I've always wanted to live in Japan, why or why not is this a good idea?

I've always wanted to live in Japan, why or why not is this a good idea?

I've always loved your cities and your wacky culture.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d2FGgYp6mdk
youtube.com/watch?v=TBfWKmRFTjM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you know japanese?

youtube.com/watch?v=d2FGgYp6mdk

youtube.com/watch?v=TBfWKmRFTjM

most Japanese people cannot speak English
are you OK?

I've learned a little bit. The basics hello goodbye and whatnot. Though I am a little rusty on those nowadays. I would certainly brush up if given the opportunity to visit.
Yeah I'm cool with that, above all languages, Japanese is really the only one I specifically want to learn. Also, I always wondered this about Japan, why is there English mixed in sometimes? Like mid sentence one word will be in English then the rest is Japanese. Like, I bought a pack of Nintendo brand Hanafuda cards and despite the entire box and instructions being Japanese, every instance of Nintendo and a few other words is in English characters. That's just one example.

I hope I never become Davido.

I'm not even a weeaboo. I like exactly one anime/manga, and that's Attack on Titan.

t. Ken-sama

>Also, I always wondered this about Japan, why is there English mixed in sometimes?
Loanwords. Every language has them, but they stand out in Japanese since they're usually English and sound completely different from the rest of the language.
Imagine if someone spoke an English sentence like normal and then tried to pronounce a Chinese name. It's the same thing.
English isn't the only language they borrow from though, for example the word for part time job アルバイト (arubaito) comes from the German word arbeit.

>Like, I bought a pack of Nintendo brand Hanafuda cards and despite the entire box and instructions being Japanese, every instance of Nintendo and a few other words is in English characters.
Sometimes (and this pretty much just depends on the person writing, but still) it's easier to put a straight-up English word in there than try to transcribe it with katakana. That's especially common if there's no real translation for it.
One example that comes to mind is I watched a Japanese TAS (tool-assisted speedrun, video game-related) and every now and then the words speedrun, TAS, and any% popped up between all the kanji and hiragana and such. You could write it as トィーエイーエッス (I think) but in this case it makes more sense to just write it as TAS.

t. not a Japanese speaker but know a thing or two about the language

That makes sense. But it's still weird that Nintendo is written in English letters considering its a completely Japanese company, and was around since the 1800's, long before they had English customers.

Even their whole sign outside their offices when they were just a hanafuda card company is entirely in english

it isnt even wacky, its just fucking normal and generic. if you lived here for awhile, youd get bored of all of them and everything would start to look fucking dull.
and if you are a nerd, youd get to know how nerds here get hate.

My best guess is that Nintendo is just more recognizable thanks to the roman alphabet they use for their logo. I mean, there's no Japanese logo that says 任天堂 instead.
A lot of Japanese companies do the same thing; they write their name in English.

I just meant wacky relative to the United States. I know it's nothing spectacular. I wouldn't fanboy over it but I would be happy to see some things that are only in Japan.

Watch some videos on youtube about living in Japan. It's really good.

>wacky
omg our culture is not wacky.
we're a great proud of our own culture.
why are you guys always tauting us...

He meant it as a compliment.

To reiterate, I simply mean wacky in comparison to the United States. And as says, I mean wacky in a good way. Your country is cooler than mine imo

Yeah, loanwords.
Just like the Jews planned, the whole world gets Americanized and we all have to know English even if we never leave our country.

so, this is the feel what you call "cringes"?

I know how you feel. The only language I don't want to learn is Spanish, and ironically because everything in America has to be in Spanish too, it's the one language I know best other than obviously my native English. That's how much they cram Spanish down our throats here, I never even wanted to learn it and I could probably talk to someone who only knows Spanish. I hate it. And don't fret about the Jews making everybody learn English, I'm of German descent and I'm happy that on the list of languages I know best right under English and Spanish is German.

>wacky culture

You dumbfuck, japanese culture nowadays is completely different that what your anime makes it out to be. Its extremely dull and boring because they spend more than half their day working. They literally have no culture anymore. They still follow some traditional family stuff such as marriage, etc... but thats about it.

Most of the japanese population hates the "Nerd" Japanese that are into anime and video games.

>13 years old
>graduate middle school
>Go to private school lottery meeting
>Lottery goes on
>I get picked
>End of meeting
>Staff asks public if any parents have questions
>One guy raises his hand
>"What languages do you teach at this high school?"
>"Well sir we teach spanish, russian and french"
>Guy immediately gets up with his kid and walks out
>Everyone else's face: in Awe

I almost felt bad for that kid....

GET IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING SKULLS

FOR THE FIFTH GODDAMN TIME I'M NOT A FUCKING WEEABOO. I DON'T EVEN LIKE ANIME EXCEPT FOR ONE SHOW THAT DOESNT EVEN TAKE PLACE IN JAPAN.

I know it's not a fucking wonderland. I don't want to go for stupid anime con waifu bullshit. I want to see the buildings and the mountains, and the nature, and I want to eat some candy and food thats hard to get ahold of in America. Also I'd like to see some Japan exclusive things like Universal Studios Japan, The Pokemon HQ, and the Nintendo Store.

Fucking dumbshit twats, just because someone wants to go to Japan doesn't mean they're a fucking weeaboo geek.

>I'm not a weeaboo
>Your country is cooler than mine imo

Definition of weeaboo:
>someone who is obsessed with manga, anime, and Japanese video games.

I'm none of those things. Liking Japan is not the same as being a weeaboo you fucking retard.

There's a big ass fucking line between "liking Japan" and thinking that "your country is cooler than [yours], Dabido.

I like THE COUNTRY. The way it looks, the way people act, the history. I DON'T give a fuck about anime. Weeaboos go there for the Anime, I want to go there because I like everything else.

If I did go there for some extended period of time, I'm still going to be wrapped up in the American shit I'm already into. For example, I know imma get btfo for this, but I'm a pony guy. That's my shit, MLP. Not anime. And you can bet your ass the whole time I'd be in Japan I'd be wearing my pony shirts and buying pony shit.

>EXCEPT FOR ONE SHOW THAT DOESNT EVEN TAKE PLACE IN JAPAN.

It's Jojo's Bizarre Adventure isn't it

Nope. Attack On Titan

Oh, you're a fucking pleb then

Seriously, you only like one anime and it's THAT travesty? I hope you succeed in going to Japan just so we dont have to share the same country.

>chooses an anime where the only jap character is completely superior to every other character

You're real fuckin dense buddy. Maybe part of the reason that's the only one I like is because it's the least anime-ish out of all the other shows.

Referring back to the first four million times I said it, I ain't a weeaboo and I don't give a single fuck about anime.

>it's the least anime-ish out of all the other shows

You must have seen a total of 5 animes in your life then. If I told someone to recommend me a "not anime-ish" anime and they said Attack on Titan, I would tell them to go fuck themself because that shit is a storm of cliches. And the fact that you're denying being a weeb so vehemently is saying something, the way I see it, you dont even have to be obsessed with animu to be a weeb, being obsessed with Jap culture in general is enough.

>I like is because it's the least anime-ish out of all the other shows.

literally how.
I'd give that title to stuff like GiTS or Bebop, SnK is just as ridiculous as Bleach with the same amount of edge.

Hi

I've seen a lot of different anime because of my friends. I don't hate anime just none of it ever caught my attention like AoT did. All the other Animes are all fantasy and magic and kung fu or like space travel or being a pirate or being a demon. The only other anime I've seen that wasnt that way was One Piece and that show annoys me more than entertains. AoT seemed like a somewhat realistic storyline to me. A virus that turns people into giants and makes them basically zombies, and normal people have to fight and research to get their world back.

and actually thinking back on it now, I did like space dandy but that was a one season wonder.

Hi

You can admit that you only like it because it's popular. It's no different from any other anime, it just happened to be too popular for it's own good.

Cause none of the reasons you've given are coherent with your 'it's not like other anime' thesis. People who don't like anime usually tend to like SnK only because it's the one of the new big names, like One, Bleach and Naruto used to be.

Just remember that anime is a medium not a genre.

>because it's the least anime-ish out of all the other shows
Aint that the one with the boy who has a book and kills anyone if he writes their name in the book? He has a demon that follows him and that demon is the only "anime" in that anime, as far as I can remember

Death Note is really good

WHITO PIGGU GO HOMO

Go away, Brazil. We're talking about the superior show.

Well actually the thing that got me into AoT was the fan game someone made. Killing giants with grapple hooks and swords was really fun, then about a year later AoT started airing on my favorite channel, Adult Swim. Putting a story to my favorite game only made me get into it more.

And I know I sound like an incoherent retard, I'm a bit drunk and trying to pretend I'm not.

I really don't know how to put it, there's just something about Attack on Titan that the others don't have that makes me like it.

Don't you think you're overestimating the absurdity of their culture? I'd have to imagine that the culture is not quite as whacky as you think. In the event that the opposite is true, then every culture is both whacky and uniform, simultaneously.

Well yeah. Every country is different and unique, I like Japan's differences.

>Bashing weeaboos for liking anime
>A fucking brony

Never bashed weeaboos. Just trying to state I'm not one and everyone else is insisting they know me better than I do.

And if you read my other posts you'd know I have weeaboo friends

>like anime and manga but not to an obsessive degree
>want to visit japan someday just to see what it's like firsthand
>friends all call me a weeb and give me shit for it

being alive is awful

>Not knowing Cowboy Bebop or FLCL

The basics are not enough if you want to properly fit in. I had very basic Spanish when I first moved to Spain and even when people made big efforts to invite me to parties and that I ended up always being in the English speaking bubbles. It takes ages to meet girls as they spend most of the conversation saying "what" even if they do smile and try to be patient with you and many people will not know any English at all even if they seem cool. I imagine Japan will be ten times worse. Do not go unless you have a decent grasp of the language or are happy living in an expat bubble.

I read your posts I know you're a douche

>brony

Gaijin visiting family here. Stay the fuck out of Japan.

I actually do know Cowboy Bepop, not sure if I know the one you acronymed.

Fooly Cooly

Yeah I don't know that one.

Because the criteria is Europe . and our great culture is different from their own. so, they are thinking ours is wacky.

>t.weaboo

If I pass some examinations I will go study my undergrad on a full ride, does that count as a weeaboo?

Before you go and ruin your life I would suggest first trying to:
1) live by yourself successfully
2)try doing your simple day to do tasks using only public transport in an Asian themed town.
3) ride a bike