I'm buying a pack of three cheap ARM development boards ($10 for a pack of $3). They are Cortex M0, low power usage...

I'm buying a pack of three cheap ARM development boards ($10 for a pack of $3). They are Cortex M0, low power usage, I2C, CAN and other connectivity.

What can i do with them? I'm already putting sensors on one of them and using hot air balloons to make it fly into space (might put rockets on there too).

Let's assume I can put $100 into each of them, and I don't care if I ever get them back.

pic related, the amazon link is amazon.com/XCSOURCE-STM32F030F4P6-CORTEX-M0-Development-TE632/dp/B01MYMHWUI?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01MYMHWUI

Other urls found in this thread:

particle.io/products/hardware/electron-cellular-dev-kit
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shove them up your ass. if you don't need them, don't buy them.

build a mechanical keyboard! with an altimeter and a tilt sensor, that tweets when you hit >100wpm (maybe by counting spacebar presses?)

>implying buying an extra two is a bad thing
I would be surprised if I don't break any on the way down

nah

Why not buy them from Aliexpress? The dev boards you find on Amazon are almost always acquired from your favorite chink shopping website anyways.

Have you got any idea how powerful these things are relative to older microcontrollers? Yet you can't think of anything original to do. Maybe get one to link up to a Pi to make some LEDs do something pretty. Jesus.

Hobbyists are scum.

>hot air balloon into space
user you're a retard

I don't really care about saving an extra two or so dollars.

well, 99% of what I see hobbyists do with these boards is either completely pointless or very specific to a field, making it useless to me. I'm just asking for what ideas Sup Forums has

not into space per-se, but pretty high

>I'm just asking for what ideas Sup Forums has

>Hey guys I bought this MCU/Raspberry Pi
>Hurr what should I do with it

Every day

Forever

If you come here every day, I think you have bigger problems

it's pretty nice to be able to blink an led without needing a pickit. even if you're wasting processing power, you can get an avr board for like three dollars so there's not a whole lot of point in messing with older chips

But he can't even come up with the idea of blinking the LED.

OP, do you know what an interrupt is? If not, why haven't you researched this and found out how interesting and powerful it is on your own?

>But he can't even come up with the idea of blinking the LED.
I came up with the idea, and then dismissed it as stupid because
>1 555 can do the exact same thing
>I have literally no use for that

Now I can get a line of them together and somehow create some sort of randomly seeded automata, that could be cool

Make RGB LED strip controllers so you can to fancy lighting effects in your PC case.
That's what I'm going to do with my AVR board.

Attach a thermocouple and use it to seed an RNG of your own design.

Sounds cool, maybe i will do that

i like that. any ideas on what i can do with that data (cellular automata, print directly to leds)

Automata to LEDs is an idea I have had for a while. Also to have a decently powerful board run an LED game of some sort (Abalone probably) where the AI is driven by a genetic algorithm and it keeps track of generations etc

particle.io/products/hardware/electron-cellular-dev-kit

It's expensive, but you can find your sensors back when it lands.

Or, at least, it will send back sensor readings over cellular so you'd still have some data even if the device lands where you can't retrieve it.

>I'm already putting sensors on one of them and using hot air balloons to make it fly into space (might put rockets on there too).
>fly into space
Good luck!

I can leave any day I want!

install gentoo