ITT: God Tier programmers

ITT: God Tier programmers
Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/id-Software/Quake-III-Arena
github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Writing software entirely in C isn't that difficult, it just means you'll be rolling your own data structures to accommodate your needs.

You'd spend the same amount of time writing your game algorithms in another language.

>C
>not ARM assembly

Man, Chris Sawyer has really got casual over the last few years.

I'm not sure if I'm slightly retarded or future amazing programmer...doing things like this requires a certain sort of thinking about things in a very pure and rational way. Basically while I have been learning to code, I've been fucking Disgusted by the complexity that people are OK with. Python is one language I kinda like cause there's a concept of things being pythonic which is to mean the most simple efficient elegant way. Clearly that goes right out the window if you look at most python code or any other. Coders find a solution and then just copy paste the code and that's it. When i first say this I thought "Who even fucking does that" but EVERYBODY does and it's insane. I get writing things in longer form to make the code easier to read. Super cool one liners are fun but obviously difficult to interpret, so I get maybe the absolute extreme shouldn't be practiced. But the standard is to write long form code that is extremely difficult to interpret. Wtf

It's pretty messed up how little some people can do with hundreds of thousands or millions of lines of code.
Making a comparable application to one with 500k lines of codes in only 25k lines of code certainly does not make you a bad programmer.

>Super cool one liners are fun but obviously difficult to interpret
These can often be slower than 20 lines, so often bad.
Your code should be tidier and shorter due to good interconnected (but not inter-dependent) systems that allows a ton of reuse, and generalized functional programming, not because of obnoxious one liners.
Python sux tho

That dude wrote the originals in fucking ASM with some C++ bindings to have it talk to windows.
Rewriting it in C was probably a cakewalk

this

Yeah, the dude is a god.
Made one of the greatest games ever, written by himself, in assembly with some C++ bindings.

Game programmers are usually the worst programmers in existence. Not this guy.

/thread

>entirely in C
Big redflag. Shitty and unsecure program guaranteed.

And yet it isn't, because Chris Sawyer is a great programmer.

Nice try though, brainlet.

>mom, i posted it again
Go program in that Rust now will you.

This. C is excellent if it's only used by top 1% programmers - which is exactly why C itself is a bottom 1% language in practice.

github.com/id-Software/Quake-III-Arena

understudied roast

>And yet it isn't
Ah sweet delusions

Most game engines were written in C for a long time.
UE4 was one of the first to be mostly written in C++ instead.

Is true.

Rust is objectively better than C++ tho.

>Rust is objectively better than C++ tho.

Why? honest question

Much better performance, much better safety.
And as ugly as some syntax in Rust is, C++ is often worse.
C++ was also originally based on a type of programming (class-oriented, a misunderstanding of object-oriented), which was a huge mistake.

C++ is the typical bad sequel that doesn't match up to the original at all.

Wasn't the original Rollecoaster Tycoon written almost entirely in Assembly?

>he only reads the op
leave

>God tier programmer
>Refuses to write his game in a sensible language because he's too stupid to learn more complicated paradigms than the ones he already learned in C

I did actually scan the thread, I didn't see the word assembly so I thought it wasn't mentioned. Sorry.

tschh if he had done it in python he could have just done

>import rollercoastertycoon

Me

You sound like you're just retarded and have trouble reading other people's code.

I assure you that you've never written a program consisting of more than 500k lines of code simply based on the way you talk.

>this dude is a god
This dude is a sperg who makes shitty train games.*

Let me know when you are anywhere near as successful as him.

How do you quantify success? I probably am.

>impying M$ winshit ASM macro language isn't basically a shitty C-like language

he wasn't as great as you make him out to be tard.

nice assurance

DELET TIHS

>Game programmers are usually the worst programmers in existence
you haven't met many data scientists, have you

I mean for people that do programming as their main job, and not just part of it as a glorified calculator.

>The freetard screams angrily behind his heavy breathing as Doritos chunks fly out of his mouth and get entangled in his crusty neckbeard.

Daily reminder that the community has been porting RCT2 to C++ since 2014
github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2