Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/
youtube.com/watch?v=Oj-dBNE1yQ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Zen+ and Vega will fix it.

AYYMD REBRANDEON HOUSEFIRES

-this didn't need it's own thread
-the rx 580 is seemingly just an overclocked 480 with better power delivery
-buying just to support competition between multinational companies is just a drop in the bucket. You aren't saving the world by throwing yourself on the sword to have a product you aren't satisfied with.
-kill yourself

Are they seriously showing off that their brand new card beats a previous gen midrange card?

Even if you can't get enough of Asian Mom and her crew, the time to buy a Polaris was last year.

Vega will clearly be a better product than any RX 480/580 part, but it's not exactly a competitively timed release, and nobody knows the price or actual perf yet.

wait for it

You don't need more than 1080p and playing anything but doom and ashes goy. AMD knows best.

yeap
You know why?
Because this quarter nvidia sold more gtx970 than amd sold rx480
ignorance of consumers and inertia of the initial boom
amd marketing department needs to fight that

Yeah they'll win me as a consumer with their retarded commie shit and literally logo trailer rolled by king poojeet himself instead of showing me some specific vega info.

Because gtx970 in first quarter of 2017 wins you over?
you are not target audience you low iq mexican

you're fucking retarded holy shit
kill yourself

>$500 card
>midranged
PC gaming ladies and gentlemen.

Why AMD can't compete?

>literally says $329 at launch
Dumb frogposter

>i7 went for super sale a while back
>cheaper than 1700X in leafbux
I wanted to do a ryzen build but the i7 went on sale. Goyim here AMA

>60 fps
>magical cutoff on the graph like it means snooth gameplay
Holy fuck

Making GPUs is hard. Even Intel gave up on discrete GPUs.

Do you honestly think that makes it any better?

For most plebs 60fps is the magic cutoff

yes because you can find them now for $150

30 fps is better right? Less blurry.

Yes, they're trying to entice older generation card users to upgrade. You're not going to get someone buying non-enthusiast cards to upgrade annually so you need to target older generation card users. Annual upgrades are for enthusiasts only, that's where you compare your previous product stack.

Yes goy, 1 fps is best, less blurry after all.

because these are mid range to low end cards, and if you are in the market for a 580, you have a low end or old card you are looking to upgrade.

despite what nvidias marketing and retarded prices tell you, the 1070 and 1080 where high end cards,

they can, they did, and everyone bought nvidia no matter how much better amd was.

we are lucky they still bother to put anything out at all.

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/ this is why.

>he thinks the launch price was actually how much it costed

Seems like a stupid comparison
a 970 vs 580

Meanwhile for like a few more bucks (~$50) you can get a gtx 1070
and we all know how the gtx 1070 mops the floor with the 970 and I feel like at their price point it will make little sense to buy a 580

>Meanwhile Pascal literally fucking explodes on stream

>LITERALLY FUCKING EXPLODES ON STREAM

Real benchmarks from a Chinese person.

youtube.com/watch?v=Oj-dBNE1yQ4

>The RX 580 will be good, r-r-right?
Why are you stuttering? Still using stutterlake?

>poojeet is triggered

>stuttering just like the 7700k

M-m-m-maybe we need moar herdz

Why are people comparing the 580 to things like the 1080ti? Thats obviously not its place in the market, its just meant to help bring down the price of the mid range cards more while increasing performance the largest portion of the market (about $200 to spend on a card) more than the 480, competition is good for the consumer, even if all they compete with is the $200 range, that means that nvidia has to make their flagship slap the absolute shit out of $200 cards for people to consider it.
But we still haven't seen Vega performance with our own eyes yet, thats the 1080ti competitor, with essentially hacked drivers it was running at 1080 performance, we should expect a good uplift from the drivers alone because it was just, what, 380x drivers or something running an entirely new arch?

>60+ fps """""smooth gaming"""""
>i7

Thanks for the laugh.

They're just butthurt AMD isn't saving them from Nvidia gouging the market with I-have-a-monopoly-fuck-you prices. Same with Intel and their 6+ core wallet annihilators.

I would never consider an Intel CPU for gayming, they really need to fix their retarded stuttering housefires.

>gtx 970

So they aren't even waiting for release to tell us the benchmarks were complete bullshit?

That's what Vega is supposed to do for Nvidia. AMD is in a position where they're supposed to be keeping two industry giants in check at the same time despite being undervalued, underfunded and having shit marketshare. And both of them are known for playing dirty if they can get away with it. If I were Lisa Su I'd be waking up with a gun in my mouth every morning.

people think 970s outperform the 480 so when someone cant afford a 1060 they get a 970

the 480 is more than enough for just about anybody on 1080p, which is what, 98% of the gaming market? the 580 is supposed to be even better, and I assume for generally the same price the 480 launched at, "enthusiasts" make up such a small part of the market

so is vega ever coming out or

If 480 prices drop i might get one of those, or just go with the 580 if they drop the price a little.

is there any AMD offering worth upgrading to from the air cooled fury?

I dont know if its real or not

Doesn't even really matter considering how shit Nvidia's vulkan/ dx12 performance is.

The Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 5 aren't bad cpu's
but these cpu's do fail on gaming :/
oh and I seriously hate RX400 series
the hype killed it.

>buy bitcoin miner's r9 290 for $150 3 years ago
>overclock it to 1120mhz/1520mhz
>it's still basically AMD's fastest card in 2017

No regrets desu