/mpv/ - the Sup Forumsreatest media player

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/aYI7e
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does it support linked mkvs yet?

>Madshi
>Actually, there will be a new product available pretty soon, making most of the madVR algos available to avi/vapoursynth users. There will be a "pro" version of this new product and a free version. The free version will have some limitations, which will hopefully not be too dramatic, but motivate real "pro" users/companies to buy the pro version. This is all I can say about this for now. More details to be announced later.

Some linux fags will be happy to use this "ultimate" chain:
mpv -> vapoursynth -> wine -> madvr-pro

And with SVP, this will become even more "awesome".

@59903334
autist, you are so fucking retarded.

>5.1 movie
>want to combine all tracks and downsample to mono
>doesn't come out as mono
"""greatest media player"""

THE ULTIMATE SETUP:
- Windows 10 Pro 1703 x64
- Kodi DSPlayer
- SVP Pro
- madVR Pro

it randomly (it does sometimes, but other times it doesn't) craches on windows when you exit fullscreen or resize the window.

Enjoy using ported software!

it's okay though, I have MPC-HC

see

what config entry makes it so that the progress bar gets moved to the bottom?

Symptom of shit display drivers.
Try using
--angle-flip=no

Probably this, in lua-settings/osc.conf
layout=bottombar
seekbarstyle=bar
deadzonesize=0.5
minmousemove=0

why do the mods allow the devs to shill their shitty software on here every. fucking. day.

it used to work perfectly fine, but since a couple of (mpv) updates back, it got fucked like this.

>--angle-flip=no
what exactly does that do? it seems to have fixed the crashing

it's not devs, it is the same retarded Sup Forums users like yourself.

EGL presentation of ANGLE backend was tweaked back some month ago, using custom swap chains or smths

It disables flip-model presentation, flip in theory is faster in new versions of Windows but oldish hardware shits itself with it.

I'm both of the posts you quote.

I am running win10 on a 980Ti

It's the devs. They even throw a fit if anyone else makes a thread without their shilling subject line.

Are you using intel/nvidia hybrid graphics?

no, I'm on i7-3930K, no meme-GPU

>ITT mpv dev talks to himself while attempting to lure other people in to using his software

>calling some autistic faggot from doom9 a "mpv dev"
typical Sup Forums retards

In that case I have no idea. It's like the old directcomposition setting some systems have problem with it but hard to find out really why, usually the drivers are to blame

mpv isn't even on doom9. Did it get kicked off for stealing from madshi?

omg, you are so fucking retarded

Ah, so I'm right.

Alright, that works. Need to specifically have that folder created and the file placed inside.

I'm doing this right?

Please don't use SMPlayer as a GUI.

archive.is/aYI7e

but I'm used with it...

mplayer2 probably makes a better SMPlayer backend than mpv then.

nah, it runs bad on hardware acceleration and I don't know why

I guess you could use mpv then, though it's definitely not considered "doing it right." Using mpv with SMPlayer is officially unsupported by the mpv devs.

well, yeah. It just werks on my machine, at least for the moment.

mplayer2 hasn't been updated since 2013, its main developers migrated to mpv.

> Using mpv with SMPlayer is officially unsupported by the mpv devs.
SMPlayer uses --input-file=/dev/stdin to give commands to mpv which is a legit way to control mpv afaik

lmao

jesuschrist, kys

I am the fag who asked about some debuging/log on mpv crashing on Eee PC windows 7 starter when resizing the mpv window

I got that notebook in hands again, but the motherfucking mpv did not crash at all this time
so no point in log file
I guess opinion saying that graphic driver issue was correct, and it got updated thorough win update and it got fixed

just some update

hahahahah

>pro
>buy
Those incompetent so-called developers want to sell this shit Holy fuck, they are retarded

>blaming others for your incompetence

>defending a shit paid product

I didnt pay for mpv

Updated mpv with mpv-build-git. Bitches about libbluray.Install libbluray.Still bitches about libbluray.Disable it in ffmpeg config, still bitches

What the fuck happened?

your fault

.. for using this pathetic shit software

>Which is the best setup for mpv and my intel hd3000?
- win10 + angle backend (others don't work)
- linux + intel driver + xorg
- linux + mesa + xorg
- linux + intel driver + wayland
- linux + mesa + wayland
- hackintosh (sierra)

There are too many choices!
Hopefully it seems ubuntu mir is almost dead!

lol wut

>win10 + angle
fastest

Holy fuck, you are retarded
madshi has nothing to with mpv and madvr is a separate project entirely.
Learn to read you illiterate stupid bitch.

Are you sure? Some people said windows driver for hd3000 was very bad!
And which one if I want to be free?

Fix your screen tearing mate.

How are you even watching that?

i have no clue where all this screen tearing came from the screenshot lulz

The intel drivers are part of mesa.
intel + mesa + wayland is your best bet.

are you new here? he is just a troll. it's obvious he plays different videos in mpv and mpc-hc/vlc.
also he said earlier that mpv is totally broken, cuz only direct3d vo works. obviously he is retarded who can't fix his shit pc, and calls other people incompetent.

actually yes windows driver for that legacy gpu is broken

i just wanted to post big brendan fraser

OK! I asked this because I installed the latest windows release today, mostly because of the huge improvements in the bash/wsl environment.
But it's still very bad, the install had to reboot twice and I have some instabilities now. So maybe I will try wayland with gnome but I am very intoxicated so I have some doubts. :(

Changing EnableULPS in the register from 1 to 0 solved almost everything.
Only OpenCL doesn't work.

Have you used gnome before? I like gnome but it's shit out of the box.

Newfag

>ULPS is a feature of AMD GPUs which are in a multi-GPU CrossFire configuration.
?

Yes gnome2. ;)

Oups, yes that's true, this thing is for my hybrid AMD/Intel laptop!

What's the best media player for Android? I want something that's stable and simplistic, functional but not over complicated and unnecessarily bogged down with a shitload of settings I will never use. Preferably an open source project with a relatively large userbase/established trust in the community. One that requires minimal user permissions. If there are no FOSS options I'll settle for a botnet if need be.

VLC didn't work out for me. Any other suggestions?

VLC is the best media player both for PC and Android

I bet you also eat shit and suck cocks

Of course

>gnome2
Oh you're in for a shock. If you don't wanna fuck around with gnome 3, go with ubuntu mate. I doesnt support wayland but whatever

>suck cocks
Yes! (:

What about gnome fallback?

Gnome fallback uses Xorg and it still has some of the same issues, like no maximize minimize buttons.
You can add them easily with tweak tool though.

Oh shit! I will probably use gnome with arc theme or this "unity" theme. Current win10 is too unstable on my machine, I don't know if it's because I installed Bash/WSL but it freeze all the time.

Yeah gnome looks really good if you're willing to rice, and add extensions.
Lately it seems though people just want something that works the way they want it to work right out of the box.

Now I have to choose the right distro... Arch, Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu and so on.

As an arch user, I'd recommend fedora unless you don't mind dealing with the hassle of setting up arch.
Debian is better if you want stability and don't mind older packages and Ubuntu has little quirks here and there which make fedora a more polished experience in comparison.

What about using arch-anywhere or manjaro-architect?
Now arch has a community based registry (AUR), is it really better than using flatpak or snapcraft packages?

If you don't care about the out-of-the-box experience, then yeah go for it though stay way from manjaro, they replace arch's repos with their own and have a more lax stance on security.

Flatpak is still in the early stages of adoption and flatpak applications don't integrate with your system well. AUR packages do. The aur is really nice cause chances are any piece of software you want is on there.

where my mpv webm encoding user at?

OK so arch-anywhere, gnome and wayland.

vobsub support when?

I think MX player is one of the best. I have no idea if it's foss or anything really.