>written in a programming language
Guaranteed security vulnerabilities.

negative iq nigger

>Written in Lua
Guaranteed no security vulns and amazing performance when run with LuaJIT

Nice strawman

>written in managed language

>1000 times slower than it needs to be
>still full of security vulnerabitites because the VM/runtime is written in either C or C++ anyway.

How is this a strawman?

Why are you so upset, pajeet?

>Software

>gpl

nice pajeet meme rehash classroom masturbating toilet tub diving cyberlamo

Are you having a mental breakdown? Please stream your suicide attempt

nah mate im just having some lulz thanks for joining us today user!!

>requires .NET framework

Guaranteed to be a quickly thrown together piece of crap.

>getch();

lmao'd right here

fucking winfaggots. i guess it's better than fucking calling a subshell and some nt specific prompt like i see some winfaggots do.

>LuaJIT
that bitecode trick has something going for it

Office is written with it

nevermind, getch() is some conio bullshit.

fucking streetshitters

Why are C tards so angry 24/7? Does it come from the frustration of unproductivity?

I fucking hate C but come the fuck on.

winfaggots are cancer.

>Written in Rust or other meme languages
Guaranteed SJW
>Program with really stupid name
Guaranteed freetardation

>This project encourages friendly collaboration between people of all sexualities, political views*, genders, colors, ethnicities, religions, etc and offers a safe, gentle, warm workplace.
>*restrictions may apply: your views must reinforce our own or you will be ousted like the cis white male scum that you are

Employees can't drink alcohol at work or show up drunk, and most things you consume there are to be paid for. Meanwhile in belgium: politicians not only have a bar right in parliament, the alcohol is even free for them to consume without limits.

Work sectors require you to be good at what you do and care little about your private life because doing your job is all that matters. Meanwhile in software: your software skills are literally the least relevant factor of your membership in a project.

Why do we keep allowing this kind of bullshit to happen? I thought the passage of time was supposed to bring progress, not regression.

>Developers use either Anime and/or Furry profile avatars.
>Written by someone who regularly shills C on Sup Forums
I don't have a problem with C but I do have a problem with Sup Forums shitposters.

>>Written by obvious reactionary
Into the trash it goes

post yfw Bill Gates is a massive SJW and Tim Cook is gay

Fuck fuck fuck I have a very suitable screenshot buried somewhere.

>Written in C
>written in a programming language
Guaranteed security vulnerabilities.
Fucking newfags lurk more.
At least about standard:
ISO/IEC 9899:2011(Cor 1:2012) aka C11
ISO/IEC TS 17961:2013 aka secure coding in C

>secure coding
>in C
kek

>He thinks standards will prevent dangling pointers

>Software red flags
Try this joint.

And in general:
>safe coding
>in C
Pick one.

fuck off. C is shit and will always be shit.

doesn't mean it's useless or disappearing but for fucks sake.

Is this bait or C++ can't compare strings (which is highly unlikely)

C is slowly fading away

probably some meme hyper over optimization.

good.

hopefully people will stop autistically screeching about how C++ is somehow the devil and worse than C now.

at least C++ is usable.

It's not bait, you can find this in Qt Creator GIT. This is not even C level, even in C you can one line function to compare strings without that joint.

This so much

How would you compare two strings in C? Doesn't string.h have a comparison function?

meant for

of course it has. strcmp.

>he thinks that coding by standards will result in zero vulnerabilities

Isn't GNU/Linux mainly written in C?

C joining perl now.

Good riddance

Yes, a few months ago there was a vulnerability in Linux that escelates to local root. Caused by a double free. How embarassing

Why is C such a massive flop?
What happened to C++ in 2004?
Why is Java so successful?

Yes and GNU/Linux is guaranteed full of security vulnerabilities.

what exactly is this tracking?

It says in the picture
tiobe.com/tiobe-index/

>qt 4.2.1
nice try Igor.

Yes. It's just well audited C. Most C is not well audited.

the pciture says rating its not very descriptive

this is waht i wanted

The TIOBE Programming Community index is an indicator of the popularity of programming languages. The index is updated once a month. The ratings are based on the number of skilled engineers world-wide, courses and third party vendors. Popular search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo!, Wikipedia, Amazon, YouTube and Baidu are used to calculate the ratings. It is important to note that the TIOBE index is not about the best programming language or the language in which most lines of code have been written.

java is successful because it's fast and provides the level of abstraction that is much nicer to work with than C or C++

also Java is nice because it's abi/api cross platform compatible so you don't need like meme build machines for god awful platforms like HP-UX or some other cross compiler fuckery.

>Java is successful because provides the level of abstraction that is much nicer to work with than C++
FTFY.

Java is successful for the same reason C was successful, and it's the very same reason why Go will be successful, more than Rust: Ease of use.

When C came out programmers were able to reduce the development time by 40-60%.

In comes Java --allows programmers to be more productive. It also provided GC and objects. Programmers found them more appealing than manual memory management and started creating big programs on servers.

Now the time has come for Go. It's much more simple than Java . If google decides to support Go in android, Java may be superseded by Go.

Rust is also going to be successful, mainly because it has a much nicer RAII than C++. However Rust will always be far behind Go because of it's complexity. This is why C++ never took place of C. However if Rust manages to become a bigger monster than C++, it will die very quickly.

Programmers are dumb in general which is very humane.

why they fuck will go be sucessful when everything is moving toward javascript or python

Nah office is done in C++ most likely and it used to use win32, only in the last 10 years has it switched to using .net

Java mostly became successful because it was taught by a lot of schools that thought OO was the way of the future, and it was a great OO learning language. The students just didn't understand that it wasn't supposed to be for production environments, so they kept using it, and then Java had to become faster, and then hardware became faster, and then it became just... normal.

Until Go is getting taught as the main language in a lot of schools, it's not really going to enjoy that same success.

>uses the internet
Guaranteed security vulnerabilities

This's how it works, kid.

butwhy.jpg

>Written in C
>Guaranteed security vulnerabilities
K, find me some on seL4.

Oh, you can't?

toolbars

Opensores software is shit though. Just look at qbittorent and libreoffice.

Java is killing android. Androids have to have twice the cpu power of ios just to run the jvm at a decent speed without lagging.

Budget phones are almost unusable due to the lag.

>>Written in C
I guess you should stop using your entire operating system.

>It's made in a scripting language
You just KNOW it's going to be garbage.

C is a nice scripting language

kys

>Just look at qbittorent and libreoffice.
What is the problem with them? qbittorent works perfectly for me and regarding libreoffice it works fine, while most documents opens fine i try to avoid saving documents in ooxml format precisely because only microsoft knows how the format works exactly, most people accepts either PDF when they'll not modify the document or to share it via google docs, almost everyone has a gmail account (thanks to android largely) and for calaborative work online solutions are better.

It's not Qt 4.2.1, it's Qt Creator 4.2.1, nigggeroid.
Of course it has.

Sure it is buddy.
*Compiles C code into machine code*

But Haiku is written in C++

Why do I find this photo so funny?

Everyone laughs at C codes, user

Written by anime users