good idea?

What can i say, i got this computer out of nowhere, and i just love its form factor. 5 hours of comfortable lap typing is enough for me.

The only downside is that it only has 1 dimm slot. Which means i will NEVER spend 60 euros for a single 4GB DDR2 sodimm.

So why the CPU change?

ITT OP upgrades a toaster into a slightly faster toaster.

lo and behold, the mighty Socket M. With just 667MHz maximum FSB speed. There are just a few CPUs for this thing. I would have preferred to have a computer with a Socket P, but whatever it floats my boat at this point.

The top of the line cpu for the socket is the unlocked version of the t7600, the t7600G. But even a t7600 is unreasonably expensive nowadays.

The world is full of t7200, and i consider myself quite lucky to have a working t7400 for less than 7 euros.

Because the gain from a t5600 to a t7400 is significant. About 20%-25% considering the cache and the clock. For the price it came, it's totally worth.

BTW, a fully servicable ASUS laptop. Did you even know this was a thing?

Much tears.

This will probably be the last upgrade i will ever do in my life of a Core2.

Ignore the OS, it's there just to activate it's license.

I'm going to put Mint with LXDE or something.

I just wanted to give my sincere thanks to OP.
I thought I'm the only one who actually spends time using/upgrading old ASUS netbooks.
Thank you user.
>F5SL owner
>T8100
>3GB RAM

Hope you have an SSD in it.

Overall 15% faster, might just give you the power needed to load a website.

>GMA 945
Even web browsing must fucking suck on that

Anything above a Turion 64 x2 can handle today's Web. Up to youtube 720p videos.

And Turions are at the level of ancient CoreDuo (no Core2).

Yeah, keeping perfectly good computers out of the dump is something I can appreciate

>perfectly good

Batteries are the main problem. Decent batteries (at least with samsung sdi cells) are expensive as any other current computer.