Every single other IDE is a meme

Every single other IDE is a meme.

I'll tell you what is a meme

GUI is a meme

>productivity is a meme

Visual Studio is a Good Debugger not an IDE.

An IDE can be broken down, in a simplistic fashion, into an Editor, an Debugger, and a Build tool. Some IDE implementations might use others components and or re utilize components.

The Visual Studio editor sucks really hard because you can't just alter its functionality into your liking.

Build System: Only now microsoft properly supports CMake, GNU Make still has no proper support.

So Visual Studio can't edit source, and can't build source therefore the only thing it can do "Right" is debug code, for which I have no criticism, only praise. But still, in a professional setting, it's a too darn expensive Debugger.

i like codeblocks :3

me too

Correct.
The only other good option is the vim or emacs

Any JetBrains IDE > Visual Meme

> t. JetBrains shill

This. Anyone claiming otherwise sucks penises on daily basis.

>try to install visual studio community edition (very basic c++ only, no c#, no android, no c#,etc)
>install on D:\ partition so I can keep main C:\ drive clean
>it takes ~10 GB for the very basic shit
>plus another 3-4 GB on main partition because fuck you, I'll install billion other SDK/Frameworks on main drive
>total install size is ~14 GB (~10 on D:\ and 4GB on C:\)

Why is it such a good IDE again?

jetbrains IDEs are better performance-wise than VS while still being coded in pajeet's language

me three

VS for C++ desktop dev takes only 7gb on C but i guess you're too stupid to figure it out

>only 7GB
>plus 3GB updates
>plus 4GB sdks/frameworks/sql servers/etc

Nigga I have 1TB, do you think I care if it takes 14GB?

>2030
>Visual Studio 2030 Edition
>10 TB install size for basic C++ IDE, SDK, Frameworks

>NIGGA I HAVE 100 TB, WHY WOULD I CARE ABOUT 10 TB

>2030
>Having only 100TB
Pleb

You said you only wanted for c++ dev idiot, you're not forced to install all that additional shit

2017 has the most customisable installer yet you manage to fuck it up

>no c#
that's just not true

>d3d11
can anyone actually working with (video game) graphics tell me why they use directx over opengl?

I was using 2015 version.

I just did a clean install of 2017 version (removed all traces of 2015)

Taking only the c++ desktop portion, it required ~5GB.

That's lower than before, but seems half of that is installed on C: drive and other half on D: drive. Kinda fucking retarded when I specifically told it to install only on D: drive.

>meme meme meme meme
>anything anyone uses is a meme because I said so

I love you Sup Forums never change

Visual Studio is how companies spot retards.

Seriously, if you pull visual studio out in the interview you pretty much just lost the job.

you are on Sup Forums don't forget that. It's all about being an edgy non gui faggioli

Mouse oriented GUIs are the lest productive tools.

One day you'll grow up and realize that the most productive people always gravitate toward the command line.

Funny, because I use Visual Studio at my job.

I prefer Visual Studio Code. It's lightweight, has debugging support, and lots of extensions.

this

>70GB

>Every single IDE is a meme.
FTFY

You don't need (and shouldn't use) an IDE for console applications. If you want to use an IDE for graphical applications, you should use Qt Creator because it's fast, simple, free, and completely customizable without being fuckhueg and sluggish.

Plus Qt is great.

what ide is this

It's pimped out vim.

have you tried doing anything serious in opengl?

d3d is much less of a cunt to work with

>there are '''people''' in this board who doesn't use IntelliSense and think they're more efficient by using deprecated text editors from the 90s.

And then they will wonder why companies only hire pajeets instead of their sorry hipster asses.

How does its profiler compare?

I always ask people to tell me about their development environment. Unless I hear the magic words, i.e. Linux and Emacs, I'm not going to hire them under any circumstances. Also, the Linux distro has to be CentOS, RHEL or Ubuntu LTS.

So what does your boss think about you only hiring autists?

GUI doesn't mean that you have to use a mouse.
Graphical interfaces means you inform users while they are doing a task.
It is superior in most situations.
Obviously giving too much information is bad, but it is retarded to think all GUIs are just in the way.
I love text files and I live in a world of text, but I still prefer graphical tools for a lot of tasks.

>t. unemployed pretending to be somebody relevant
lmao

VS is bloated garbage and you're a retard.

This is simultaneously beautiful and painful to look at.

There's a difference between choosing to use VS and having to use it.

That is a funny error message / advertisement.