Why is it that whenever I hear "Garden of Eden" my mind immediately turns to Mesopotamia?

Why is it that whenever I hear "Garden of Eden" my mind immediately turns to Mesopotamia?

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 2:10-14&version=NIV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because the Tigris and Euphrates rivers are mentioned in the bible to be where it is?

where did the bullshit about it being in East Africa come from

because of the hanging gardens of babylon

because i assume these semetic angels&demons fairytales were born in that place

Are you sure it were those two rivers specifically? I do not ever recall any biblical text saying that Eden is located between two rivers.

cyprus was assyrian too

>be iraqi
>have floodplains covered in salt

>be iraqi
>be the ones that salted the floodplains because of bad farming practices

It's supposed to be somewhere in that area, according to the Bible.
So if anybody goes vacationing in Iraq and sees cherubim and a flaming sword "which turns every way" (הַמִּתְהַפֶּכֶת), give a holler.

Fuckin google it bud

Does the Bible say that Eden is on earth?

ends of the earth

This map is incorrect, the water levels were different at the time

as far as the bible is concerned, "the garden of eden" (at the time adam and eve lived there) is on earth, and very likely around the place in the OP

not sure where the misunderstanding comes from
tho in bulgarian it's literal translation is "heaven's garden". so it's possible it's similar in greek and latin, hence why in english people sometimes say "banished from paradise" or smth like that

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 2:10-14&version=NIV

lmao what a retarded fucking cult.

Natufian culture in Palestine, where an unusual abundance of wild crops supplemented hunting to enable a rare case of pre-Neolithic sedentary life, can be taken as corresponding to the mythical Eden inhabited by Adam and Eve according to the Tanakh

>tfw middle east used to be the cradle of civilization, with a variety of cultures, people and languages
>islam and arabs ruined it all

there are also two other rivers - do they no longer exist?

Holy shit, I never knew they were actually mentioned. So if they were literally mentioned to be rivers flowing through the Garden of Eden then how come "biblical scholars" keep trying to search for the garden when we already know of it's location?

it was a garden ship, it left earth physically.