ISP

Tell me about ISP in your country

Are they good? How much do you pay? Data caps?

Other urls found in this thread:

rcs-rds.ro/internet-digi-net/fiberlink?t=internet-fix&pachet=digi_net_fiberlink_1000
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Could be worse.

I lived in Ireland and the UK and never had to deal with data caps but I just moved to Canada and the only way I can get an unlimited data connection is to buy a business plan which is a fucking joke.

Apparently the PM here said that unlimited data and cheap broadband will be considered a basic right for the Canadian people so hopefully that will push the ISPs away from the crooked US format

Mexico, 25Mb, $15 USD ($300MXN).

Where you at? Oakville, Ontario here. Plenty of ISPs, including third parties, offer unlimited in nonbusiness packages. Netfox and Teksavvy are good choices

>data caps
What.

Canadian living near Toronto. I use these guys called Netfox. Officially it's 40 down, 10 up, but in practice it's about 45down. $60 CAD and it's "unlimited." (Fine print actually limits it to 2TB a month but I can't imagine going over that.)

Vancouver mate

Croatia, Iskon 50/10 "unlimited", 27 freedom dollars

also
>2017
>data caps

Check the website canadianisp. But I would recommend Teksavvy, Yak, or Distributel

Oh shit, another Oakville user?
Third Line and Upper Middle here.
Fuck Bell, btw.

Sheridan student? Not one myself but I live in the Marlborough apartments nearby

Also yeah Bell is the evilest, cuntiest TV, mobile network, and internet provider in Canada

Nah, I did go there for short time though.
Those apartments are ghetto as fuck lmao, a buddy of mine who lived there had roaches and ants

1229 or 1260? 1260 is just horrid, but 1229 is run by a different company and is actually nice and well-maintained. The fact that 1260 also has subsidized housing doesn't help

Uruguay - ANTEL. Very good. 60/10 Mbit. There are limited plans but have unlimited. ~42 USD/month

Also, mobile: ~24 USD/month for 4G Service (3GB/month, but recharges are really cheap and I dont really use the internet a lot except for chatting)

India - DNA Infotel. Its a local ISP. Unlimited. 31USD for 4MBps.

You're getting jewed with that plan negro, ANTEL multiplies your speed every year if you're on fiber.
I'm on 30/6 and only paying for like 3/1 since before they mass installed fiber. They've been doubling my connection for a few years already.
Still, fucking faggots should offer gigabit already instead of that weak ass 120/12 shit max.

Poland. My ISP is called INEA, it's roughly 25$/month for 1000 Mb/s, around 16$ for 150MB/s and 10$/month for 50Mb/s connection which is their cheapest option. No caps.

Jealous Canadian seething over here

Check out Romanian internet and you'll really get jealous.

Nah, living in Romania doesn't seem worth it

It was absolutely disgusting.

A buddy of mine lives in Constanța.
Unlimited FTTH gigabit for less than $20 CAD a month.

I pay $35/mo for 40 down 5 up.
I actually get around 55-60 down and 10 up, so I'm happy.

Mexico
$65 bucks for 200/200 mbps internet and unlimited phone line.

Axtel?

Yeah but Mexico.

Russia. Pay ₽500, which is like $10, for 100mbit/s. No data cap. Censorship exists, but fairly easy to get around.

Poland
i pay $10 for 50mbit because it's an old contract
in a few months i will switch to 300mbit for $12
>2008
>data caps

>data caps

what kind of shithole third world country do you live in?

>Pacific NW
>CenturyLink
>42 ping to Google
>nuff said

maybe australia or canada
i don't know any other countries with caps

I want to see some Aussie and kiwi speeds nao!

ISP: Digi (RDS)
Best offer: 1000 Mbps download, 500 Mbps upload
Data cup: no, lol
Price: 9.15 $/month

rcs-rds.ro/internet-digi-net/fiberlink?t=internet-fix&pachet=digi_net_fiberlink_1000

Germany.

Speed is ok, but it's pretty expensive. No data caps, but for some reason German ISPs have very low upload speed.

E.g. I have 60Mbit/s down and only 3Mbit/s up for 34,95 Euro/month (This includes TV and phone, tho).
The fastest option my ISP offers is 400Mbit/s down and only 10Mbit/s up.

my landlord (HOAS) and ISP (Sonera, now Telia) have some deal so my 50/50 speeds are included in my already relatively cheap rent

250/20 mbit, 20$ Poland
No data cap

also this is Finland

Cykablyat. 6$ for 100 Mbit UL/DL, it's fairly good, no caps or slowing down torrent speeds. But I can't open mpv.io without using VPN, because these braindead censorship-obsessed faggots now ban sites by ip. Kill me.

Croatiaball can't into rich EU country.
Optima, 20/4
~100kn(~12€)
Data cap!?
Idk, I never spent more than half tb

> ban sites by ip

Only retard ISPs do this. There are decent ones which don't. But, either way, look up "Aнтицeнзopити". It's a PAC (Proxy Auto Config) script which is designed specifically to bypass Russian bullshit censorship, including sites which are blocked "alongside" with bad ones in case your ISP is retarded like you describe.

Short history of the telecom sector in Spain:

Before the late 1990s: national monopoly, expensive-ass prices.
Sector opened in the late 1990s, with lot of small companies appearing offering cheap calls and internet.

Some of them were successful, some not. Eventually, the bigger ones started to buy these small startups, leaving 5 major players in the table.

Couple years ago, two of these merged with another two, leaving only 3 major telecom companies in the country.

With the competition being over prices have skyrocketed, with my plan (pic related, includes mobile line with 5GB of data) going up in just a couple of years from 55€ month to 65€.

Yay for the free market. At least we don't have to deal with caps.

South Korea, KT, around $30 for 100/down, 100/up. What's a data cap?

>France
>SFR
In my country the ISP are in charge of putting the infrastructures for the fibre, and sadly it's sfr. They are like 5 years late and it's coming only this year.
No data cap, it's 35€, unlimited phone calls too.

Finland
DNA
"Free" (included in rent)
10/1Mpbs

My nigger. Where you at?

30$
100 mbps
500 gigs a month/ 1mbps after that

India

>At home
>Brazil
>15Mbps
>like 25 dollars
I have a shit one though because my apartment is a hassle atm to pass more cabling
>Also for the phone:
>20GB/mo
>2000 minutes
>13 dollars

>sweden, campus
100/100
incl. in rent

50$ a month, 3Mbps down; 0,5Mbps up.
No other provider options.
Feels bad man.

i'm sorry, user

$59AUD
100mbps down/40mbps up
No data cap

>stephen universe tumblr crap
sweden YES!

Origin of post?

Germany

50/10 for 40EUR a month.
It's ok. No data caps or anything, connection is stable.

You both have data caps at around 500gb where aggressive QoS throttling starts.

Bulgaria

Blazing fast speeds for spare change

But I miss the 90s and 2000s where every commieblock had its own pirate provider on the top floor. Now it's all bought up and centralized

Bosnia and Herzegovina. Better options exist in city but I live in rural area.

stephen galaxy*

American.

Our internet is a laughing stock and no one is doing anything about it. Send help.

Germany.

Internet here is fucking pathetic in general. Pay 20 EUR for 16Mbps, get only 9Mbps because the infrastructure is hot garbage. No data caps.

DL: 7,5mb
UL: 1mb
Cap: none
US$20/mo
It doesn't record user info, tho.
Brazil

Telekom
Germany
fucking jews I swear to god
40€/month (including router and shit) for 50k
no data caps (yet)

o2 on my phone
LTE
25€
1,5gb cap
they are even jewier than the Telekom I guess

There're only two ISPs in my area, one's full jew and the other is ADSL that works half the time and never delivers the speed you pay for.

Here are some options from my local ISP:

$45/mo for 1.5down/0.38up
$53/mo for 5down/0.64up
$80/mo for 25down/2up

Unlimited bandwidth DSL.

Thanks Canada.

>Telia/Sonera
Pretty okay, I do not really call them for help so I would not know about that part.
0 dollars a month, because its a housing company deal, no data caps, 80-95 or so dl, 8-13 or so for up.

They have seem fair enough over the years, though I know that the housing complex has fiber coming into it, and we have not have had a renovation to fix the copper that moves it from the hub to individual homes, so speeds cap around VDSL2

Vodafone / Germany
2.2 Down / 1.5 Up

32 € / month

Also Netzclub SIM
0 € a month for 100 MB but unlimited slowloading
works fine wit h 2006 umts