How much energy do you use?

How much energy do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publications/64026/domestic-energy-consump-fig-fs-pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have no idea nor do I really care, I rent and my hydro is included in the rent

Turn off your pc at night ffs

I think around 250-300 kWh. Energy is relatively expensive here in Brazil.

> You use 500% more than your neighbors.
> Usage has increased 200% in the past 2 months
> Your bill is 800% higher than your neighbors
This is what they tell everyone... right?

As much as possible. What's the point in white privilege if you can't enjoy it?

you are gunna get raided by police for being a suspected growop if you use that much power

2800kWh per year

About 370 kWh per quarter.

God dammn i hate kWh so much.

Why can't we just use MJ as standard instead?

How do you check?

>mfw retarded canadafaggots call their coal power "hydro"

Last year exactly 444kWh.

nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

over what time?

By looking at your electricity bill/invoice?

3600 kWh per year. Half of that is from stuff that's on all the time (two servers and fridge-freezer mainly)

neck yourself

>3600 kWh

AMERICA FUCK YEAH

UK actually. 3600 kWh is only for electricity, gas is like 6500 kWh.

Highest was 978kWh for winter
Average ~ 407kWh for all non winter months

what the fuck are you people doing? growing weed?

My home cinema setup uses a fair amount of electricity, as do both of our desktop PCs when we're gaming.

10 kWh per day isn't that much, although like I said I reckon I could nearly half that if I didn't have my servers on.

From what I've heard electric meters are not accurate at all, but I can't find the link right now.

If you could prove your meter is rigged you could sue the fuck out of your provider.

>10 kWh per day isn't that much

this is why we have global warming

Around 170kWh here. Chile.

Average electricity consumption in the UK is around 3300 kWh per household.

>ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publications/64026/domestic-energy-consump-fig-fs-pdf

No, they refer to it as Hydro because Hydro One is their provider and it comes from Hydroelectric dams.

~300kWh per month
that's with PC running 16 hours per day/tv/washing machine
I'd limit it to 170 i'd guess if i'd simply run only PC
I have 390 though, it might contribute about 50kWh alone

No, you dipshit.

what do I win?

living alone?

m-m-maybe

Electric heating and AC. I like a warm room in winter.
I do use the energy efficient Obama bulbs and put my desktop to sleep every night. That only accounts for about 200-300 kWh.

Feels good man.

Billing Period: Feb. 17, 2017 to Mar. 20, 2017
# of Service Days: 31
Total Billed Usage: 1359 kWh
Daily Average Usage: 44 kWh/Day
Current Reading: 94763
Previous Reading: 93404

.................hm...

~650 kWh average over 13 months.

As high as 1200 kWh and as low as 450 kWh

>1359 kWh a month

jesus fucking Christ dude

I live in a place with literally zero insulation so winters are pretty harsh. Sometimes that means using a space heater, just to get temps up so the oil isnt used up completely and I can still take showers/wash dishes.

>canadafaggots believe this
>mfw "hydro one" just has a coal plant pump water through their generator so they can get government kickbacks for (((green))) energy

Bill has been going down $10 every month for the last 6 months as well. Last bill was $221 (Feb 17, 2017 - Mar 20, 2017) and Sep 21, 2016 - Oct 20, 2016 was $272.

I don't know where all the energy is used. Could probably make it better by putting my computer to sleep/hibernate or shutting it down. Also replacing all the old light bulbs with newer ones. Other than that, beats me. Maybe we should get a newer, efficient clothes dryer.

Just me?

I power on my 3.8 GHz A10 desktop PC for around 3 hours a day after I get home from work and don't use it on the weekends. When I do use it I mostly play vydia.

So about around 200 Wh per day or 4kWh per month

Also charge my phone about every 2 days so about 200 Wh per month for that.

Everything else is pretty much free (central AC, lighting) or very low power.

So not even $1 worth of electricity per month for just me. Place where I live usually gets ~$100 electricity bills @ 10¢/kWh

>not unplugging things when you're not using them
>not drawing the curtains to light rooms during the day
>not opening the windows at night to cool off the house

you dudes are fucking up, i haven't turned climate control on at all since it got warm here

>what are heating and cooling periods?????????????

You should at least have a dehumidifier for those hot sticky humid days. In fact in many places that shit replaces an AC unit.

Apparently, bill says ive used 780 kwh for the last 365 days (two story house). It also says that i used 3x more electricity in the summer than in the winter which is absolute crap because i use electric heaters in 3 rooms.

i live in TN, so it doesn't get too bad. i've developed a pretty high tolerance for humidity though, i grew up in MS

small old home.
i really need to make it more insulated.

>i've developed a pretty high tolerance for humidity though, i grew up in MS
dam, I feel like I'm being suffocated when it gets really humid and temps go above 80F° here in the east coast.

Using the LED Bulbs instead of incandescent would cut your lighting costs by at least 66% and they last a shit ton longer than CFLs.

I use walmart brand, 60W equivalents. Only 9W each as measured by my Kill-A-Watt.

t. poorfag

did the same.
normal incandescent bulbs would burn up within 90 days.
went to CFLs, for some reason they never lasted longer than a year.

i've upgraded to LED over a year ago now.
bought the cheapest ones on the market.
home depot had a sell on Philips 9w LEDs. i think it was about $1.25/bulb.
not one has gone out.

>not being homeless
just look at stallman, minimalism at its best. light bulbs are harmful hardware.

about 24 bulbs in all.
all 1.5yrs old.
not a single dead one.

Do chargers still draw power when connected to a fully charged device? (like a turned off laptop)

I mean some power must be drawn for the charger little led and stuff, but does it make a difference?

well considering that they aren't being used to power anything, the amount of power that they are drawing must be as much as 2 or 3 led lights.

874 Kilowatt Hours (kWh) for the month.

>Americucks actually believe anyone but them and China are retarded enough to fire cancerplants for all their electricity

Last month was 342kwh

I fully, entirely, 1000% doubt that "efficient homes" only use 160kwh. I literally have nothing on, not even the lightbulbs, other than my fridge, use of the oven and stove for making food, and a Ultrabook.

>and they last a shit ton longer than CFLs.

This seems to only be true for really expensive bulbs. I've bought so many generic brand, low brand and store brand LEDs that blew within 3-4 months. I have one Philips Hue that's been going for 3 years.

The sad realization you don't even have a real kitchen

Around 180. But I wouldn't call anything efficient here. It's just I live alone, and most of electricity is consumed by an old OC'ed PC and 2 monitors.

not sure... been renting this apartment for a month, still haven't got the bills. hopefully not much at all, otherwise I'll have to care about this shit, too

are you sure no one is stealing electricity from your house? do you use electric heaters?

No idea - my power meter is broken. I pay for roughly 120kWh/month, but it only works when load exceeds 2kW.

I never check kwh but my bill is $150/mo in summer and $200 in winter. 3br single family home.

Dam nigga where you live, krautland?

I havent touch the AC/Heater in months.

My fridge and range are both from like, the late 70s though, so that's probably a huge part of it.
My bills only ever come out to about $35 regardless, and about $20 of that is "administrative fees"

Typically around 950-1000 kWh a year which comes out to about a $370 power bill. Gas energy used for heating and cooking is slightly higher, yet a lot cheaper.

It's a sensible unit for electrical power, as it's composed from scales (kilowatt and hour) that are typical for uses of household appliances.

My gas bill though multiplies gas volume with energy density and also gives a result in kWh for a retarded (tax) reason.

Alaska
1020w of vehicle pre-heaters
770w av receiver
525w grow setup
300w gpu
250w pc audio
36" crt+ old consoles
looked up the rates and did the math real quick
$.224/kwh
about 800kwh/mo in winter
600kwh/mo summer
>my gas powered car uses more electricity than some peoples houses.
lol

400-450kwh a month. Utility company lies about the rate and so my bill is double what the actual per kw charge is.

A stocked up 700w fridge is going to use roughly 25% of it's rated output 24 hrs a day, factoring in the on off cycles. That's 125 kwh a month. I guess if you only ever buy dry goods and fresh stuff, every couple days you can "save" that money in electric cost

april scares me

>dick on a column for details
uhhh, nah I'm good

350kWh/mo in the spring and fall, 800kWh/mo in the heart of summer and nearly as much during the winter.

Don't know off the top of my head and too lazy to check but I do know that 28% of it comes from the nuclear power masterrace

Australian here.

189 kw /mo

Also no gas at all

Yes, they really do send this to everyone.

Talk to your neighbors and find out.

At least we have mosques

>mfw about to fire up a 2kw server

can't post numbers

but I'm about 60% of average

I also pay for 100% solar power like a cuck

Per month? Quarter?
I use around 10kWh a day. Really want solar

I use more in a week than some of you in a month.

don't reply to the tripfag retard

about 2900kwh during the summer thanks to being stuck in phoenix, az. around 1500kwh during the fall / spring.
its called owning a house plus a pool. though at the house is paid for so its all utilities and taxes.

electricity isn't to bad. i hover around $120 to $150 a month during the fall and spring. summer its where it get batshit crazy. the moment that ac turns on in may its $300 to $400 a month until November. not because rates go up, but because the ac never turns off during the summer since even at night its still in the upper 90's -_-. that's with the thermostat set to 76.

Not sure. But electricity is so cheap that I could use 1000kWh/month without worrying about the bill.

More than typical. I'd turn off my computer (Pentium 4) but it takes a long time to boot up.

Last month was 98kWh, but electricity here is expensive

Old ass fridge is using most of that

around 1400kwh/month

Your fridge alone should consume about twice that.

wena culiao

220-260 per month, for the last 3 months. No online service to post, just from the last 3 bills.
In an Eastern European city, 2 bdroom apt - 2 people.

Are you sure it's the just the cheap brands? My cheapo bulbs are still going, my guess would be if power surges are common in your area, that the generics aren't built for that.

290 kWh monthly tops.

Everything in my house is electric.
>A/C 2500w
>Boiler 3000w
>Stove 2000w
>PC+Monitor 100w
>2 60w bulbs+8 15w bulbs
>200w Fridge
>65w TV
>?w washing machine

I will replace all my CFL bulbs with warm LED ones, specially the ones outside since i leave them on every night.
That will reduce 30w to 10w every night.
Im just trying to test which brands are reliable and which use PWM light control.

170hwh a month. Thats for two people in a flat.