Why is the XPS 15 so revered here? Everywhere I go I hear about the QC issues

Why is the XPS 15 so revered here? Everywhere I go I hear about the QC issues

Source?

Shills

what does it mean QC?

Quality control.

Shills.

Quality control.

Dell releasing their products without testing so 80%+ come back with some issue or another

>QC issues
Such as?

Coil whine, screen flicker, BSOD, ghosting, bleeding, backlight bleeding on top of all the horrible driver issues

It runs Windows

Why is this laptop so shilled in here I wonder

I fell for the meme.

Got an XPS13 QHD

>Coil whine
>extreme temperatures
>randomly freezing
>Windows scaling is absolute shit on 3k

It's a shame because it could be a really good piece of kit. Had to return it.

>QHD
>WINDOWS (not an OSX)
>Dell
>ultrabook
you asked for trouble

Did Windows rape you or something

No, it just sucks

Once you try macOS or a good Linux distro on supported hardware, you won't go back to the horrid experience of using Windows.

shilling
its the ugliest fucking pos
>how can we make our plastic shittier?
>lets imprint it with a pattern

Don't forget that bottom bezel
>let's make the top bezel super fucking tiny, who cares if we need to put the webcam in the bottom bezel and make it 3" thick?

What's the best alternative then, if the XPS is shit?

I bought 2 FHD xps 13s
The first one had 0 problems
The second one had glaring QC issues which made me replace it within the week

Now both don't really have any issues

Asus zenbook for ultrabook
HP zbook or nu-thinkpads for thicc laptops

It has QC issues like coil whine, but there is literally no other alternative on the market at the moment.
Linux works like shit if you want to switch GPU, but that's Linux's fault and again, there really is no other alternative.

If you want the jus'werks experience go buy a Mac, but that'll set you back twice as much as the XPS and MacOS is not always a suitable choice for doing complex work (e.g. debugging neural networks).

Also the GPU in the XPS is the bomb, it literally outperforms a Tesla K40C that I have at uni.

Because they hate macbooks and they need desperately a windows machine to root for and thats the best they can get.

MBP has a ton of QC issues as well.

> One year of college left
> Computer needs are programming, music production, and MAYBE low tier games.
> What is the highest amount I can spend without going retard mode?
> Should I join the zenbook master race?

>twice as much

wtf are you talking about, a decently spec'd xps15 has at least $2000

Because it has a thin monitor bezel. That is literally it. Yes, this board is that gullible and teenage. Its a fucking $2,000 Reddit machine.

>If you want the jus'werks experience go buy a Mac, but that'll set you back twice as much as the XPS

The XPS starts at around $1,200, the MBP starts at $1,400. Don't know how that's 'twice as much'.

Equally specced XPS 15 and tMBP15 are 1799€ and 3299€, so 1.83 times as expensive.
And in the tMBP you get a shit GPU, an old processor, soldered everything, no accidental damage insurance and a port selection which is a joke (inb4 moving forward innovashun: SD cards are far from obsolete).

Works on my machine™

>good Linux distro on supported hardware
That's impossible

used business class dell or ibm or lenovo

>Asus
I'd laugh, but I've been taught not to bully retarded people

You're a handicap. You cannot 'similarly spec' the Dell and the MBP because both have very differently costing other things than their CPUs. You're a tech illiterate Sup Forumstard though so I don't expect much.

Like? Go ahead, show me how you justify almost double the price taking into account all the things I mentioned above (and not just the CPU pal, you sound retarded tbqh).

MBP having a last gen CPU having is sad, and it's even sadder retards are paying $1500 for it.

You don't get in the first place using your own intelligence so I'm not going to explain some in depth shit to some Sup Forumstard on a dying thread, they're not double the fucking price you dumb cunt, the MBP is about $200 more expensive.

Because Kaby Lake is so much better than Skykike. Because 100% of the cost is for the CPU. Please go back to whatever board you came from.

Outstanding argument my boi, I'll just leave you be with your conviction that between 1799€ and 3299€ there are 200€.
Deny thyself

>no specific configurations mentioned
>too dumb to compare two laptops
>euroshit monopoly money

Nice opinion.

I did compare two laptops, and I said they were equally specced. Namely, quad core i7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD 1080p (the Mac has the (((retina))) display that is limited at virtual 1080p anyway).

I thought that what they said about Americans was just a meme, but you are actually as retarded as they say

It's limited to 1680x1050.

a $1500 macbook pro has less screen real estate than a cheap $300 pc

The more popular something is, the more you're gonna hear about QC issues since there's a much larger pool to get information from.

Honestly, minor QC issues are not the end of the end. Mine ended up having a bloated battery that caused the trackpad to lift up. Did a warranty replacement. Best laptop I've ever owned by a huge margin.

FHD is the one true model. QHD is a meme.

It seems to be the most sensible choice tbqh.

It's comfy as fuck senpai, try it once if you can.

It's the most sensible choice right now if you want a professional compact laptop with enough horsepower for development/engineering.
Other compacts are corelets and other workstations are heavier/larger which might not be desirable for everyone.

It is good tho, if you get a good model. The laptop itself works great, it's the best one I had.
I had better luck in terms of QC with Dell's Outlet, I always do my shopping there. In the chat you can get good discounts.

>everywhere I go
so the basement and the kitchen when you're on your phone?

Nobody here actually has one. They just wish they do.

I don't.

>have to get last year's model to run windows 7

Shitposting from one kind user :^)

Its not limited by anything. Holy shit you people are so fucking clueless. You can even make it 1:1. Proof both of you have never touched a Mac before. Why do you insist on arguing topics you know nothing about?

>Have to get an outdated model to run an outdated version of an outdated OS
hmmm

there are not good alternatives to it

thinkpads dont have stylish portable quad core with pascal gtx1050
15" in 14" body thanks to tiny bezel
also display is far superior to shit tier thinkpad offering

I wish it was not the case, and that there would be Thinkpad Q or whatever that tries to give something comparable, but there is not.

And as always, many products have issues, and when something is popular and you look for places with issues might post, you find a lot of complains.

But just buy it from place where you can return it and you are not risking much $, only your time.

So, whats the competition?
4 core / 8threads CPU with reasonably powerful GPU with amazing display?

I have an XPS13. Other than a processor fan failure which was fixed by updating the bios. I don't have any issues and I like it. Also, fast boot doesn't work right on mine. I had to disable it otherwise it wouldn't shut down or startup properly.

This is what free software do to you.

>Pic is of same girl

Jesus fucking Christ

Fastboot never works correctly

The first thing every person needs to do on every windows 10 PC is enable legacy boot + UEFI and disable fastboot