So I'm building a PC for maximum privacy...

So I'm building a PC for maximum privacy. I always hear online that newer Intel processors have backdoors that people can use to spy on you, and that this started after the Core2Duo era. What's the most powerful Core2Duo/Quad that we know isn't backdoored? Also, I can get a Sempron 2560 from AMD for free from a buddy. Is that backdoored? Performance seems like it would be better than a Core2, and it has an integrated GPU. Is there anything else I should watch out for when choosing parts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_over_Avian_Carriers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop downloading CP

Check every part for Linux compatibility

Intel: anything before 2006
AMD: anything before 2013

Not for that but ok bro whatever you say
So the Sempron should be good? Not sure on the age of that one.
Will do

fpbp

RAD-hardened 286 in a faraday cage.

the backdor un the processors its called management engine for inter and amd have its own implementation, don't remember the name. In Intel it can be crippled with MEcleaner in certain motherboards.

Or take some FPGAs and create own CPU

No

Every CPU since the Pentium iii has a backdoor, so...

Mortals like you can't escape the likes of the NSA

Don't even try... It's a waste of fucking time. As soon as you decide to go on the internet your privacy is gone.

Could just do it Bin Laden style
He had a normal PC but no internet connection, rather someone would come on a motorcycle and deliver a USB with whatever he needed.

TALOS workstation with an SDIP-27 A monitor

If you want the ultimate in non-back doored performance, you will want to go with AMD Bulldozer. Also, for Core2, look at motherboards that can be modified to accept LGA771 Core2 Xeons. Thats what I am using.

>Core2Duo
also has "management engine"

before they also had it, but in a different place

cont'd

I am running a 3.16GHz Xeon quad-core overclocked the 3.8GHz. It has like 12MB cache. The CPU only cost $25 on eBay; eBay is flooded with Core2 Xeons

I heard there was a way to get rid of backdoor on newer Intel CPUs; can someone please elaborate on this?

>I'm building a PC for maximum privacy
>post it on obvious honeypot

might as well browse the internet with your nintendo wii

>there was a way to get rid of backdoor on newer Intel CPU
lies, it has only become more invasive.
on old cpus you could damage encrypted ME payload (binary blob image, that lives in BIOS) and it wouldn't take the binary, then and continue to run, on a new ones it will trigger watchdog timer after some time and shut down the main cpu

only something non-x86.
Like ARM-based shit, or old PowerPC based Mac, or Mips-based SGI.

If it has a management engine, it's backdoored. If you want to find out if the Intel ME or AMD PSP is present, live boot into Ubuntu or something on a machine with that processor installed, open the terminal, and type "lspci" to list PCI devices. If a management engine shows up on the PCI bus, it's backdoored.

Also, fucking Google it.

Unfortunately FPGAs themselves are closed-source

more details? what is ME cleaner? what motherboards?

having a serial number != having a backdoor

but he is right, P3 also had a backdoor, although you could cripple it and everything would just work, not like on C2D+

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_over_Avian_Carriers

>tens of gigabytes of data in around an hour, which on an average bandwidth basis compares very favorably to current ADSL standards, even when accounting for lost drives.

It was only on certain Pentium IIIs.

just buy a PC from the FSF, they sell "respect your privacy" certified computers with coreboot preinstalled and such

>it will trigger watchdog timer after some time and shut down the main cpu
bro this has been solved months ago

>ARM
no

>PPC, MIPS
maybe

what you really want, is SPARC