Ask any and all small questions here.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Transcend-microSDHC-Reader-TS-RDF5K-Black/dp/B009D79VH4
cmder.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=CFh5FzXIeBg
support.manictime.com/knowledgebase/articles/686187-how-do-i-delete-data
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And im gonna drop mine in first.
Will a MicroATX motherboard fit over Mini ITX holes?
Biostar has a few of these boards that are 6.7" mini ITX but with two PCIe slots, giving it a bit of extra length. But its still 6.7" lengthwise.
They have an AM1 one im interested in and an LGA 1150 one too. Im thinking single slot gpu + pcie SSD in a mini itx case like a Cooler Master Elite 110.
In that case id go for Lga 1150 over AM1 due to pci lanes obviously.

That's a mini-DTX board that you're talking about. Yes, it should fit into most 2 slot ITX cases.

The only problem is that you won't be able to use dual slot graphics cards unless if you enjoy getting bottlenecked by the 1x PCIe slot and not be able to use the 16x PCIe slot at all. Kinda negates the entire purpose.

How does Linux let you update the kernel without rebooting? How can you update something you're using?

>single slot GPU
Nevermind, you'll be fine senpai

well thats where one these would come in
or any other reasonably modern single slot card anyway
i forgot which manufacturer was doing it but theres a single slot 1070 out there

> mini ITX but with two PCIe slots
miniDTX.

>hurr intel is bad and runs hot
fuck off amyyyd shill

nigga what are you doing
nobodys shilling
its a joke, danm
and even the most die hard intel fanboy knows pentium 4's were housefires and pentium d's were nuclear annihilation

The only shill here is you, P4 and dual-core P4 were notoriously bad and hot.

weren't they all single core or single core + hyperthreading?

What's the recommended way to sell my custom assembled gaymen pc?

what's the easiest way to get an audiobook onto dvd for use in a dvd player?

the dvd player wont read mp3 cds or data dvd so i assume i'll need to somehow add the audio to a video stream of just a black screen or something somehow and then use convertxtodvd to resize and covert to dvd-video and burn it

Pentium D's were just two pentium cores stuck together

Overclocking the shit out of the pentium Ds was fun

They were terrible processors if you didn't though

pls respond
Am about to buy tomorrow
Can this support 128 gb micro sd amazon.com/Transcend-microSDHC-Reader-TS-RDF5K-Black/dp/B009D79VH4

> SDXC Card Reader
Yes.

I mean I saw some that capped at 64 gb thats why i asked

Some tablets and phones? They are usually not tested with 128G, but should support them, since SDXC technology is the same up to 2TB.

Is there any way to keep two pc's completely synchronized? As in, when opening up one it's exactly the same as the other.

I'm pretty stupid about mice. One of these things when you want to spend a lot of something good and not actually understanding how to utilize the GOOD and to configure everything to its full potential.
I don't move my mouse around on the table a lot. I expect the cursor to cross the screen's width by just turning my wrist, while keeping my arm stationary. So far, my settings are fine.
But I'm looking for a new mouse, and I don't know where to begin looking.
Borrowing from the world of drawing tablets:
1. Does higher DPS mean you can get more accuracy per tiny movement?
2. If I set it to move 1920 pixels in 3-4 centimeters, does it keep the original resolution for applications that require higher DPS (such as FPS games or drawing programs), or does it automatically redact the input's resolution across all programs and applications?

Assuming I'm really fond of Logitech's low-friction scrollwheel and mouse design, and knowing what I said above:
3. What mouse would you recommend to me?

I just want to let you people know I finally fixed my computer…

WITHOUT any of your help, all I got from you was useless answers, ask stupid questions general? heh, more like get stupid answers. Infact if anything you cretins blurred my vision, slowed me down, stopped me from achieving my goal.

So thank you all for being as useless as you were, you can all go to hell!

How do i remove router backdoor? I am using router ISP issued me and they once changed my wifi settings from their offices.

I currently got a FX-8350 and R9 280X. Since I got money and performances start to not be great on recent games, I was going to upgrade.

My problem is mainly the GPU.
At first I wanted to upgrade to a RX 480 or 580, but since vega is coming soon, do we have any information about it ? Is it only expensive GPUs or will there be vega GPU on the 250-350€ price range ?

flash dd-wrt or something

Anyone done any of the compTIA exams?
Can anyone recommend an online resource or a book, in particular networking, it's defiantly my weakest subject.

Buy a router.
Use it instead?

>Does higher DPS mean you can get more accuracy per tiny movement?
No. Higher DPS just means higher precision. If the mouse is using cheap sensors you start to get jitter or glitches on the higher DPS options.
It's more ergonomic to use your whole arm compared to just your wrist.

pic related - what kind of windows terminal is he talking about? at first I thought it is bash on windows 10, but it looks more liked themed cmd?, what kinda terminal is he using

Where can I download Samsung S7 firmware from that isn't throttling me to like 15Kbps? I'm trying to fix a bricked phone for someone via ODIN.

>Does higher DPS mean you can get more accuracy per tiny movement?
>No. Higher DPS just means higher precision.

DPS?
Or
DPI?

I did my A+ and I'm going for my Security+ at the end of the month.

Just google Network+ book and go from there

I meant DPI. For some reason "DPS" made sense in my head. My apologies.

found it: cmder.net/

Hi, continueing from I've plugged in my USB with Ubnutu, several things have come up
Help
Try Ubuntu wothout installing
check disc for defects
test memory
Boot from first hand hard disc

what do

What's a good, free, easy to sign up email that I should use for private tracker signups?

I had a subscription to CBTNuggets back when I got my CCNA and A+, it was pretty good and I generally prefer video format to reading through a book.

I Seagate as bad as they say, is WD really as good?

Was there any book or site in particular that you thought was good?

Looked at CBTnuggets looked decent, thanks for the recommendation.

How do headers work in networking?
Things like IP headers and TCP headers; are they part of the packet as a whole or something? What reads them?

Okay nvm I just continued and now my PC has booted up on Ubnutu on the USB, how do I fix the PC so it'll boot on windows 7?

yes they are part of the packet, when the packet reaches the router it deencapsulates the packet, reads the ip address, determines which interface to sent it out, re encapsulates the packet, then forwards it on

So does a packet contain headers for each of the protocols being used?
I.e. HTTP, IP, TCP, MAC etc. ?

pls respond.

How did you guys cope up with lack of confidence when starting your first job in IT/software development?

I'm trying to apply for summer internships but my grades aren't top of the line (mostly Bs, although I do have a portfolio of software projects) and I study in a college instead of a university (university and colleges has a distinction here in Canada) so I lack the confidence in applying and thinking that I might be fit for a job. What are the key differences that would make it easier to, say, be more confident in web development compared to being more confident in desktop software development?

Exactly what Poozen is today. AYYMD more than a decade behind Intel, as usual.

I don't know if this needs its own dedicated thread but here goes:

I have a laptop (OS X), a desktop (Win 10), a phone (Android) and a tablet (iOS).

It'd be great to get access to files on all of them of the same files. I'd prefer to have a local/personal system using a Raspberry Pi or something, rather than upload everything to Dropbox or Google Drive.

Any suggestions?

I need a good video editing software.

I've been wanting to get into the youtube scene, but I need some decent software and Windows Movie Maker is just, ew.

Any suggestions on free programs?

yes, the data is encapsulated several times depending on where it's going, and it contains multiple headers inside one another. it works kinda like a matryoshka doll

Lightworks

pls respond

Gonna look that up now. Thanks user.

Default.

whoever hires you will realize that you're a student with no experience and you'll learn most of what you need to know for the job on the job. school usually just provides a general foundation for you to build on. when i was in college i got a network engineering internship and all they had me doing was setting up new offices and working the help desk for 3 months

I've done that how do I repair the bootloader from my desktop on ubnutu? currently running it on my USB

Google

What is the best cooler for a 7600k?

All my files for my thesis are a disorganised mess, only organised by year and general theme. What is the best file manager for Win. 10.

And I can never get Windows 10 to successfully backup without being shit.

Does anyone know how to repair my windows bootloader from ubnutu? I can access my hard drive from it.

see previous answer here:

Can't find anything.

That's really amazing. One google search and I had the answer. What are you searching?

What did you find?
and "how to fix windows bootloader from ubuntu"

Then you must be blind. Take the PC back to where you bought it and ask nicely for a refund, you're clearly too retarded to own one.

youtube.com/watch?v=CFh5FzXIeBg

Can you help me then please?

This thread is for stupid questions, not questions that I can easily answer myself and need hand-holding through it all.

You have a phrase to google and it gives you the answer

Version?

Just grab the ISO of your version and remake the bootloader.

are all indian nationals lazy retards or do i jsut have bad experience?

i'd say about half of people i've worked with are lazy and arent qualified, but indians in particular make it worse by constantly lying. i've been lies to right to my face then an hour later when it is due they'll message me and admit that they havn't actually accomplished anything

it's not their fault they have an average iq of around 80

iq has nothing to do with it. its like they totally lack the basic industriousness and personal honesty that built western countries. i cant work with them

Someone explain this

Nothing to explain, the thumbnail of the sites are just not loading.

I'm on Ubuntu via my USB if I want to repair my windows bootloader should I download Ubuntu or just run it without downloading it?

Does anyone here use ManicTime?

I'm trying to delete / reset the time a specific program has racked up but I can't figure out how. I also can't find the Advanced Search window described here support.manictime.com/knowledgebase/articles/686187-how-do-i-delete-data for some reason, there isn't anything right of the Filter

Yeah, but what could possibly cause it?

How come my devices can all connect reliably to WPA-PSK [TKIP], but when I switch to WPA2-PSK [AES], the wifi connection on pretty much every device I own gets shittier and less stable, even though it allows for more than 54 Mbps?

Is there any other text editor for Android that have highlights like this?

Most indians will have had a shit education, by western standards, and have spent most of their life in a culture in which nepotism is normal and rank and age are valued as much if not more than experience and intelligence. tl;dr no, just most of them

Which one is that?

Turbo Editor on Play Store

I'm searching an expansion card for mPCI-e port that adds at least another mPCI-e port and an eSATA port. Does something like this exist?

>eSATA port
My bad, I meant normal SATA (I have an eSATA cable that I need to plug into, but all the mobo ports are already occupied).

mPCI-e + SATA

Does looking at hentai on the internet ruin my chances of getting a security clearence?

Only if you unironically like the art work of k-on enough to fap to it.

lol

Regarding "multi-booting", this is understood to mean choosing to run one of several installed operating systems at boot time. If I want to have several OSs running concurrently, I would run virtual machines under a single OS booted on bare metal.

Which OS is best for this?

vmware esxi

Fucking nice. Thanks.

I'm trying to install windows 7 and for whatever reason I'm getting an error that reads "No device drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers, amd then click OK."

I have checked the hash on the iso and I double checked everything to make sure it was working properly, but apparently this is a common problem. I'm attempting to install from a RW DVD that I created. I tried googling the issue but most forums are completely unhelpful. Any ideas?

What is the optimal temp for hdd(wd caviar black) my is working last few days on 50C??

when declaring the main method in C, in what circumstances might it matter whether or not I specify it's type? or is int just assumed?

Please help, if I don't get this working I won't have an OS and my comouter will be usless unless I buy a copy of windows.

anything but int is not standard. your compiler might ignore it and just assume int anyway, but this might break in other versions.
so keep it int.

Should I take applied electromagnetics, or discrete time signals? I have no idea which would be more useful.

Is this thing compatible with Mini PCI-E / PCI-E x1?

noted, thanks

if the mPCIE slot is capable of mSATA, then yes

I have an "old" ViewSonic monitor that just randomly stopped showing anything. The LED status light shows that it turns on and off as expected, and the computer recognizes it has connected, but the screen stays black. I did get it to flash with my desktop once before for a fraction of a second.

Any idea what might be wrong, other than that it's a ViewSonic monitor?