Luggables are back!

Luggables are back!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fzmm87oVQ6c
bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html?content=http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/bike/urban/2015/g310r/g310r_overview.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One of the more tryhard and disgusting idea I've seen

I'm guessing these are targeted to people who attend LAN parties?

>me lugging my luggable over to me m8s

No it's targeted to people suffering of the down syndrome

And the battery probably lasts 10 minutes

>luggables

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

shieeeeeeet

>all that empty space of the side
>2 usb ports

>watching LinuxCuckTipps

thats 1 port too many

>thicc laptop
>good keyboard with full-size layout
>no dGPU
>no gaymer rice (LEDs, styling...)

why does nobody make this?

>Full HD
>SLI 1080s

What

For business travelers who just throw their laptops in with their luggage and not a carry-on and need the extra power for some reason? I'm sure there is a niche market for it somewhere.

You literally just described a large portion of Thinkpads...

memepads should have keyboards like that

worth every penny

>Switch
>Amiibo
>Southpark
You're exactly the kind of retard I can imagine buying one of these things.

sup

Thinkpad

They fucked up the keyboard beginning with the -30 models though. Went from seven-row to six-row, jammed all the function keys together, started using shittier switches.

I bet that the Thinkpad also has a smaller battery than that Macbook.
The engineering in modern Thinkpads is fucking atrocious.

BLACKED

Death by snu snu!

Just checked.
X260 - 27Wh built-in + optional extra cell
Macbook - 42Wh built-in

It's targeted towards children with upper middle class parents.

But that's a W530 with a 94Wh battery.

Alienware 15 is even better.
Same size as the W530, but a bit thinner with an Overclockable Quad Core i7, GTX 1070 and room for 3 SSDs and a Hard Drive Bay. 99Wh battery, good for 11 hours with Nvidia Optimus enabled.
Runs decently cool for a laptop with 67ºC temps on load, while the W530 hits 91ºC.

How can white laptops even compete

enjoy your sli 1080s with your 1080p screen (you) fucking memers

>1080p60

This.

You're not wrong but it's still one of the best laptop keyboards.

the thinkpads distant cousin

Well he did buy a Nintendo Switch.....

I keked until I fucking cried you bastard.

unfortunately

im surprised there hasnt been any effort to rerofit the old keyboards on the new thinkpads with some sort of 3d printed such and such

>SLI 1080's
>Ten Eighty Pee Sixty
JUST

>$6000 freedom dollars

Can someone tell me what the fuck constitutes this price? I get it, twin 1080s, kaby lake i7, but isn't it all just the same components in the desktop laid out in a way that won't fucking set the thing on fire? Why are they charging the cost of a fucking used convertible?

truth

delete yourself

Not sure if I should feel disgusted that you exist or sad that your probably will some day breed.

>laughter stops

Which is more fun?

>playing video games on a laptop that are 90% identical in experience to playing them on a console

or
>buying a plane ticket to Japan
>getting a hotel room for a couple of weeks
>traveling around Tokyo
>visiting arcades
>visiting soaplands
>eating at some nice restaurants
>building memories to last a lifetime

But you don't even need that, my x230 accept the keyboard from the x220

I'm just OK with its one, I'm almost as fast as with a good tier desktop keyboard, and it has an English layout while I'm Italian (some keys are mislabeled)

Well, Japan is a nuclear wasteland now, so you have your answer.

ok let's not give him too much credit

>business travelers

>be business traveler
>attend meeting
>"go to slide 12 in powerpoint please"
>pft bitch please I'm a business traveler
>fire up Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands (tm) on max settings
>load 200db funfire
>lighting effects fill up room
>crack knuckles
>start pwning noobs
>fans start spinning
>everyone looking at me
>can't hear people telling me to get out over the fans
>fired

stop acting like a dumbass, you're bringing the site down

>Expecting any quality on Sup Forums
To be young and new.

You mean 2 ports too many

That would be the only semi reasonable reason but the real target market is young teenagers with wealthy parents to buy them stupid things.

Think of the kids who have somewhat wealthy parents who are divorced

Going from moms to dads house every other weekend, basically living at your friends houses when you we with the parent you hated.
Youd gladly lug this thing around if you could somehow actually acquire it

Ah, hell. Those were my teenage years. I brought a DS instead though, why would I want to carry that shit around.

Gotta maximize the 15 minute battery life.

Surely they also bring along their Macbooks to look like a normie during meetings. Then they go back to their hotel room and fire up their gaymes.

>im surprised there hasnt been any effort to rerofit the old keyboards on the new thinkpads
youtube.com/watch?v=Fzmm87oVQ6c
tltw: guy replaced the x230 keyboard with an x220 one

And people give Razer shit for their design choices and price points.

Lol kek

semi portable desktop costs as much as a brand new bmw motorcycle.
>16:9 1080p display
bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html?content=http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/bike/urban/2015/g310r/g310r_overview.html

I think its great.

I want to switch into consulting where I would be living 4/7 days of a week in a hotel.

Plugging this shit in since most hotels have a/v ports and playing some vidya or watching anime is fine.

Imagine if you bought this and Pascal came out right after?

What is a Thinkpad P61? Google has nothing.

you are a businessman, you are on planes almost more often then you are on the ground, you live at your home less then 2 months year and would sell the place if not for the fact you bought it as an investment more so then to live at.

What you want to do is sit down at your computer and play a game when not working but, being on the road for 9+ months of the year makes it impossible to do with a traditional desktop.

and there you go, your target market.

Or lets also go people who need a laptop but only have money for one computer so they cant have a desktop on the side

or people who genuinely want a desktop replacement.

I mean lets be honest these fucking things are retarded for their cost and part choices at this point, but I remember I looking at one of these desktop replacement class laptops a few years back and thinking, damn, that actually costs less then desktops with the same specs.

For 700 less you can get this

lets see here
5 years of enjoyment

1-2 weeks max in a racist hellhole where no one fucking wants you, signs are in windows telling you to fuck off we don't want your kind round here, in one of the most expensive cities...

real tough call... how about we compromise with this

But a desktop, + build an arcade emulation cabinet and invite a friend over to co op snes emulated area 88 on it wile getting drunk.

you get a work laptop and you bring a personal one along with you as any personal shit done on the work provided is either used against you or grounds to be fired.

lol true

Essentially, because they can.

>Or lets also go people who need a laptop but only have money for one computer so they cant have a desktop on the side
>but only have money for one computer

Hold up there...
>4700 USD
That's
>Four
>Thousand
>And
>Seven
>Hundred
>US Dollars

How many high-end desktops can you buy for this amount of money, again ?
Or how many high-end desktops as well as ultrabooks to have on the side ?

Something like this would be awesome if you just put it aside and hooked it up to a mouse/keyboard/headphones/monitor at home, and then you can take it out of town wherever you want to. All you'd need is access to some peripherals.

Now, I'm not saying its the most elegant solution, but it beats lugging around a PC that is running SLI

XPS 13 with i5 and 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD is 999$

Alienware Aurora with GTX 1080, i7 7700K, 16GB RAM, 1,599$

So, ultrameme book and a gaymer desktop is around 2,599$ versus the 4,000$ laptop. Tack on an extra 600$ or so if you wanted the desktop to match the laptop's 1080 SLI

tru slayyyyyy

Obviously a niche product targeted for videogame obsessed children who dream about attending LAN parties like their father used to.
Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to ditch the keyboard, ditch touchpad, batteries and make it a self-contained PC unit with a screen attached and a carrying handle?

You obviously need a desk to use it.
You obviously won't be able to use it in battery powered mode.

So pick something with a formfactor of those dell rugged in pic related
Stuff it with gaymer hardware and plop some gaymer aesthetics (clearly a selling point of these devices).

Without the keyboard and touchpad you can allow yourself a case with unified thickness across it.
Without the batteries you have space to integrate the PSU inside of it.
Intake vents on the side, exhaust vents on the top because now you have shitload of space freed by the keyboard/mouse.

And now every manchildren can pick a mouse he likes (like you'd game without it anyway) and the preferred keyboard.

If I were on the market for something like this I'd much more prefer what I just decribed than what gaymer laptops offer where I (and probably many people) will end up not using half the shit included in it.

>sli 1080's
>1080p 60Hz ips
What the fuck

Why are these a thing again. They're a terrible concept. Where's a workstation sized laptop with a Pentium g4560 and an rx460?
Imagine a G40 but with modern desktop parts in it.

Or people who travel a lot
I used to work in my old man's company and I would live at extended stay hotels for weeks-months at a time

MY SIDES

I wasn't running out of reasons to hate gaymurs why the fuck did this need to be invented?

People do the opposite, they put newer guts in old Thinkpad shells

$750 will get you an X60 with a i7-5600u, Intel HD 5500 and 1400x1050 IPS under the hood

>300 FPS with microstuttering and driver issues on a screen with a lower pixel density than a Chromebook
Why. Just do a GTX 1080 with a 1440p screen, and enable overclocking on the CPU/GPU.
Or do something like a Razer Valkerye with 3 foldout 1080p screens if you want to go full POWER MODE

>hurr why is it only 1080p
For futureproofing, duh. Five years from now SLI 1080s won't be able to run new games in 4k.

>not using a 144hz monitor at lan
Shig