Just installed arch while watching konosuba season 2

just installed arch while watching konosuba season 2
what have you been up to today Sup Forums?

Celebrating easter with my family like every other non moslem

Got MK8 DLC working in Cemu. Still runs like shit outside of time trials.

>redditfetch

nice, how well does cemu work in general?

thanks janny for gassing desktop autists

playing wow all day while testing fedora in a vm

oh no it's reddit? gotta uninstall immediately :^)

put noobunto on an old laptop after learning some powershell stuff this morning.

A lot less shit that I remember.

you're new aren't you

tfw janny is sad because he doesnt have anyone to be with even though its a holiday

Not him, but I also post that every time someone talks about it here, even though I use it myself :^)

Im installing gentoo rn. Will report back and say how it went.

nothing says amerifat quite like celebrating the resurrection of jesus christ using a fertility tradition hijacked to be turned into a candy eating day.

>deleting all the good posts
>for free

nice cant wait to read your blog

>not using a tradition hijacked to be turned into a candy eating day to gather with the people you care about and celebrate

stop being such a toxic faggot
I am not even american

jannie delet this one too

i think i figured out whats going on
the jannie used up all his 15 minutes blocks for today hahaha
he litteraly cant block any1 anymore everyone post whatever they want now

pls post cute nails

just installed Arch in a vm. what a hunk of shit. zero advantage to typing all that shit out... and once it's up and running, CONGRATULATIONS you have selected the only distro that is incapable of running in a VM without installing a bunch of extra bullshit!

manjaro > arch for this reason

0/10 will delete

Pacman -Syu

>unironically running linux in a vm

uhh someone help i think ive been hacked my posts keep disappearing

MK8 is boring without netplay anyway.

triggering autists by being autistic

ate easter eggs
played everquest
watched some anime ep3s
chatted to my sister on the phone
arranged to sort a friend of my grandfathers pc out
watched some Dr Who

not a very exciting day, but not a bad one

and i stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilll haven't fouuuuuuuuuund what i'm looking foooooooooooor

Still barely beta quality. I imagine in a year it will require significantly less hardware. Especially with dat patreon bux.

Installed macOS Sierra and Windows 10 on my PC

Both are OK, Windows 10 is amazing when you debloat it.

You gotta admit that RAM usage is pretty low considering its KDE

Other than that i agree with you, even arch based distros are more polished than vanilla arch,
However, pacman is cancer.

God, I wanna build a hackintosh.

Installed Debian. Dotfile installation was a little rough and not having wifi by default sucked, but Openbox is up and running now.

Why dont you do it? it just takes time and a spare pc.

>americans
>celebrating easter
????

I really like Manjaro, but I doubt I will ever install a non ubuntu or mint distro on metal. I have been tinkering with DE's primarily. I sound saltier about arch than I actually am there because i had to fuck around for 45 minutes to get it to work in my native resolution

I installed arch too but mine looks like ugly, buggy shit and I'm considering just going back to Windows 7 because of how shitty everything is. Is it so hard to have a high quality video player working within an hour of the fucking install?

sudo pacman -S mpv

Have you considered that the problem may be you, not the OS?
It's literally just copy pasting a few lines from the wiki for installing xorg and a wm/de
and
sudo pacman -S mpv (plus additionally a copy pasted config from /mpv/ or where ever, for >muh placebo)
Literally takes half an hour maximum INCLUDING installing the entire OS.

Have you considered that I found the installation process easy because it was literally just copy-pasting and now that I'm trying to build a working system I'm realizing how shit it is? Or that I just want to watch videos for a few hours to distract myself from the fact that I'm going to spend the next fucking week setting things up before I can even use my computer the way I want to despite being a casual user with very reasonable needs? I can't use mpv until I fix the godawful screen tearing, I can't fix the godawful screen tearing until I spend an hour following stackexchange questions and wiki pages, etc

No, you're just an idiot. You can google every-thing you need in matter of a few seconds.
Arch is targeted to advanced linux users, not for babbies that have no idea what an compositor is.
Just install ubuntu and a DE that includes everything for you, but don't blame your inability to google stuff on the OS.

I wish I wasn't aware of what a compositor is because it would mean I had a working, capable system, lmao.
>You can google every-thing you need in matter of a few seconds.
Yes, googling things is quick. Finding actual answers and solutions to the questions you have takes much, much longer.

Nuked Ubuntu and installed latest Windows 10 i hate gnome 3 so much that I'm abandoning Linux

>implying that everyone else is a christard

Man every time I see that Arch symbol I always imagine a fat dude on the low part, fucking memes

I don't know what you expected.
You can choose between a system that installs everything for you and babysits you, or a system that you handpicked every part of software for your specific needs.
It's obvious that the one that does everything for you is faster to set up than the other one (without proper knowledge of WHAT pieces of software you want/need, at least).

>You can choose between a system that installs everything for you and babysits you
This does not describe any distributions. They are quite literally all garbage for what I want compared to Windows 7, and on every single one I've tried I've had to spend just as much time fucking around, googling fixes, and asking questions on Sup Forums as I have with Arch.

>despite being a casual user with very reasonable needs?
Tell me, what are your needs then? Because if you install Ubuntu in LITERALLY default config, you have a working web browser, music player, video player, open office and whatever else any casual could think of.

>doing something while watching something meme
Take your ritalin.

op here
things are getting somewhat tidy
need more urxvt colors though Ada syntaxing isnt really great with the few I have

- Japanese keyboard / fonts
- No screen tearing
- High-quality video playback that doesn't require fucking CLI

>tfw probably going to do the same

linux is just so fucking bad, every distro has a fatal flaw that will piss me off enough to want to install something else and the cycle never ends

Oh, and the unreasonable demand of being able to access files from my external hard drives, save files to them, and edit files on them

Linux is shit at everything, even server-side processing, the one thing it's supposed to do best.

Nothing Linux can offer compares to active directory. And don't tell me Samba + ldap plugins as a workaround. Fuck that.

I seriously have no idea how why that wouldn't work 2bh. Ubuntu shouldn't have tearing, because it comes with a compositor pre-installed (maybe have to enable vsync somewhere, if it doesn't work out of the box?). Fonts definately work, maybe need to install a japanese font before that though (should be one command from the terminal). Japanese keyboard should work, don't know if that would need an additional program though, never needed that. Video playback is literally just installing MPV/VLC, or whatever the fuck you want to.
But 2bh I have no idea why you think CLI is literally the devil, because it literally lets you install programs by it's name without opening a fucking webpage, downloading a fucking installer and than run through a process that may even install malware like the ask-toolbar or something additionally.
It's more convinient than any alternative and people just hate it because "it's what hackers use" or some shit reason like that.

You should be able to get everything you need with regular Ubuntu if I'm not mistaken, just mark Japanese support during installation. Have you given Vine Linux a try? I've never used it myself but it sounds like it might fit your needs.

Japanese keyboards are shit on Linux, admittedly, but screen tearing shouldn't be a problem, and Baka-mplayer is great for not using CLI. Git gud.

Compile LibreOffice.

Okay, I've calmed down a bit and installed compton. The screen tearing issue is much better, although I haven't tried a video yet. I've previously used baka-mplayer but I was under the impression that mpv was the preferable option. I don't mind CLI, it's just an annoyance for a low-level user. I was able to add Japanese keyboards through the settings manager in xfce, and files in my file manager that have japanese names all show up fine. The only problem now is that they don't show up at all in Firefox and that my drives are mounting themselves when I plug them in but all the files are read-only.

No thanks

> Using software written in java

lol

browser?

firefox

but how was it riced like that?

1. Install the stylish addon
2. Get a minimalistic css
3. Apply your own colorscheme
4. ???
5. Profit