NSA KERNEL EXPLOITS OUT IN THE WILD: LINUX USERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Google researcher: US gov concealed knowledge of a critical weakness in Linux systems—which touch billions of lives—for years.

All Linux versions since May 2001 are believed to be affected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/taviso/status/850957974499491842
seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2009/Aug/173
securingtomorrow.mcafee.com/mcafee-labs/critical-office-zero-day-attacks-detected-wild/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well, they can be fixed now that they're known

RIP ANDROID

>state of windows users

Has this affected anyone else' stock of zero days? I lost a few but not most to this. Should have cashed those in already. ;_;

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Switch off your computer

Wew, should have bought a Mac

This is the biggest disadvantage of open-source software. Anybody can find exploits unlike Windows and OSX where the code is not disclosed.

How the fuck is anyone supposed to make sense out of bullshit twitter one liners? God I hate that platform

>April 9
>already patched, since 2009
kys, retard

I like roleplaying on Sup Forums as well

>All Linux versions since May 2001 are believed to be affected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank GNU I use a kernel from 1995

No

>inb4 hurr durr
twitter.com/taviso/status/850957974499491842
seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2009/Aug/173

>This is the biggest advantage of open-source software
FIFY. Security through obscurity != secure. You won't ever hear of most exploits targeted at proprietary software. Not to mention exploits are bundled as features due to inherent nature of proprietary software.

Meh, we all knew that Linux was not safe.

Hobbyist OS BTFO

Me, too! Let's play together, Onii-chan.

Is this why arch pushed out 2 kernel versions in the same week?

Tell yourself that every time there's a Linux vulnerability more serious than the last one.

Microsoft and Apple hire top engineers to do their work. They do a background check on them and hire some of the smartest Indians and Chinese in the world to develop their software. Linux on the other hand, is written by hobbyists who care about themselves rather than you. Go figure.

nice shitpost m98

>and hire some of the smartest Indians and Chinese in the world
Almost had me until this.

The NSA probably has access to all sorts of closed-source code, they already break the law, there is nothing stopping them from just stealing the Windows and OSX source to find exploits, in fact it would be the smart thing to do.

you can't have a usable OS without holes. especially when your opponent has an unlimited budget. just assume you're compromised.

>He thinks a Fortune 500 company will just hand out their trade secrets to the government

Linux has no advantage over windows. If I'm gonna be insecure anyway, I might as well enjoy the best software available on windows.

>Not upgrading to OSX because he's poor

>capitalizing your greentext
shiggly wiggly

With Linux, the NSA spies on you
With Wankbloz both the NSA and Microshaft spy on you

>best software
>proprietary
Pick one.

Even China have seen the source, if they can trust them.

>fuzzing will not work on closed source software
Current state of microshill damage control

this

My "security" is only to keep the plebs and skiddies out

this

But it's not user's fault that they don't understand computers well enough to even imagine what they are missing out on by sticking with Winblows.

That, and NSA spooks have assassins for hire. It's not ever really about profit. It's about power.

macOS doesn't have this problem :-)

Then why don't you do it, faggot?

Bottom line is, Linux has been hacked time and again. Windows and Apple become stronger and stronger.

When is the Windows patch coming out?

You seem to forget how w**dows and mapple are being hacked even more time and time again

securingtomorrow.mcafee.com/mcafee-labs/critical-office-zero-day-attacks-detected-wild/

It's still a weak shit. :^)

need i say more?

still on top

redshills = NSA

Nobody would care anyway.

I have an iPhone, iMac and Macbook Pro but I use my Surface Pro 3 mostly.