Which one wins?

Which one wins?

I am a long term chrome user, just because I am a lazy prick.
Just installed ubuntu 17.04 and havent installed chrome yet. Firefox seems to be kinda comfy. Is there anything better on firefox that I am missing with chrome? Syncing all shit with muh jewgle account was kinda nice

Use both.

Tab mix plus. That addon has option of opening links to different sites in new tab without using middle click.

Make sure you install the best version of Firefox

>not using edge

Edge has ublock origins, lastpass and tampermonkey.

I would switch to edge if it got uMatrix. I would also like HTTPS everywhere.

POO

>Edge
>Ubuntu
Tipical Microshit shill, can't read.

Everybody loses

Chrome has the cleanest layout, no useless buttons. Also profile switcher >> switch between work and personal profiles.

>uhide meme

Chrome looks like shit on GNOME.

It was never a war. Chrome won after Firefox lost via walkover pretty much.

You could have just said GNOME looks like shit.

>botnet vs sjwshit
you choose

I prefer Opera. Chinese botnet doesn't bother me as much as Google datamining and NSA backdoors.

what makes it better?

Placebo

Chrome is botnet.

When I installed Gentoo I emerged firefox because chromium's source tarball was like 1gb while firefox was only around 200mb and I didnt want to think about how long it would take to compile that big of source files. But the more I look into it, it seems that chromium actually has more advanced security features like sandboxing, seccomp, etc.

A working adblocker
HTTPS everywhere
NoScript
RequestPolicy Continued
Self-Destructing Cookies
uBlock Origin

Firefox is neat to mess with, but takes like 12 minutes to open.

Chrome has the much more preferable search bar/URL bar combination. It could use some more customization applications though.

I'm serious, I've seen many people here recommend Nightly over regular Firefox, and I don't know why. I'm truly interested in knowing the benefits

It's faster and has a better icon.

As fast as chrome or just faster?

this one wins ofc

I tested ungoogled chromium against FF nightly about a month ago.
On average, I'd say chromium loads pages a bit faster, but it isn't really noticeable unless you have both browser open next to each other.
The issues with chromium though are that loading pages can be inconsistent, in that it will occasionally take a very long time to load a page for some reason. The UI is also not as customizable as Firefox.

If you really value the Google sync feature then you might as well stick to chrome/chromium. Otherwise give ff nightly a try.

>Otherwise give ff nightly a try
I'll be sure to do so, thanks

just as fast as the google ultron browser

Opera always wins. Get with the times

FF is good and has been basically the same year over year, don't have to worry about shit breaking, or losing your extensions

>says to switch to edge
>edge is so bad that even he doesn't use it
What did he mean by this

Wut, why wouldn't you just middle click you nigger

Nightly uses 4 processes (e10s) instead of 1 like the current stable FF making it much faster (note: you can have 2 processes on stable branch if you edit about:config). Chrome already has multi-process so they're pretty much comparable speed-wise. I like FF's UI better and am not a fan of Google having ALL my data so I stick with FF. Firefox Photon is coming later this year which means big changes (especially to extensions).