CPU idles around 34C

>CPU idles around 34C
>randomly spikes up to 45-50 C for 5 seconds, fan spins up fast
>dies down and idles at 34C for another 30 minutes before having another usage spike for no reason

What is causing these random usage spikes while idle? Is my cooler not seated properly or something?

You have malware.
Reinstall OS. and delete your dodgy shit.

Profile your cpu usage and other related stuff alongside your cpu temps/cooler rpm and see if there anything bothering cpu in those spike windows.

Let me guess, you have an intel processor right?

I literally JUST did a fresh install of windows and haven't downloaded anything fishy.

No I do not

Alright what ancient amd shitbird is it then?

ryzen 1700x

what cpu and motherboard do you have?

I have a kabylake cpu in a z170 motherboard and sometimes it would make the fans blast at full speed until i updated the bios that better regulated the Vcores. Now it works fine.

Ryzen 1700x and Msi b350 tomahawk. Right now I've got task manager open and the next time it randomly spikes to 45c hopefully I'll catch an errant process

I'm also wondering if maybe I didn't seat my cooler properly though that wouldn't make sense because in the most intense of benchmarks I never go above 55c

Alright then go to msconfig, disable all non-microshaft services and disable all starup items. Reboot and see if temps become normal.

If they do then keep enabling a few services/startup items until temps become abnormal again.

This will help you track down what's fucking your shit up.

> Right now I've got task manager open and the next time it randomly spikes to 45c hopefully I'll catch an errant process
Instead of using literally anything that log that information so you can see it after and inspect? ok then, another windows thread, good luck.

What's a good program that logs information then bucko
Thanks I'm gonna do this

These are all my non microshit processes

hmm

The 1700x and 1800x over report their temp by 20c, just set customer fan profiles or update your bios, i'm sure they were going to remove that

Open Resource Monitor and leave it on. When fans spin up check what's causing it.

check for cpu drivers (or probably bios update), probably some dodgy throttling going on

upgrade to windows 98

>
>What's a good program that logs information then bucko
Not him, but anything from built-in perfmon to something like hwinfo and others that can log and export to csv/text.

It's probably Microsoft Antimalware Service.
That service runs periodically for a few seconds, and when it does, it uses 100% of a CPU core.
On the 1700X, the CPU core that is running immediately goes up in temp by about 15-20'c, pushing the core temp to a reported 70-80'c, so your fans will spin up very aggressively.

You can do this so that your fans don't spin up so aggressively, but I went with the solution of a watercooler (I have a Crosshair VI and mounted an AM3 cooler to it)

It's the government and 3-letter agencies crypto-hacking your sub-structure to install ultramalware and hyper bugs to spy on you

Light house on fire now, they're coming

sheeeet

My guess is Malwarebytes is sending out probes to see if it needs updating.