This is too hilarious to not have on the front page

This is too hilarious to not have on the front page.

infoworld.com/article/3186781/processors/intels-cannonlake-pc-chip-shipments-may-slip-into-next-year.html

>Those 8th Generation Core laptops may be more attractive to customers. The first 10-nm Cannonlake chips will be slower than 14-nm 8th Generation Core processors. Intel acknowledged the speeds during the manufacturing event, with a chart showing 10-nm chips catching up with 14-nm chip performance in one to two years.
>The first 10-nm Cannonlake chips will be slower than 14-nm 8th Generation Core processors.
>will be slower than 14-nm 8th Generation Core processors.
>slower than 14-nm
>Intel acknowledged the speeds during the manufacturing event, with a chart showing 10-nm chips catching up with 14-nm chip performance in one to two years.
> with a chart showing 10-nm chips catching up with 14-nm chip performance in one to two years.
>10-nm chips catching up with 14-nm chip performance in one to two years.
>two years

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/?offset=0&ghost=yes&task=search&search_text=cannonlake dieshrink
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Relevant

I was actually waiting for cannon-lake before I built my new PC

On one hand I'm not in a hurry to build a PC but on the other hand I was expecting a much better payoff for waiting for cannonlake, I guess I'll be waiting longer than I expected.

>waiting
Oh so you're team red now?

Intel should have invested more into R&D and fabs instead of Feminist Frequency and (((((((((((Diversity))))))))))

Wow, hilarious

Nope. I've heard too many bad anecdotes about AMD, I don't want to sound like an intel fanboy but I like things to just werk. If AMD can get rid of that stigma I'll go red.

You're waiting for 2019? Because that's after Cannonlake.

I'm really wondering where you heard those anecdotes because while AMD's CPUs have been renowned as poor performing- being unreliable is something I've never heard.

>I was expecting a much better payoff for waiting for cannonlake

warosu.org/g/?offset=0&ghost=yes&task=search&search_text=cannonlake dieshrink

You had people telling you it's nothing but a dieshrink of Skylake and you were expecting "a much better payoff"

From fucking what?

>Intel, can i get a new architecture?

>22nm? What do you need 32nm for?
>Help, Police!!! This man is tryin to kill me over 5% performance increase!!!
>He, you are going to hear from this from my lawyer.

Man Intel was so not ready for Ryzen.

>on the other hand I was expecting a much better payoff for waiting
What, exactly, we're you expecting? We've known that this would not be a significant bump for a long time now and anyone with more than two brain cells knew not to expect too much from it.
>I've heard too many bad anecdotes about AMD, I don't want to sound like an intel fanboy but I like things to just werk.
You do sound like an Intel shill. A CPU is a CPU is a CPU. If it doesn't just work then there's something seriously wrong. What sort of anecdotes have you heard?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

404 issuE NOT FOUND

this

My favorite thing in the article is the last line:

> "Intel has a goal of delivering a minimum of 15 percent improvement in chip performance on an annual basis."

And I have a goal of fucking 50 new women this year. Can you guess whose goal is more realistic?

>>>/reddit/

>>I've heard too many bad anecdotes about AMD

WTF are you talking about?

Go onto Newegg and look at the number of eggs for Ryzen:

AMD RYZEN 7 1700 -- 5 eggs (111 reviews)
AMD RYZEN 7 1700X -- 5 eggs (63 reviews)
AMD RYZEN 7 1800X -- 5 eggs (49 reviews)

Then look at the eggs for their biggest sellers:

AMD FX-8350 -- 5 eggs (2,568 reviews)
AMD FX-6300 -- 5 eggs (1,462 reviews)
AMD FX-8320 -- 5 eggs (945 reviews)

Same with Intel, too. Say what you want about price and speed, both companies are turning out absolutely excellent quality products.

I'll bet every single one of the "bad anecdotes" you've "heard" about have been a result of mobo problems, or else someone didn't do their research and put together a mis-matched build.

7 gen is perfect

>I've heard too many bad anecdotes about AMD
I specifically like anecdotes about Calculator bug, about dying USB ports, about frying CPU memory controller with DDR3 memory, about blocking BCLK overclocking...

Oh wait.

>hehe goy
>sustainability right? LOL
>good goy

jewish physics

just bought a skylake 6 months ago

feels good

Wasn't Intel going off about how Samsung's 10nm process is inferior to theirs?

Don't Samsung 10nm chips perform faster and cooler than Samsung 14nm chips?

>ARM
>X64
pick one

>The first 10-nm Cannonlake chips will be slower than 14-nm 8th Generation Core processors

JUSTWAIT
U
S
T
W
A
I
T

This