Whats a good pdf reader for Linux?

Looking a for a good PDF reader with notes function for linux. Haven't found good one yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

openoffice.org/
pwmt.org/projects/zathura/
libreoffice.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Haven't found good one yet.'
That's only the beginning with Linux. I prefer Adobe for Microsoft Windows 10.

which ones have you tried already?

openoffice.org/

Zathura pwmt.org/projects/zathura/

looks good. thanks user.

This

I install evince on windows whenever I have to use windows.

isnt openoffice already dead?

default gnome one. I need to add some like arrows and highlights. Maybe I should check out foxitreader

This
Evince is cute

libreoffice draw works fine for that user

okular

>I'm looking for a good X with Y for linux. Havent found a good one yet.
Better get used to that son

Seems like Foxitreader can everything do waht i want.

You can't take notes in zathura, otherwise this.

evince

>openoffice.org/
libreoffice.org/

>potayto
> potahto

They're both being maintained, nearly indistinguishable forks at the moment. That might change over the next few years, but right now it's semantics rather than end-user experience.

Writer is seemless for PDF reading, editing, conversion & creation. Compose HTML pages and convert to PDF, take MS Office/Excel or Wordperfect docs and convert into Writer/Calc and save as PDF ... whatever.

Or just open PDFs and read them. Doesn't take much to learn, and if your system is anything modern you don't have to worry about CPU/RAM resources.

kek

> I prefer Adobe for Microsoft Windows 10.
So, the whole company?

>Seems like Foxitreader can everything do waht i want.
Your needs are quite modest, then.
Some of us, yes, are pros. With English as a first language.

/thread

Wps office ,atril, libreoffice draw

/thread

Atril

HEY WHITBOI WHT DIS SHITE. FUC WIT ME. I BET YO ASS GIT SCRAPPY

Hey, you're that guy with the ugly desktop, especially that hideous file manager with the red tint and interactive mouse-over.

Could you show us your file manager again?

fucking piece of shit assigns itself to pretty much all mimetypes to itself in KDE

That has moving to do with okular you retard. You can go into the system settings and fully control which application is launched for any given file type. Stop being such a dumbass

Zathura for pdfs (I find the mupdf backend faster),
Calibre for epubs.

LibreOffice

Chromium

/thread

pdftocairo -png

Pretty much this.
I stopped using pdf readers after the chrome plugin was released.

Fourth this. Excellent piece of software, however requires KDE environment installed along with.

No, that is a lie. Niether plasma nor other KDE applications are required to use Okular.

>object oriented code is always bad
What is it with you people?
Most people expect a certain set of features from a graphical application and it doesn't make sense to keep writing them over and over again, so you use libraries.
A lot of those libraries are also used with other kde applications, but you don't have to install everything with it.
It is the natural progression of the unix philosophy.
A bunch of small libraries that all do a limited set of things, bound together in the final application.
If take a library and split it into two libraries do you think it is twice as bloated?

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mis take in your post. Luckily, the users of GNU/Linux are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have referred to the GNU/Linux system as "Linux", but Linux is just a part of the system! Whoops! Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux. You should always remember to say or write "GNU/Linux", unless you are referring to the kernel "Linux" alone!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to your new operating system!

My eyes

Foxit Reader and Zathura

mupdf

qpdfview