Delidding thread

I'm an odd mix of scared and horny. Hold me Sup Forums

no u & ur mom

You're an idiot for even getting yourself into a situation where you feel you need to pry your CPU apart to get the max price/performance out of it.

Ryzen™ doesn't have this problem.

can this be an Ai thread now

TFW I will never be able to push the limits of my processor to hit the stock frequency of a competing processor with higher IPC.

>muh gigga hurtz
pic related

I thought delidding died years ago. Why are people doing it now? Did Intel fuck up their thermal paste again?

Higher instructions per clock. More clocks. You lose on both fronts. Sorry my use case isn't running handbrake all day encode 8k upscales of boku no pico.

yup, big time

Shitty TIM.

So your use case is playing CS:GO at 640x480 400 FPS instead?

>50C idle
lmao

They are copying their favorite ecelebs and parroting forums. I'm not even trolling right now. There's no benefit and only cons. The past Intel uses is actually great. The better performance some are getting is from slamming the IHS on the die or using silly metal based TIMs. It's not very practical or safe.

see for examples of said retards.

0.1 shekels have been deposited in your bank account.
sincerely,
Intel

>DELID DIS

>20c drops on kaby lake
>No benefit
I'm perfectly stable at 5ghz. I just want lower temps for 24/7.

Thanks kid.

>NO BENEFITS GOY, JUST BUY THE NEXT GENERATION WHEN IT'S RELEASED

we're going to need some compelling arguments for this transition

you're welcome goy, keep up the good work. Israel needs you!

>24/7
A delid is not great for that.
I don't think your OC with its 2% increase in performance is going to help that. These days you get more performance out of OCing ram than CPUs.

:thinking:

owo

>need to buy a delidding kit for $50 to unlock the full potential of your CPU

Too fucking cute

>Implying your aren't going to spend more than that in electric for your inferior AMD power consumption
>Needing to overclock to reach stock clock performance of Intel
>Needing BIOS updates to run ram thats been out for years

God you AMD fangirls are all pajeets.

you make a good point

chortled

>those dead slope eyes
just get a realdoll ffs

what's wrong with a vise and a piece of wood you pooftering sissybitch?

ywn breed her against their will and flee back to europe forcing her to raise a healthy aryan-gook mix of a baby

>inferior AMD power consumption
[citation needed]

>No graphs
>No charts
>No links
>No evidence of any kind
Shekelchasers BTFO

Is delidding ivybridge beneficial? I might give it a shot when I build my next computer but if it doesn't make a difference I would rather leave things in working order

mods are no fun :

Ivy Bridge: 10°C to 25°C
Haswell: 10°C to 25°C
Devil's Canyon: 7°C to 15°C
Broadwell: 8°C to 18°C
Skylake: 8°C to 18°C
Kaby Lake: 12° to 25°C

Per silicon lottery.

>The past Intel uses is actually great
as someone who is using an i7 7700k right now, you are full of shit. This cpu has the stupidest temps I have ever seen

then something is wrong with your heatsink installation because Nahalem used to idle in the 50C region so if you're seeing worse than that you fucked up.

My 6600k idles at 30C and I have my case jammed under my desk where the ambient temp is hotter than the rest of my room.

You have absolutely no clue what you're talkin about. 7700k run hot as hell.

>forum parrotor

I've successively delidded five processors
>Vice only method is reliable
>Soak both lid and processor in Goof Off for 5 minutes and use a spoon to scrape the epoxy off
>Rinse in rubbing alcohol
>Use an inert liquid metal and apply it use a flat-tipped brush you can get at an arts and craft store
>Apply a thin layer to both lid and die--note, you only need a small drop and make sure its mirror smooth
>Use a high-temp glue or epoxy to glue the heatspreader back, apply only on the corners
>Loctite sells their all-purpose Go2Glue that fits the bill
>You can either let gravity set the lid, or you can go the extra step and carefully use a motherboard socket to clamp it down

I currently have a 6700 with a Scythe Shurikan, undervolted to 1.1v, that never gets above 46C in a SFF case

nice

I attribute this to overall poor quality control
>Shitty TIM instead of being soldered on
>Minute gap created by using too much epoxy
>I've also seen shitty applications too, with whole bare spots on the die

It's pretty sad that a delidded 6700K will have lower temps than a non-delidded 6600K

Safety trumps a slight increase in temps. And no metal based thermal paste is made for 24/7 use.

It's not even slight, it's pretty fucking substantial.

Time will tell if this eventually goes south or not, but in the meantime, I have three fucking computers that are whisper-quiet because I can afford to turn the fans down/off on them.

Yes, delidding is stupid, but insane temps are also stupid too--it used to be that the upper threshold for temps used to be 65C, but we had to bump that up to 80C because Intel inherently made mini space heaters.

>It's not even slight, it's pretty fucking substantial.
With the metal base thermal pastes.

diddling processors should be illegal.

Sometimes I get this feeling Intelcucks delidded themselves and filled their heads with thermal compound.

Jesus Christ how can white women even fucking compete?

>Why are people doing it now?
20 °C cooler under load
C
°
C

they can't
Asian women are the best

Damage control is futile.