Give me a single reason you don't use KDE Mint for your everyday use, it's simple, relatively lightweight...

Give me a single reason you don't use KDE Mint for your everyday use, it's simple, relatively lightweight, and doesn't add unnessesary layers of difficulty for everyday tasks

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu-1704-desks&num=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because I think all the DEs suck and want to make my own

Because Mint is not Arch and KDE is not Gnome

Already using Kubuntu. Tell me why should I switch?

I installed Kubuntu on my laptop, barely used it, and after a few days it would freeze a couple of seconds after logging in. I thus installed Ubuntu GNOME, which I now also regret … Lubuntu next, I suppose.

Because I like MATE and it consumes half the resources. Also, Mint is garbage. I use Debian.

Because I use KDE Neon to always have the latest stable version of Plasma
The difference in performance between different desktop environments on modern hardware is negligible
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu-1704-desks&num=1

It's a clusterfuck, way too much bloat and poorly organised too.

I have a laptop with an external display. The laptop's display is 1366x768, while the external display is 1280x1024. Ubuntu Unity works well with multiple monitors. KDE's panel on the other hand gives me annoyances.

I can't clone the panel to another monitor, I have to create a new panel from scratch for every other monitor and configure the settings for every panel widget to match when I want to change the settings. If I rearrange the display settings, one panel can actually extend into another screen when it shouldn't.

If I log out, the logout prompt ALWAYS pops up on the wrong monitor (the external monitor instead of the laptop monitor that I have set as primary), and even worse, the logout screen is 1366 pixels wide so it extends past the external monitor and bleeds into my laptop's display. Apparently it renders the logout screen to fit my laptop screen, but puts it on the WRONG display.

Have you tried providing feedback to the KDE devs? Complaining here isn't going to do anything.

You clearly haven't used KDE for a while.

>not using KDE neon or arch for latest KDE releases

enjoy ur bugs, kde don't give a fuck n he ain't waiting

KDE is buggy as shit and the least lightweight of the common DEs

You are an oxymoron. KDE is actually one of the lightest DEs.

Check any comparison.

I'm currently running KDE, which I enjoy-- however I would prefer to run bspwm instead of kwin... any recommendations on the best way to config this? I am new to ricing :/

thanks in advance.

>KDE
>simple

ayy

I used KDE for a month, but it comes with too many programs and the themes are ugly. MATE is more customizable, looks better, comes with fewer programs, etc. I use openSUSE because YAST is awesome, it uses btrfs and lets you roll back changes to the root file system, rolling release, and the fact that it's built for enterprise.

because why use ubuntu with KDE when you can use a shitty ubuntu with cinnamon with KDE

I'm using XFCE, don't see a reason to switch.

There are several reasons:
1. GUI crashes... Crashes everytime in the settings menu!
2. Slow. Window resizing is very laggy even on my i5 4690k and gtx 1080 (compared to openbox). I can play games at 4k resolution on highest settings at 60 fps, so why should a window that is resized lag?
3. Hidpi is not properly supported. Fonts look blurry, really horrible because they are not properly scaled in Qt applications (especially default KDE applications) when scaling display.

a lot of the kernel devs feel the same way. Reading their profiles, i was stunned by how little they change their platforms. If it aint broken dont fix it. Most kernel developers are running relics. Fedora 16, muttmail, Joe editor.

Antegros KDE arch base is better for dev work

Because it's Linux. The kernel is shit.

Because I like openSUSE for KDE over *buntu.

Why? I like my DE not crashing daily.

this desu

because there is gnome and XFCE

KDE is okay, but something about it feels off. MATE, XFCE, and Cinnamon are the only DEs that feel 'genuine', for lack of a better word.

Xfce master race reporting

>Falling for the Arch Meme
>Falling for the GNOME Meme

If you can be completely honest with me, please tell me if that was bait or not.

I personally find it fun to use i3 even though it's not worth it.

You are wrong on all accounts.
The system settings consists of a lot of separate tools and if you made them crash, you either manually compiled the individual parts in a way that would break the system or you are complaining about the transition period from 4 to 5.
The only way you can make rezising slow if you turn on a bunch of effects and then uninstall the graphics drivers so KDE cannot do hardware acceleration.
That aide, KDE is generally faster than any DE for most tasks.
The only areas where it is slow is at startup (because they insist on showing a splash screen by default even though you could use the computer while it "starting") and shutdown (if you use the recommended method instead of poweroff)
KDE has the best high DPI support, if you don't think that is adequate, then moving to something else is equally if not more painful.

I use awesome window manager and can say the same thing really. Got my own keybinds and layouts bound to each tag so it works how I like it

>KDE mint
Because that would be retarded. If you want KDE then KDE Neon or openSUSE should be the only options. Mint devs are idiots, they should focus exclusively on cinnamon instead of wasting time with compiling an OS+DE combination less than a hundred people use.

>started using XFCE and haven't had a single reason to switch

putting files on the desktop is impossible

I thought they stopped making KDE Mint

untu

The fact KDE is so underrated is blowing me away.
This DE is not only the best looking, but also the most configurable and has a complete set of high quality software.

If Canonical decided to switch it's default DE to KDE, it would be FINALLY able to compete with Windows and MacOS. Gnome and Unity treat their users like complete retards, hiding configuration options and forcing it's own desktop usage paradigms.

This

Because I'm using Solus.

Why not just install KDE on a distro that's not debian trash?

pic related

usability =/= bloat
also, you can turn almost everything off, and uninstall apps you don't use.

Stagnancy is why GNU/Linux will never have pretty things.

FPBP

You're aware that you're comparing GNOME to the ancient version of KDE Dolphin, right?
This is beyond stupid.
Also good luck customizing your Mac-tier file browser applet.

People hate KDE, because you can rice it without a single line of code - that's a fact!

Yes, we know dolphin is way better than nautilus.

kek

>I don't use KDE because Dolphin is highly customizable and has a lot of features

Because I have no reason to switch from Arch and KDE