Laptop hard drive failure

>laptop hard drive failure
>thankfully, that project you were working on last night and your other irreplaceable files were backed up in the cloud

*DEEP SIGH*

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(TV_series)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Apple pls leave

not having mac problem solved

>laptop
>hard drive

But Apple doesn't ship with hard drives anymore. Only Windows & Linux PCs do now.

>laptop hard drive failure
Linux doesn't have this problem.

How? It's a hardware issue. I don't think any OS can survive that.

>the cloud
>somebody else's computer

What? They ship with SSD's at least right? You gotta have SOME storage on your local machine.

Linux is magical like that. It can run on broken hardware.

broken os for broken hardware

People who keep proper backups don't have this problem.

The storage is actually soldered into the motherboard.

Yeah it just corrupts the filesystem before hardware failure can even come into play :^)

So what do you do if motherboard dies?

back up to Dropbox and Google Drive with cryptomator are awesome

You get it replaced by Apple. You're buying a product from a company that actually has a legitimate support branch and not some shit you threw together yourself made from parts from brands with shit warranties and support.

Get a load of this Sonic
*shits on ground*

>your other irreplaceable files

Just say "nudie pics" and stop pretending.

Sorry, I don't know how to communicate in memes and pop culture references. Can you please articulate your thoughts in a manner that someone not dedicated to 24/7 shitposting can understand?

So either your data is lost forever, or you have to trust Botnet Incorporated to recover it for you?

You sound like a lame ass saturday cartoon villain.

But it's ok if you want to be mad about it.

Interesting. I really can't even remember what those villains are like but since you're probably a teenager our experiences differ anyway.

>he doesn't have backups

Are you that retarded? Seriously, you just hope you can recover your data when your storage dies? That's your plan? That's not even an anti-Apple viewpoint you have. That's just plain stupid regardless of what OS you use.

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(TV_series)
>93
Ok, keep on being mad then.

Regardless of whether you keep backups or not, having a non-removable HDD is stupid. Even if you do have a contingency plan, there's literally no benefit to having the HDD integrated into the motherboard.

>there's literally no benefit to having the HDD integrated into the motherboard.

Speed?

>phone poster

Also, I don't remember anything on that shitty show where someone took a shit in front of Sonic and I'm not seeing the Robotnik correlation. I guess using your words like an adult is too difficult for some people.

It's not a HDD. You also haven't explained why it's stupid but rather than it just has no benefit.

Negligible compared to the actual speed of the drive.

We have PCI-Express-based M.2 drives for that. And there's only so much speed you can realistically make use of on a consumer-oriented computer.

>Speed?
Probably not. It's all likely to be going via the pcie bus anyway.

>The storage is actually soldered into the motherboard.

>turn their personal computer into nothing more than a glorified tablet with keyboard attached
>people still buy this garbage

>It's not a HDD. You also haven't explained why it's stupid but rather than it just has no benefit.
Well there is a benefit to having a removable HDD - if the motherboard dies or the boot sector gets corrupted you can read the HDD by hooking up to another computer. Removing a benefit, without producing another benefit in exchange, IS stupid, by definition.

What's wrong with that? It allows for a higher form of portability for everyone.

>defends apple
>disregards phoneposters
Look, it's ok to be mad, but your opinion automatically cancelled itself with your post. Just walk away.

If you care so much about ``le portability", just use a tablet.

Stop being such a sperg faggot and use your search engine

>trusting the cloud

Once again it's not a HDD. Jesus how are you this stupid? You're so stupid you don't even know the definition of stupid as demonstrated by your last sentence. Removing a benefit just makes it neutral anyway. You don't consider at all what was gained (speed, battery life, form factor is kept smaller, etc.)

>speed
It's a regular NVMe SSD, just soldered to the board
>battery life
See above
>form factor is kept smaller
There are smaller, thinner and lighter laptops with m.2 NVMe SSDs, which are removable.

#JustAppleThings

Those are just regular netbook-sized RAM sticks that are being sold as Microsoft Surface Pro-specific RAM

Apple has actual Apple-RAM

>higher form of portability
yes it's so easy to throw it in your bag and take it to the Apple store when it breaks you fucking idiot

>apple-ram
no you fucking fool, they are regular SODIMM modules except the sticker has an Apple logo on it. They will work in anything, and anything will work in a Mac.

0/10

Jesus fuck this board is so clueless. Why does nobody here know anything about even consumer tech? Some of you have knowledge from 2010.

>Those are just regular netbook-sized ram sticks
Can you read? Those are laptop SSDs, idiot.

There's actually some truth to this. When Windows shits the bed over bad sectors and won't boot, reinstall, or do anything... I can at least fire up a Linux LiveCD and use the dd utility. Also my routine for failed disks is to run one pass of /dev/urandom and one pass of /dev/zero before taking the hammer to it.

>FBI comes to your door
>you activate your thermite switch, emp, and run away
>thankfully, that spoopy project you were working on last night and your other spooky irreplaceable files were backed up in the terrorist tracking system
>*DEEP SIGH BY FBI AND INNOCENT AMERICAN PEOPLE ESPECIALLY WOMEN AND CHILDREN*

Are you not aware laptops have hard drives or something? Do you think laptops are magic?

We are also aware of things called "Solid State Drives."

Top kek