>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread: >59914046

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/product/Hhkb-mechanical-keyboard-kit-anode-aluminum-cnc-custom-cherry-shaft-with-light/2230037_32719978752.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm retarded.
Previous thread:

hopefully soon I will buy a new case, and keycaps for this thing

but keyboard shit is so expensive

also in

I wish my Gateron master race switches would get here already

tfw no ortholinear bucking spring 60% with spherical thick pbt caps

what keyboard was this again? I remember someone linking it before, but I forgot.

Why is there no space bar?

Pawn 35 iirc

it's programmable (id hope)

30G NIZ (plum?) topre clone just arrived from china. First capacitive board and it is holyfuckingballs levels of smooth compared to cherry reds. This is easily the best keyboard I've ever used bar none.

G20 blanks arriving some time this week, just departed city two hours from my place. Will post pics when they arrive. Can't recommend capacitive switches enough after getting this.

I've got a Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro, still working like it's new from 1999, complete with a 2-USB internal hub I still use.

Is there a decent

Anyone used a Happy Hacking Keyboard?

Tempted to pull the trigger on this for home:
aliexpress.com/store/product/Hhkb-mechanical-keyboard-kit-anode-aluminum-cnc-custom-cherry-shaft-with-light/2230037_32719978752.html

Have a Filco Majetouch 2 in the office with Cherry Browns, cannot understand anyone going for Blues

Topre feels like rubber dome to me

> US
> Cherry Brown
> ANSI
> 100% can have side macro line
> RGB each key or none
> None mechanical

Would prefer keys that aren't too smooth.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

tfw no ortholinear bucking spring 60% with spherical thick pbt caps

Im after a small keyboard, like meme tier 40% or something
Is a planck a good choice or should I get something else?

Get a gherkin

What shall I do with my old Majestouch 2 with Blues? I've never done any DIY shit with mechs, but I want to.

Good mechanical keyboard under 50$?
:^)

memeforce68

Does anyone know any way I could buy a Maxkey Ashen Set still? I missed the deadline on the GB, but they are made in china so I'm hoping they are like the Tai Hao sets and available from multiple sources.

Skip it and buy the Matt30 thing

Should i buy the g810 or masterkeys pro l?

Pro L is newer and has more features.

Anyone have a name for the keyboard in the OP?

Seems to be the KMAC LE with some taihao keycaps

The layout is rare and this one I found here has a similar layout.

i was debating getting in on that or a set of DSA Quartz caps from pimp my keyboard...

October shipping is a bitch, but people on Massdrop are saying it's not Signature Plastics so it'll probably be before that...

realistically, how long will i have to wait?

>it'll probably be before that
That's wishful thinking. October is when it will ship if there aren't any delays, and there always are.

fuggg. thanks though

btw, what's /mkg/'s opinion on WASD boards? was looking at the 87 key barebones

babby's first mechanical...

Has anyone gotten their XDA milestone yet?

qisan magicforce with the knockoff brown switches
typing on one right now

Hey lads, I'm a programmer looking to get a nice mechanical keyboard. Any recommendations?

>Budget
80$ canadian
>Location (continent at least)
Canada
>Preferred switch type
No preference
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
No
>Previous/current keyboards
Generic shit tier keyboard I got for free from an office that was closing down.

reminder browns are fucking garbage and blue is the best switch

>blues
weird way of saying greens

Their keyboards are good, but pass on their keycaps

I'm looking at getting a 96 key layout, best I can tell is I have to spend a ton of money or get some chink shit. ZZ96 is $250-$300 and GB only, guy doesn't seem to be running another one anytime soon. RS96 is the chink shit, thought I can't find it on Ali anyways. Duck Lightsaver is $600-$700 and also super hard to find.

How do I get my hands on one?

yeah, seems that way- i wanted something spherical anyway... first choice would be SA, but those are apparently super rare for whatever reason

that's why the matt3o drop caught my eye- looks like a similar profile

>greens
Weird way of saying buckling spring

SA is not rare, but it IS bad.

SA is appealing. It looks so nice. Thicc, doubleshot, hi-profile chunks of plastic? Sounds great, doesn't it? I'm sure it does.

Problem is, they feel awful. They're tall, too tall. Switching between rows feels wrong, it makes you hate typing on a mechanical keyboard. They don't feel right, and they can really make the mech experience feel bad.

Don't do it kid

Yer mum dunt feel rite fagit

thats not blue

>thicc pbt
>double shot
>fully compatible with noppoo choc mini
>$29 shipped
thanks based KBDfans

they're superior blues

How different would you guys say a Model M buckling spring switch is to that of a cherry brown switch?

yeah, in the end i'll probably get some DSAs or whatever as a compromise...

as an aside good sources for caps i might be missing? other than massdrop and pmk...

>as a compromise

It's not a compromise when they feel better

Plum makes a 96 key keyboard, but it looks like shit. Maybe try an 1800 layout instead since those are cheaper and readily available

Extreme different. All Cherry style switch bottom out feels about 1000x times better than a model M, but cherry browns aren't tactile at all, and buckling springs are fairly tactile

>doesn't offer split backspace

for shame

Cherry browns really do feel like reds with sand in them, while buckling springs are very tactile and responsive

I know thekey.company was coming out with an 1800 soon, maybe I'll check it out.

Although, I really just don't want/like/need all the extra stuff on an 1800.

Oh well, I'll look

Leopold ones come with a few keys off and a more standard numpad layout. Plus you can get them with topres

AMJ96 group buy soon, guy's hoping to sneak it in before Duck fucks everything up with the Lightsaver V3

but i dont like any of the switches it comes in

:////

Let me guess you want clears or greens. If thats the case then you can order RS96 kits from chyna so you can build one yourself.

damn that looks good

I like the springs, sad thing is that it is insane to order them around the world.
Blues have the benefit of actually being available.
>inb4 fleamarket bin searching

I just bought a €29 keyboard form aliexpress.

No backlight because I didn't ever use it on my last keyboard

>clicky shit

cancer.

>OEM profile

it's cherry profile you pleb

They're the same thing

""""""""implying""""""""

Not him, but stop misusing the quotes. Clearly you have to use meme arrows, muy

"OEM" just means someone tried and failed to clone Cherry profile

Where can I get a what is the best cherry style switch for someone who like clicky alps switches?

Blues or greens

What to make when assdrop ships to you early?
The GB was only scheduled to arrive at assdrop HQ in 3 weeks time but I've already got a shipping notice :O
Really makes your synapses fire.

MX Greens, not gateron greens

They usually get some completed samples in early and if they're all good they'll send them to a few lucky people

>live in Finland
>pay €130 for a 60% Ducky original
>it dies just after the warranty expires

FUCK

Is the $29 Aliexpress keyboard my only ISO enter option now?

Approximately how much longer will my penis become if I change my default cable for a braided one?

What's a solid Mechanical keyboard for ~£100?
One that has a spacebar similar to pic related, so key switched each side (not a long metal bar like on the filco).
Right now I'm using a g80 3000 and it looks old and a bit out of date

Ah that makes sense. Thankyouverymuch.

Sold my pok3r with clears and bought a minila with blacks.

Getting very tempted to buy another pok3r with clears again.

Should i?

And what decent keyboard is that's that's iso-gb and supports a full set of keycap, can't be arsed memorising which fn modifier does what.

>Blue
I like my Gateron blacks and clears.

Miami blanks for alps when

I'll pay anything

Contact signature plastics, they can give you a quote, just don't expect it to be cheap

*sigh* I know, once I have money that's my plan. I know I said I'll pay anything, but I'm not looking forward to seeing what a custom order from sp looks like

lovely keycap set, where to buy?

try doing a group buy, though I doubt there's enough interest for that.

doesn't SP already sell DSA blanks for alps already though? You could get some and dye them yourself.

Plan on getting a tkl ducky 1 but not sure if I should get the cherry blues or whites.
only other mechanical keyboard i have is a cherry black shine 6

I looked into dying, it only works on PBT and I couldn't find anything that wasn't abs or black/dark grey.

What I am looking for is:

Around 100 € (without tax and shipping)
Germany, yes.
Brown or Clear
Dont' care about ISO or ANSI
100%, but condensed (like Leopold FC980)
Backlight
Currently Noppoo Choc Mini (brown), but chinkshit shows its age, it's been at least four years now and I start to miss the numpad.

My question is: Does such a keyboard exist?

I can't find any good info, is the GMK oblivion GB actually up right now? Or is it awaiting something regarding the supplier?

Take this (You) as payment in advance.

what is /mkg/ waiting for in the mail?
>mfw my miami keycaps just shipped

>Budget: $100-150
>Location: Burger Land
>Preferred switch type: Browns, this will be my first "real" mechanical keyboard. Want it for both gaming and typing, so I feel brown is a good choice. If I can change switches, that would be a plus too.
>Layout: ANSI
>Form factor: 100%
>Backlight: only if I can disable it. Trying to get away from the flashy gamer garbage
>Previous/current keyboards: Flashy Blue light fake "mechanical" keyboard. Got it for $30, has done me well, but I want something less flashy for school.

AULA F2012 on aliexpress

Got VA68M in the mail currently. Boring cherry blue, but had heard sketchy things about Varmilo and Gateron boards.

tfw no ortholinear buckling spring 60% with spherical thick pbt caps

fuck off

you fuck off you autistic little cunt go kill yourself

>"shoo-wee can't wait to get some recommendations on a new keyboard"
>see this

Is this what normally happens in these threads?

fuck off

Why not just have domicle key caps. Then none of the edge hit problems you experience with standard keycaps would be a problem. A little more domicle than pic related but obviously not as much width and not as much length. Would this solution not make the best of every profile option?

>ortholinear
biggest meme

>t. staggercuck
enjoy cucking your fingers and your rsi

Is it easy to swap the key caps on a magicforce 68 or do the keys have different sizes than most of the custom key caps?