What does Sup Forums do with their old tech when you no longer use it?

What does Sup Forums do with their old tech when you no longer use it?

I do one of two things.

Sell it on ebay or give it to my mum.

sits on a shelf for a decade before I throw it away

I throw it in a corner in my backyard.

future archaeologists will be amazed!

Dump it innawoods

Old desktops turn to servers and old servers give away or sell cheap, old laptops give away or sell cheap.

I usually just put it in my closet or give it to a friend.

If it's broken, I harvest it for parts and recycle it.

But I also actively hunt for cool vintage gear to work on and collect.

Put in closet in hope it will be useful again someday.

Turned old pc into personal cloud/NAS

Turned old cellphone into bedside table alarm/clock/radio.

I cant say ive ever gotten rid of much of my old stuff constructively.
My first PC was killed by water, my current PC ive had for a decade.
I even buy old shit for refurbishing as a hobby.
Ive got half a dozen pre-lenovo thinkpads lying around

Target practice

1. Sell it
2. Throw it out
3. Give it away

In that order.

Sometimes sell, sometimes give away. Sometimes keep as a spare (it is good to have a spare phone and a spare laptop, so no need to miss out on work or play if my main devices break)

Throw away if it is broken or otherwise totally worthless and useless.

i feel bad tossing some stuff that still works but is obviously either not going to resell or it would be a pain to restore

When i moved i tossed my R52 and R30, i dont know if anyone remembers "the snowpad" in the thinkpad threads from this recent winter, where i painted the R52 body panels white.
Like, it was cool and all, but in the end it was a 1.7ghz pentium M and 512mb of ram running linux mint. The battery lasted like 2 hours and after painting it and such nobody was going to buy it on ebay, it would cost more to ship.
So it got tossed with the R30, which still worked but the ancient hard drive was dying and i never got around to installing the correct drivers for windows 2000, again not worth much and not old enough to appeal to hipsters.

Tossed computer cases, old parts, spare batteries, a bunch of shit

Say to myself that i am going to sell it but in reality keep it in my closet

Yeah, I always try to find someone to give the stuff to before tossing it, if it is in some way good and usable. I don't bother with shit like old computer speakers.

I can usually find someone by shouting about it on IRC channels and stuff.

See if I can scavenge it for parts or make a file server if it's not completely broken. Else shelve it

sell it

if i replace it with similar stuff i usually give it away or sell it
if i have some emotional attachment it usually stays in some drawer for a decade, or gets lost somehow.

sell it or find another way to use it in a limited capacity.

this stuff.

My old phones turn into mp3 players for my cars. Old desktops turn into servers or learning spaces for stuff like Free/Net/OpenBSD.