Is the front-lit screen with the extra $25 or is it something that I'll never use?

Is the front-lit screen with the extra $25 or is it something that I'll never use?

>TFW no Android, chink-tier, E-ink reader on the market for less than $50.

Other urls found in this thread:

mailboxmonday.wordpress.com/2012/10/10/kindle-paperwhite-love-it-returning-it/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You will end up using it all the time in bed, completely ruining your sleep schedule with the blast of blue light every night at bed time.

You think the future/next version will have a warm colored light?

Warm light is better than blue light, but any light is much much worse than no light.

Think back to the Game Boy Advance user, and you will make the right choice

I ended up going for a 'backlit' ereader exclusively to read with the lights off but I find it's really quite nice to just keep on at a consistent 10% ish brightness because it just adds that much consistency to the display even when it's fairly bright out, of course it won't be necessary if you're reading outside or something but when you're indoors or in some shade it can make a lot of difference without really feeling like there's a 'backlight'

of course since eink screens are about on par as books it's completely optional, do you just want a book type experience? you won't need the backlight, but if you ever want to read where there's not going to be a lot of light then it's probably worth it

Is it me or the e-reader market is really limited in Europe

It's either PocketBook trash, or Kindle. Other brands are highly questionable.

Lots of folks from this site say the light causes headaches. Just get the regular version. Or use the light only when necessary.

mailboxmonday.wordpress.com/2012/10/10/kindle-paperwhite-love-it-returning-it/

Around here you can only really find Kobos nowadays. Some places also sell Kindles, but usually the selection of Kindles is even worse.

-Europoor

Well would you ever want to read in dim light conditions?

I used to have a frontlit e-reader but it broke and I went back to my Kindle keyboard, I'm not really missing the light except sometimes in the bus during the winter. Even if you have the light, it is much nicer to read in well lit conditions.

I have the Kobo Aura One (229 euros). It has a great front light. You can make it warmer with a slider. I use 5% light and around 30-40% warm light which makes the screen look closer to sepia than white.
My old Paperwhite 3 had a slightly blue front light. It didn't bother me that much, but now that I have the KA1 I've noticed I can read for hours on end without getting a headache.

avoid amazon

try onyxboox, pretty cool, runs android, has wifi and bluetooth

I can get Kobo H20, but that thing is over 200 bucks.

>tfw europoor

you will use it every single day
kobos have warm light

Light is not for bed reading, dumb normies. It is to resemble paper more accurately, which grayish basic e-ink fails at.

backlit

This is also true.
But still, they advertise it as being able to read in bed without turning on a light while your partner is sleeping next to you.

I just bought a refurbished kobo glo for €69 a couple days ago, and, to my surprise, I ended up using the backlight at 1% while reading in my room at all times. It helps alot and is also a tad warmer than the kindle's, which is a big plus imo.

Meanwhile, at my house...

You can't compete with my tactile dual-screen.

>tfw live in the suburbs and drive to work
>tfw you'll never wake up at 5 am to catch bus and spend 45 minutes in cool, dark box full of strangers reading tales of adventure, mystery and suspense

i rather drive and listen to the audiobook

if you can use a computer monitor/laptop, phone, or tablet, without getting a headache then you can use a backlit ereader

it might not be ideal reading in a dark room with a lit ereader but if the brightness is reasonable (sub 10%) it's not the worse thing you can do

here's where you're wrong