Chairs are technology

What does Sup Forums think of gaming chairs?

Are they a meme? What do you recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wWTd3S2tRUo
youtu.be/2a50zvetz4U?t=1m48s
youtube.com/watch?v=9FFb3jjjE9k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that chair looks fucking retarded, just find an office chair a company or university is throwing away or selling for real cheap

how do I do that?

chairs like that are definitely a meme. I needed a replacement like a month or two ago and bought one. Absolutely uncomfy.

what chair should I get Sup Forums?
my back is hurting; I've had this chair for 6 years and it's caved in and shit.

>Need a chair since 2005
>tfw poor

Allow me to shill my KAB Seating ACS Executive. Not only its expensive, also hard to buy as a private consumer in some countries. Its like they dont want you to have it.

The buttons control electronic airbags in various locations and the asscushion is couch level comfy.

My back is damaged and its worth it.

Don't get a chair. Buy a standing desk.

Yeah, I'm sure a used to shit chair is gonna have great support

I need a comfortable chair that allows me to move the arm rests out of the way when I play guitar

Standing desks are terrible, not only does standing kill my feet but they don't offer anything positive. All real studies have shown no positives from standing desks because standing isn't automatically going to make your posture good and standing calorie use isn't even substantially higher than sitting.

>What does Sup Forums think of gaming chairs?
Overpriced pos that companies shill all over the net, take a look at any streamers and they'll have one. Buy a used herman miller or steelcase from a failing startup and you're set for life nigga

Keep pretending a fake car seat will provide good desk support

Why the fuck would you need that kind of side bolstering in a chair, this is not a ducking race car.

Both standing or sitting still for longer periods is harmful. Linus no longer idea a standing because he realized is a terrible meme

Being a Jew and buying a shitty used chair is as bad if not worse

No, because by virtue of being the Jew, you win

For the record I fell for the meme and bought the Ikea Markus. Now it isn't the most "comfy" chair. It's not like a lazy boi recliner where you sit down and immediately feel like you are sitting in a cloud. However it doesn't get uncomfortable even when sitting on it for long periods of time. The mesh on the back means your back doesn't get sweaty. It is also very durable. $200 for a chair seemed like a lot at the time but it will outlast cheaper chairs by years.

Markus isn't fake car seat?

they're shit recaro inspired meme chairs, get your self a nice office chair with memory foam

Its more of a Herman Miller knockoff.
I removed the armrests. Take my review with a grain of salt, because not everyone likes the chair.
Dxracer chairs are for autists and are not good for the money.

>gayming """"chair"""""""
Gets me everytime

I did this. Got a fully optioned out Aeron chair from a California eBay seller for $500. It's been great and looks brand new after 5 years of heavy use.

>Linus no longer idea a standing

Herman Miler Embody

That looks like extremely comfy user. How can you even get work done in a chair like that?

that's what I want

kekm8

honestly how can anyone sit in a non mid back chair

>manlet chair

fuck off furry

I don't care what some random e-celeb youtuber does. Sitting for prolonged periods of time every day for years gives you poor posture (e.g. anterior pelvic tilt). Yes, transitioning from sitting to standing does not magically fix all your problems and weaknesses. But you can prevent getting them in the first place.

the idea of a motorized one is to go from standing to sitting and back so you aren't doing either for too long

Just a reminder if you're not using a Herman Miller Embody your chair is trash.

I dont. Any sort of thinking requires some asspain that wont let you relax.

i own pic related

IKEA Flintan, $79.99

is the meme with this thing just that it costs way more than most people would spend?

>paying 79.99 for that
kys

what's wrong with this chair? it's a comfy mesh chair

i used to own a $99 ikea chair but i gave it to my dad in favor of this one.

Why is that chair holding its head.

You can't unsee this.

You're welcome.

I actually own one. I was forced to sit on a backless wooden bench all day in Iraq for months only to finally put a generic office chair together from parts salvaged at a junkyard. I vowed that I would buy the nicest chair possible without regard to the cost since all I had was a shitty $30 walmart chair that fucked with my coccyx.

Turns out it's pretty great desu.

but is it worth it over a $300 chair?

They are mid-tier.
1000$ Steelcase\HM (or that blue KAB) > 300-400$ DxRacers\etc > 'Office' chair crap. At least that's what I found after lurking for some time.
Also don't forget that you are on Sup Forums in 2017, most fags here are 20 year old hipsters, they could shit on these chairs just because they are marketed as 'gaming' and not le full black minimalist/pseduo-utilitarian shit.

I actually can't say as I've only had shitty wal mart chairs and an Ikea Markus.

It is an order of magnitude better than both, though. I have zero back pain now and it seems incredibly well engineered past what a standard office chair is capable of.

well, the $1000 chairs are completely out of my price range. Would you know how much difference there is between the cheap gaming chairs that are flooding the market and the mainstream brands like dxracers?

go to ikea

the markus is a chair for manlets. if your height is more than 180cm this shit is the most uncomfortable piece of ass. also it breaks in 1 year. very fragile and frabic wears off in weeks.

Make ya own. Pic related cost me around $100.
Nissan R33 seat.

how hard is this?

Are they a meme?
Yes. They are known for being sponsored chairs. They reach out to all types of streamers with cams and sponsor them.

>my back is hurting; I've had this chair for 6 years and it's caved in and shit.
You fucking retard. No office chair is going to fix your back. Get a simple wooden chair, live with not being able to cart around, and do back-excercises.

As hard a meccano.
If you don't have the tools/knowhow get a workshop/mate to do it. Will cost a slab of beer/$75.

I love it. It matches my race car bed perfectly

Supposedly cheaper chairs are made from cheaper materials that won't last as long. I don't think anyone here has been buying all of these chairs to test them out along with regularly using them for years to tell you though. It's best to just go to a store and test out different chairs to see how you like them, along with keeping in mind those shitty $50 chairs from Wal-Mart or where ever usually go bad after a few months.

Should I feel bad for considering replacing my basic computer desk chair with a recliner? It's free so I don't know

yeah ikea has the best office chair in the budget range.

i have a malkolm and a flintan, both pretty good

neat

Only non pleb choice

i own pic related from IKEA

wtf, how would you even use that?

Fuck no you shouldn't, embrace the fatty that you are.

I looked for a swivel based recliner that I could put on casters. Ultimately, all too expensive.

I really need to upgrade from this chair my mother found on the side of the road.
any reccs?

if you have tons of money, get a herman miller or whatever

else, just go to ikea and buy the comfiest office chair there. it might be a flintan, it might be a markus.

>500-1000 euro for a chair
Are they really worth it?

I don't even know if a $200 chair is worth it..

$200 is easily worth it. over that, not quite sure

I just bought this for $208 CAD. Hope it's as good as the amazon reviews say it is.

are arm rests standard/replaceable in any way?

I like my chair, but the arm rests are shit. The foam in them has gone flat and the vinyl is cracked and scratchy. I've put socks over them for now to help with the scratching, but it looks kinda trashy now.

Looks like lanklet faggots get rekt again. I'm 180 cm and it feels perfect for me.

dude, I have a swivel based recliner...

it's definitely too short for this sort of application unless you had wireless everything.

I've been thinking about getting one because I want to start sitting with my back straight and I hear that they're very comfortable

Standing desks are shit. Get a swimming desk for true ergonomics.

I am a 200 cm lanklet with a leather Markus and a high desk. The leather keeps up after 2 years of usage. The right armrest got a bit loose. It's okay I guess, but then again I never experienced custom furniture for my height.

>feelslankman

Gaming chairs are for dweebs who have taken personal uselessness to completely worthless levels.
Unless your gaming is paying your bills, you're wasting too much time and money on gaming if you seriously need a gaming chair.

Have a herman miller aeron at work and a Steelcase Leap v2 at home. Prefer the Leap. My posture has gotten so much better and my back pain is gone.

Go on your local CL and look for Steel Case Leaps. I sell V1s for 150 and V2s for 250. I get about 10 or so a week to sell and unload them in a day.

you know you can use gaming chairs when you aren't gaming too right?

i own pic related

ikea flintan, $79.99

It's a meme like MLG.

Markus is shit. uncomfortable seat and the damn thing makes unbearable creaks with every movement.

i would not pay that much for a chair with shit armrests

how do you deal with the spines digging into your back and arms that don't rotate inward

pretty shitty for that much money

Where did you buy yours? I have had 2 back surgeries and I need something like this.

I'd strongly consider wireless everything then. A nicely padded recliner will be a fuckload more comfortable than any meme chair, ESPECIALLY for long durations. Dealing with the possibility of a wireless interrupt is much better than a lifetime of back pain.

>how do you deal with the spines digging into your back
They don't it's more like they provide more dimensions of tension rather than a simple tensioned mesh that only provides a constant tension.

>arms that don't rotate inward
The arms rotate both inward and outward, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=wWTd3S2tRUo

There's a lot of mindless hate for something that you would be sitting in for hours at a time.
Why wouldn't you spend good money on that?

the chair is much too low. I've considered fabricating a frame to go around it which could then hold a laptop or a monitor setup with keyboard and mouse whilst still reclining but it's difficult without garage access. in time.

>They don't
I've read numerous people state they do.

> The arms rotate both inward and outward
No, they do not. They can slide in, not rotate. Sliding lets your arm rest closer to your body, rotate/pivot lets you rest your forearm at an inward angle.

all you need is a little bored to rest the wireless KBM in your lap

ideally you'd not use a desk at all but instead a large monitor or tv however you could use a small monitor with an articulating arm extended out in front of the desk

>bored
*board
derp

>I've read numerous people state they do.
Oh that's too bad for them. Those spines are easily my favorite feature about the chair. Watch the youtube video I linked earlier. At the end you can see him wiggle around and the chair's back conforms to his movements. That's one of my favorite parts about this chair, as you can really stretch your back while seated along with the two tension adjustments.

>No, they do not. They can slide in, not rotate. Sliding lets your arm rest closer to your body, rotate/pivot lets you rest your forearm at an inward angle.

Ah well I suppose we were talking about different axis. To say they do not rotate inward/outward isn't correct, because they do. To say they do not rotate along a vertical axis like a standard armrest does would be a better statement. I've never found that specific feature to be particularly useful. Though I suppose it would be nice for them to include that feature even if I didn't use it.

> That's one of my favorite parts about this chair, as you can really stretch your back while seated along with the two tension adjustments.
i'll have to try one someday then. it could be these people were all too stupid to adjust the chair properly

>To say they do not rotate inward/outward isn't correct, because they do
Nobody who sells chairs refers to armrest width adjustment as rotation

Ive had one for about 6 or 7 years. Its still in great shape, only fault being the armrests starting to fall apart on the top.

>i'll have to try one someday then. it could be these people were all too stupid to adjust the chair properly

I'm overseas for work again, so I can't comment as I would sitting in my embody, but there's no way an improper adjustment would do that. What you see in that video is how all those little spines behave all the time.

Basically, the chair's pressure profile would be more akin to a thin box spring mattress (that provides more localized pressure points) attached to a flexible rod that provides overall pressure against the center spine of the chair. Basically those small spines distribute the pressure more specifically than a standard mesh does and because of all those little spines it allows them to bend and flex out of the way if you were to exhibit pressure against them so they can bend and twist in all sorts of ways. Since those little spines are independent of the main one, it allows you to twist the chair's back.

I think this video shows what I'm saying clearly.
youtu.be/2a50zvetz4U?t=1m48s

so... is it worth it? I want one but their cost is substantial.

This guy has the most comprehensive review of the chair I've ever seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=9FFb3jjjE9k

Towards the end (33:20 mark) he mentions cons and the biggest one is the plastic spines dig into his back so I dunno. With the shitty armrests and spines digging into back, I think it's a shit overpriced chair.

rate my arch gnu/chair, it has a tiled pillow manager and 8gb of ram power

perfect for arch users

I bought left in picrelated for 200 USD, as an upgrade to the right.
Right is better. Left makes your ass and shoulders hurt. The brand is GEAR4U, probably avoid them.