If you had $500 to spend at Best Buy, what would you buy?

If you had $500 to spend at Best Buy, what would you buy?

2 new monitors. I'm using shitty mismatched monitors right now and it's driving me crazy.

Smart watch or some kind of tablet. If it was 100 bucks more I'd get the cheapest surface they have.

Ryzen 5, b350 mobo, 8gb ddr4, and a psu. I'm fine with my r7 260x

Nothing, really.

Only thing worth getting at Best Buy is a mid-range to high-end TV, and you can't buy those for $500.

I'd probably do the same.

> Best Buy
What products type do they sell?

worst post i've ever read

I don't know, a new psu, case and a less shittier gpu to replace my super shitty gpu

TITS OR GTFO

i've had a $200 gift card for 3 years now and I have no idea what to use it for... I'm thinking about just blowing it on a K95 gaymen keyboard...

do they even sell this kind of stuff though?

Whatever's best.

It was a serious question :(

Ever considered that not everyone is murican? Had to google myself, apparently a tech shop.
Would probably get a new keyboard and a monitor

a $500 visa gift card

I would get:

PS4 (bloodborne machine) + Sous Vide gadget
Casio piano
Hisense HDR 4k TV
or
cell phone

$150 HDMI cables

Lmao

I never had a watch before so I really want to have a smart watch. It's cute and it can be helpful while working out. Also the tablet is for my girlfriend (male).

500 bucks in Steam gift cards so I can buy myself virtual hats

It's a very shitty tech shop with overpriced and outdated products. Hopefully, this helps everyone who isn't 'murican.

>shitty tech shop
yes but it's more towards a warehouse
>overpriced
most of the time
>outdated
not really

Beat me to it.

>ware·house
>noun
>ˈwerˌhous/
>1.
>a large building where raw materials or manufactured goods may be stored before their export or distribution for sale.

Yeah, no, it's a shop or a store.

>more of a warehouse
Not really, they're in a warehouse type building like say Walmart or Costco but are severely limited in selection.

Shit man the ones here rent out half the store to an appliances company.

the appliances section is a part of best buy just different branding

i meant it's more sized towards a warehouse, like the other user says. Fry's is the superior Best Buy anyways

A $500 olive garden giftcard at the register

>Also the tablet is for my girlfriend (male)

What did he mean by this?

>500

I would by myawlf the dignity to bot shop at worst buy

it means he is a delusional poopdick

One hour with your mom since she stands outside there every day.

>Femanon
TITS OR GTFO

Best Buy wagecuck sales employee here, AMA

what should I buy?

I need a new TV, but 500 isn't quite enough for what I want.

So I'll just go with 285 diet Cokes from that tiny fridge that have at the cashier's.

You can't buy gift cards with gift cards, r-tard

I dunno, what do you need?

You could buy a new smartphone nearly outright, put it towards a laptop, get some peripherals, get a small tv. What do you not have?

I'd buy a Switch and the new Zelda. If it's sold out (I don't know if they are, I don't really follow) I'd wait until they had it.

this 100%

Are you told to not honor price match? The company got sure a few times for that.

Also how smart do you have to be a geek squad guy? I know how to fix most stuff but not the top teir real deal problems.

I would pay a booster to steal a few macbook pros.

Actually you can buy other 3rd party gift cards with best buy gift cards
t. worked at Best Buy for 3 years

I have:

i7 4770k + r9 290 + 1440p dual monitors
chinkpad x220 laptop
samsung galaxy s4

thinking of getting either a piano, a 4k TV, a ps4, or a towards a new phone

what does best buy serve to gain by allowing this? They don't make any money lol

Because you'll buy the 100 dollar HDMI cables like a good goy alongside the steam card. We were told that people on average spend 3 times the amount of their gift card value and we made shitloads of money on accessories and services. You pay Geek Squad 40 fucking dollars for them to put some RAM in your computer or 100 dollars to install brainlet tier difficulty OSes like Windows 10.

You bought the best buy gift card in the first place )or somebody did and gave it to you), they already have your or whoever bought its money. if you come in to get a steam giftcard there's a calculated probability that you'll buy something else. it's about getting you in the door.

They already made money on the Best Buy gift card. All using it does is put that reserved money towards another product

Either this or maybe some good speakers. I sold mine ages ago when I was short on cash and really miss them.

These kinda companys have a big shared display, everyone who puts em up, gets to have third card in it in all the others a discounted rate. Safeway and such has a crazy huge amount of stores cards, they sometimes get paid just to stock them all on a corporate level.

Then get a real watch that doesn't track your heartbeat and location you fucking goober.

nobody tells us to / to not price match, I usually leave it up to the customer to find it because i'm not their fucking mother but if they have it we'll match it. has to be a reputable company though, no resellers / 2nd hand / sold out. we use the excuse that it could be refurbished or fake if its not a big box company but that's more of a blanket statement so people don't complain about joe schmo selling his gopro for 10 bucks on ebay

i think it mostly depends on the competition with those positions, i live in a smaller town and one of our geek squad agents hasnt ever even built a PC before. 99% of it is software related, we don't do any actual hardware fixing in store, just gets sent out to the repair center. Sometimes you'll get a gaming PC you have to diagnose though, but i dunno what they do with those because i am sales floor. Trust me, if it's a top tier problem, you're most likely gonna have to send it out or just factory reset anyways.

This is against literally every compnay policy. No self respecting store would ever allow this.

Ayyy what department
Cuckstomer service formerly

connected home / connected devices

basically routers and smart home stuff mixed with headphones and wearables and bt speakers

A fucking butt plug.

Price matched computer parts and some stuff for my parents.

In my store Mobile/Connected home were one department. Seemed like a frustrating department to work in based on returns because I'd get dumbfucks who'd buy any old router/mode and realize it wouldn't work with their provider and then go upset about it. Also the fucking chink resellers buying up smartphones on sale. We required essentially any Chinese customer buying smartphones on sale to provide a rewards account or sign up for one since it was getting so bad.

Do you guys get employee discounts?

Maybe a camera since I don't have one.

We do, 5% rule: Any item has to have a 5% profit margin. Its fucking hilarious with cables though since a 20 dollar charging cable will be 80 cents for us. Videogames have about a discount even if they're new, so you can walk in day one of release and buy a 40 dollar game for 32 bucks. Services such as Geek Squad are dirt cheap, so a replacement plan would cost 10-30% of the actual consumer price. Many brands like Apple though you didn't get any discount at all.

yeah it used to be, instead of us getting a "lifestyles" section they just kinda split connected out from mobile and gave us 3 guys. I actually got trained in mobile and then as soon as I learned it all they just kinda dropped me into connected lol.

and yeah, the router thing is real. lot of stupid people in routers / modems who refuse help and then get the wrong thing, or cant set it up and refuse geek squad installation because billy bob down the street likes computers and said hed do it for them. never had the reseller problem though, probably because we dont have a lot of chinese in my town. mostly mexicans trying to steal bluetooth speakers so they can play them out in the fields.

yes, but it's only good for accessories or insignia brand things. best discount on small accessories (hdmi cables for under 5 bucks, micro usb is 97 cents) then on things like headphones its a solid ~50% off on most, but on big items like TVs and laptops you get almost no discount if any.

What were the working conditions for you guys? How did you guys feel about it? I want to get a job there since I'm pretty much only good with electronics.

General manager was top tier
Floor Manager was a manchild who didn't give a shit, played games on his phone openly
Sales Manager was a complete cuck who couldn't even tell the department leads to fuck off openly if they were giving him shit
As far as work goes, you don't have quotas but you have sales targets and if you don't meet them the sales leads will constantly get on your ass about it and coach you. If you constantly fuck up in terms of meeting sales they'll throw you in Warehouse or Asset Protection.
It takes forever to fire employees who are women/nonwhite unless they're caught stealing or something. There was a period of 4-5 months where this one fat black girl kept calling out or no-showing and she was still employed because she called HR before management could get her fired.

Those expire, use it before then.

Most likely one of the following or a combination of them all

>pay the difference for the 43" Sony 4K HDR
>PSN and Steam Wallet cards
>PSVR for GT Sport and AC7
>Switch with Zelda
>Pay the difference for a 9.7" iPad Pro

A projector seems to be the only thing they have that I want

if you're into electronics, i'd put it higher than most entry level retail jobs, but it's still a retail job. no commission and like the other user said it's difficult for them to actually get someone fired so as long as you hit sales numbers somewhat often you can pretty much do fuck all and still make a basic paycheck. That said, the pay sucks compared to the amount of knowledge and expertise they expect out of you, and you only get a raise once a year so either you're in it for the long haul or you wont stay over 4 years. I'm just over 2 years and i'm already thinking about what things i'm gonna buy with my discount before I quit. (one of my biggest issues is new hires are making 11 / 1150 per hour but i'm still at 10.92 because the minimum wage was 10 when i was hired - i think that's bullshit but I have to wait until the end of the year for just a CHANCE at a raise)

Ah thank you. Everyone I ask keeps giving me the same black and white answer.

Yeah. I saw corsair h100i v2s and evga PSUs at the best buy in detroit near rochester hills when I went to visit. The best buy near me in atwater village can get gtx 1070s by order and the one in compton surprisingly has them in store.

>11$ per hour
hahahhaahaahhahaha why not just go be a waiter or something you can make double that?

>Best Buy
>Not based Fry's MicroCenter

Or MicroCenter*

>implying Best Buy gift cards work at either of those stores

Um, I never said they did? Reread the OP, please.

To be fair, OP didn't specify he had a BB card, only how to spend $500 at BB.

Um, well, considering it's $500 specifically for Best Buy I figured it was safe to assume it was due to a gift card.

I know.

I was disappointed that it was a BB card and not a Fry's or MicroCenter one, that was the point.

Probably by some sort of tablet. Now that's its summer I'd like to sit on the porch and stream Chinese cartoons and games from my PC. What would be the best one?

I worked in that industry for 2 years prior. was just tired of smelling like food all the time, it worked with my schedule, more relaxed, didn't care too much about the pay. I probably will go back to it eventually

Lenovo, hp, or dell. They have the same specs under $300. Which one is best and which one isnt being returned the most.
Thank you I just asked this question in another thread.

is the dell the one the plastic one with the touchscreen and the i3? havent seen many of those come back. would probably say the HPs come back the most often, then lenovo, then dell.

Corsair keyboards are pretty nice. I have a K65 (RGB). I'd say if you need a new one, or even to just use the giftcard, that'd be a good way to use it.

i don't think they sell amd cpu or motherboards in bestbuy. at least i never seen any at mine.

Lenovo - 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i3 - 6GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive
Dell - Inspiron 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i3 - 6GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive.
HP - 15.6" Laptop - AMD A12-Series - 6GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive

Thanks

Want a new T.V for living room, but it's a $1500 - $2000 for what I want.
Probably replace my old chest freezer in the basement with a new upright freezer I could put somewhere upstairs.

A gift card to another store.

>Lenovo
Enjoy Chinese spyware.

Switch and Zelda
new calculator

I'd probably end up blowing it on a PS4 and some games
A new PC would be a smarter choice though

a 500$ BB gift card, which i would then sell for 500$ cash

everything is Chinese spyware.

Just got a Samsung 55 inch 4k (6290) for 425, because it had a miniscule and imperceptible scratch on the screen. It's usually 800.

Amazon gift cards so I can buy all the shit I would have bought at Best Buy for a way cheaper price. Maybe 100 poptarts while I'm at it.

If a store carries them then they have to do that shit. The grocery stores I work for all have a bunch of different gift cards that go as high as that.

A refund.

Best buy is a failing business for a reason.

This thread is advertising.

OP never said it was a $500 Best Buy gift card you fucking idiot. lrn2read

Best Buy price matches Amazon, and doesn't carry Amazon gift cards.

I'll take some Visa gift cards then