Huh

huh

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2015/12/17/firefox-users-can-now-watch-netflix-html5-video-on-windows/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>And then there's the browser: 4K streaming only works in Microsoft Edge, because it's the only browser that supports PlayReady DRM

It keeps getting better

>Kaby Lake
>Windows 10
>Edge

The trifecta of botnet holy shit.

I love proprietary software!

The human eye can't even see 2k, gtfo with all this shit.

freekeks OFTB

>human
never gonna make it

>watching movies on a computer

>supporting a company that will keep pestering you to resubscribe yet doesn't bother to save a few kilobytes of data like your watch list when you finally come back

>On-die DRM features
Kikery intensifies.

How is this a real article? People have been streaming 4k Netflix stuff well before Kaby Lake was even available.

I'd rather just watch it 4k on my android tv anyway.

Good, the faster 4K dies the better.

In this case, it's proprietary hardware (DRM)!

my htpc is a computer
it plays movies

No, they haven't.

Just another reason to avoid these companies.

Good thing pirated 4K movies work on any CPU and OS
Seriously why the fuck do these retards think that more DRM will help them?

Why the need for Kaby tho?

>it's real
Never liked Netflix streaming that much anyway but damn this is stupid as fuck hahaha

proprietary DRM obv

MORE NEGATIVE RINGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

when will Intel get BTFO'd for some serious security flaw that can't be fixed by gimping their CPUs in to a slower code path with microcode?

this negative ring security bullshit needs to stop.

System management mode was a mistake.

Technically Nvidia 1000 series GPU supports the codec but it's not enabled on those for some reason

It has a sub processor that is unacessable by the user that Netflix will have the decryption key in (Or something like that)

neo intel signed code execution in protected memory spaces that your kernel doesn't even control because fuck you and your god.

what, you think your os isn't run in some super wasteful hypervisor that intel could connect to and watch what you're doing?

stupid goy

So does AMD's 400 series, but neither support the special hardware DRM, so no 4K Netflix, or 4K Bluray.

>hardware-based DRM

I pretty much stopped pirating movies and tv shows because it became more convenient to just pay for it.

I guess I'm going back to piracy.

It's amazing how much damage Netflix has done to the web and how much people still love them. EME is sure to become a standard and people are losing control over the technology they use.

brb gonna go cry about net neutrality, because heaven forbid these faggots pay for their band width usage

>complains about Netflix 4k streaming being restricted
>has a 720p $400 Thinkpad

>Paying $400 for a Thinkpad

Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

More like trifecta of greatness and the pinnacle of modern computing

2006 changed everything

Netflix was pro-net neutrality when they were the underdog. They may not be anymore.

Was a reply to

of course they were pro-NN, they don't wanna pick up the tab for consuming the majority of the bandwidth during peak hours

>not ripping off the screen and duct taping a 32" 8k monitor powered by a mobile generator to your Thinkpad

>netflix
>streaming

only faggots will care about this

They didn't consume bandwidth, their customers did. And their customers are already paying the ISPs.

>usually wait for episodes to come out in full seasons
>wait for movies to come out on disc so I can find UHD/4K rips
>pirate a lot of stuff for archiving anyway
wow, its (almost) fucking nothing

give and take. The more 4k becomes the norm, the more data prioritization will be needed

This shit is temporary. Netflix cares about two things. Money and creating shitty content. As soon as M$ stops paying them the wall will fall.

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2015/12/17/firefox-users-can-now-watch-netflix-html5-video-on-windows/ - They give a fuck about freedom, but more about how many fucking PIs will suddenly be replacing cable TV.

>pirated 4K movies

Except proper ones don't exist.

4K Bluray DRM hasn't been cracked. Any 4K piratable shit you're seeing is either some shitty streaming service running a bitrate that is lower than a 1080p bluray, or it's a stream capture which is re-encoded to being with and worthless.

No jewing here it seriously has nothing to do with proprietary software or muh netflix jew streaming is CPU based, to make it GPU based would cause unknown issues (because nobody has tried it and doesn't want to risk it)

It is 100% about DRM, retard.

4K media (Netflix streams, blurays, etc) use a new form of AACS encryption which stores the decryption key inside the management engine of the CPU. This management engine is both encryptred itself and completely inaccessible to the user.

The reason they did this is because the standard Bluray AACS got cracked incredibly fast due to storing the AACS decryption key in memory, which was easily accessed by the user and their DRM died instantly.

This is why 4K Blurays still haven't been cracked, you can't get at the AACS key on any existing hardware, it's out of reach until something (probably a set top bluray player) ends up having a security flaw that someone can exploit.

Why do you americans need netflix?

What about a Skylake i7 6500u cpu?

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded kike loving fucking faggot sack of ugly nigger shit with down syndrome.

Why doesnt just capturing the screen output and audio output work?

stop giving them money if all they do is fuck you

When you're not in a constant state of fearing Mehmet and his truck brigade, you have time to watch movies and relax.

I said noyhing about DRM, I was refuting the "muh intel jew" side of the argument

Kaby lake has DRM modules in it which the 4K media uses.
Any CPU can run the 4K if they took the DRM off it. But you know, companies, DRM, and intel lining the pockets of various executives.

No, any CPU can not use the 4k, gotta have a decoder

If you can watch it, you can rip it.
Simple as that, all DRM measures are ineffective against "analog loophole".

We have yet again witnessed something stupid that gimps users with no tangible benefit.

Any CPU can. If they'd be fast enough without a dedicated decoder is another question.

>If you can watch it, you can rip it.
>Simple as that

No, it's not as simple as that. You're not ripping shit, the best you can do is intercept the video over the output, which is NOT ripping, it's recording a stream, which does nothing but add a quality destroying re-encode to the video.

There is absolutely zero 4K bluray rips that are 100% disc quality rips.

Doesn't even need to be an analogue loophole- At once stage or another in digital displays, information is sent to the LCD screen itself and you could intercept that if you really wanted.
Course you'd need to compress it again so it'd be lossy copying but still.

There are no disk accurate 4K blurays rips. You have a serious misunderstanding of how encoded bit streams work. You can record the video playback, killing the quality.

Go and try to find a single playable 4K bluray disc dump.

Wouldn't a direct 4k blue ray rip be enormous? How do people share them?
user is still right though that this doesn't impact pirates much since majority of pirates clearly aren't quality obsessed and will watch YIFY etc.

There has never been a single terrorist attack in my country. Not just this year, literally never ever.

Yeah, Sweden bragged the same thing 2 weeks before the truck happened.

This thread is about netflix not 4K blurays...

Sweden has an advantage that there are no westerners to target in the cities there.

>Android TV on baby ARM cell phone processor can run 4K fine.

>PC requires latest Intel(R) architecture, DX12, Windows 10 with cortana enabled, Microsoft Edge browser (the fastest browser around, according to Windows 10 popup OS ad). Facial recognition will confirm that you pay for 4k per user.

How fucked are we?

Bonus points for having 99.8% european country with 0.02% being vietnamese and north koreans. Unless they're planning on poisoning their shitty restaurants I doubt we will ever have any attack

I've watched 4K streams on netflix since 2015 on Devils Canyon and a high end GPU, I don't get this. I'm also using a botnet high end TV, I didn't go back on netflix recently but 4K has always worked and it was def 4K with HDR.

Must be the connection, HDCP 2.2 compliant to the TV decoder. Never used the TV app store, just updated

I don't know. The 4k download of Better Call Saul is like 120gb and is damn fucking amazing quality.

Why do they bother with encryption since all forms eventually get cracked, and then it's like there is nothing there at all to stop anyone till the end of time

Tremendous amounts of content were stolen and restoring a traditional paid model is big bux

I understand you are a purist, but a single re-encode isn't going to be the end of the world.
Ideally you are looking at marginally larger filesize for the same quality, or slightly less quality at the same filesize.

Modern codecs are pretty good at keeping what we notice perfect while lossily losing data where it's hard to see a difference.
A re-encoded 4k video is going to look better than a pure DVD or BluRay rip.

Xbox One S also allows 4k Netflix, but only the S for now until Project Scorpio is released

DRM isn't encryption.
If it was, you'd not be able to see the content at all.

DRM is control. It's the magical land of trying to prevent the user from seeing what they're seeing, while letting them see it.

The same reason we bother to outlaw drugs and crime. Because it slows down crime and puts the law on your side if you wish to charge violators.
Security is a game of cat and mouse. No side wins, it's just a constant struggle.

My internet bandwidth can't even handle 4k video so nothing of importance is lost.

Also i have a 1080p monitor

4K streaming is "only" 15Mbps, 25 to be safe but you def can stream at 15

This
The market that would actually do this is so small there is no way it is profitable
Most people still have 1080p monitors or TVs, most people already have a shit internet connection thats just enough to stream 1080p, and Kabylake is brand new, so it won't be used by the average consumer for several years, which only gives more time for it to be cracked

>using a thinkpad

You can't outlaw crime, dipshit.

Get a load of this mad shill

Die in a fire you moron

The content delivery model is optimized to enhance security as priority, besides the bandwidth and equipment bottlenecks. As tech grows towards 5k, 8K and beyond only 1080p will be the old school pirated content and will be the new black and white movies

It can barely handle 720p

I was feeling bad about pirating all the TV shows I watch but not anymore. Fuck this shitty DRM, what's stopping anyone with a capture card and obs from ripping them?

Prod houses probably have a dedicated task force targeting specifically 4K and the measures taken are solid, also the demand and immediate need is too low to gage the actual effort in it, 3D chess

>what's stopping anyone with a capture card and obs from ripping them?
Nothing.
Except you'd have to re-encode the video, losing some quality.
Not a significant amount though.

Perhaps hidden watermarks, though I have never heard of anyone getting in trouble with Netflix.
Probably because everyone just subscribes.

This is the future YOU chose.

This is a blatant shitposting but seriously, who has a monitor big enough to actually benefit from Netflix at 4K. You will literally see no difference in a 27 inches monitor while sitting at your bed. Unless, of course, you're autistic and watch movies sitting right in front of your computer.

At 4K a tiny loss in quality will be unnoticeable. So who is kiking who now? Is it intel with their botnet drm CPU? Microsoft with their botnet browser? Or Netflix for sucking both their dicks?

Either way none of the above companies are getting any of my money in the foreseeable future.

I was going to sign up to Netflix but I don't want to support drm also the pirate streaming platforms are pretty damn good.

This is also an issue, the ideal screen size for 4k is 43 inches and you'd need to sit around a meter away so implying 4K even caters to the desktop market, then screens need to be bigger, at the same time need a 120hz refresh rate

If you didn't use rationalization so much and if price weren't an issue, you would just buy a tv for movies and a 120hz screen and just hook up the tv and watch in ycbcr444 with quantum hdr memes

so... how does this affect my Solarmovie watching?

If you're gonna get a TV to watch Netflix, you might as well buy a smart TV and skip the PC altogether. I tried to buy a non-smart TV like 3 months back and it was really hard to find one above 32 inches.

Netflix is basically being held hostage by the people who own the shit they are streaming. Either they get catered to or people can't watch their shit

streaming netflix from my PC connected to an offline botnet smart TV

But seriously netflix can be overrated because the content is just lacking compared to the wealth of options you have on unconventional methods, I use smooth project and use more my screen for 60fps

Currently 4K is really amazing when you get it but it's more like an oasis in the desert

Yes you can.

I wouldn't trust the Netflix service embedded into manufacturer hardware, I know at least for Sony it sucks big fucking time because they route the traffic through their network so they can see everything you're watching. This isn't a problem until Sony's shitty servers go down and suddenly you can't watch Netflix even while Netflix servers are running fine.

>DRM isn't encryption.
Well, most DRM uses encryption to some degree (trusted key signing to prevent unauthorized execution on devices, etc.)

Acctual blueray rips are highly impractical anyways. Fuck having to store 80GB .isos.

A good quality reencode is fine and much higher quality than any 1080p crap.

Step into the 21st century, user. These days a 1TB HDD is small.