Other urls found in this thread:

kmcomputer.de/shopware.php?sViewport=detail&sArticle=25394
techspot.com/review/1114-vram-comparison-test/page5.html
techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/RX_580_Nitro_Plus/33.html
techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GTX_1080_Ti_Xtreme_Gaming/33.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

INTEL ON SUICIDE WATCH

blocks 1060's path

yeah but the cost is the real factor here. iirc most if not all 480 8gb can clock to 1350 mhz even with the stock power setup. if you can pick up a 480 8gb for like $170 but then this comes out at like $250 then this is basically a useless purchase. you just need the 480 and can overclock it or spend a little more (but still less than the 580) and get an aftermarket oc version with better cooling.

unless this is $200 for 580 8gb then it's a pointless purchase.

reference probably will be 200
would strictly depend on new cooler performance if reference worth buying or not

the only reason I stayed away from reference is blower cooler

>another rebrand

>most if not all 480 8gb can clock to 1350 mhz
Yes but the xtr 580s are all in the 1425-1450 range ootb, with 1500mhz range being the probable oc limit. 1340 is reference which just might be $200 and still have some oc room thanks to new cooler.

The RX 570 8GiB seems to be the best value as long as it's cheaper than the RX 470 8GiB.

Some shops have them for sale already

kmcomputer.de/shopware.php?sViewport=detail&sArticle=25394

They are a bit overpriced if you ask me.

Shit I just bought a RX 480 couple of weeks ago.

Don't worry the 580 is a rebrand

>2 8 pins

AYYMD REBRANDEON HOUSEFIRES

That's 6+8, you blind retard.

185w TDP ayyyy
>its a 8+6 tho

I just got a GTX 1070 and im happy with it

Try scrolling down, blind faggot

get it? because amd gpu only competes with intels cpu gpu

nvidia is a real gpu.

XDDDDDDDDD epik joke, Pajeet!

What a waste of time - or perhaps not, it probably didn't take that much time to replace the 4 with a 5 on the RX 480 boxes. That's - seriously - the only difference.

If you don't have a GPU or an old GPU then it would make total sense to buy the RX 480 if the prices on those go down due to the RX 580. If the RX 580 is cheaper then that makes sense.

Obviously it makes zero sense to buy any of the 4xx re-branded 5xx cards if you already have a 4xx card.

this.

Don't feel bad. The RX 580 is the same shit in a new box. Just draw a 5 on a piece of paper and tape that over the 4 on your box and you're all up to date.

One of the biggest selling-points for the RX 580 is a "new cooler on the reference card". Not everyone will add new coolers, though, the MSI 480 and 580's, for example, are as good as identical.

AYYMD REBRANDEON HOUSEFIRES

adoredtv unironically defended this shit

he did not though

Where can I buy these stickers?

I have a RX 470 so I'd like the RX 570 sticker.

just a rebrand.

Just a shitty rebrand of a year-old card and it still outperforms its more expensive Nvidia equivalent.

Really makes you think.

Have you watched the video or are you talking out of your ass as usual?

*COUGH scorpio

except he did. he started off about how ati were the first to do rebrands but then went on the how bad apparently nvidia are for copying them and that the 580 rebrand is acceptable if you compare it to what nvidia did in 2002. it was literally a whole damage control fest where he tried to cover up amd's rebrands with what nvidia did 20 years ago. he didn't even mention the rebranded 300 series yet went through the comprehensive history of nvidia's rebrands.

but he's unbiased and the best reviewer amirite?

SOMEBODY CALL NINE ONE ONE
8+8 FOR MIDRANGE PIECE OF SHIT REBRAND

He causes immense frustration to underage Nvidia fangirls like yourself, so he's the best reviewer, yes.

kek

but i own an r9 390 msi gaming 8g back at home

i got it for free but wouldn't pay a penny for it. it's not worth it.

>Implying anyone with a brain watches and takes that poofter seriously

What a dumb goy. He literally says at the end of the video that rebrands slow innovation and ignorant suckers like you keep buying them and promoting this business model.

i'm not buying a 580 like 90% of the people in this thread will though. the people he's marketing to in all his vids are the ones who he is talking about holding the industry back. ironic.

You guys run straight here and make a thread crying about it every time he posts a new video. When that stops happening, I might believe that you've gotten over him, lads.

at least king poojeet decided not to melt pci-e slots this time
he will set your whole house on fire for change

as opposed to all the hate posts against everyone from linus to HUB because they don't call amd the best thing ever?

l m a o

>they don't call amd the best thing ever?
Linus did though. And HU are confirmed Intel shills

>And HU are confirmed Intel shills

who's crying now?

Please point at me at what time in the video he recommends the RX580.

please point at me what time in the video he explicitly says don't buy amd or the rx 580 and talks about anything other than a history lesson on nvidia rebrands.

Crying over what? You fanboys are dumb as bricks.

i.e. how the GPU industry worked for 20 years and will continue to work for the next 20 years.

In less than a year Nvidia is going to rebrand Pascal as 1150, 1160 and 1170.

>all the rebranded amd cards are recognized as the older ones in the new crimson drivers
>shitton of threads about this on the amd forums
>windows 10 freaks out about this because it sees the new drivers as incorrect ones and lets you install them but WON'T let you uninstall them (???) (you literally NEED to use DDU)
>amd's official response is "j-just ignore it"

I swear to god I will never fall for the amd meme again

I'm sorry nvidia, please let me come back

>how the GPU industry worked for 20 years and will continue to work for the next 20 years.
Also applies to the CPU industry.

More like relaunch thread XDDDD

Except every time Nvidia rebranded is because they're dirty jews, like it happened with the GT 260 and the GTS 250/240/8800GTS.

how much are amd paying you? they rebranded a perfectly capable card and charged more money for it despite it having literally 2 fps difference at max in most games even with the higher clocks and ram speeds.

are you going to defend this?

Fastest 480 factory overclock is 1342
580 Aorus XTR is 1439

Having a card that will achieve higher factory clocks than OC model has to be the best rebrand ever.

and here's an example of the minuscule performance differences, in an amd gaming evolved optimized title.

fucking EPIC troll

How much is Nvidia paying you? You know, they also did this, several times.

Are you going to defend this, too?

>troll

haven't checked the forums lately, have you?

>charged more money for it
Stop lying on the internet. it cost exactly the same as the 290x 8GB.

nope. pretty much all their rebrands had a lower cost compared to the original rebrand e.g. 680 > 770 etc. the 680 was $440 when the 770 released and the 770 was $40 cheaper and also faster in general and wasn't a straight rebrand as it had many other features (even adored tv said this).

the 290x was ~$300 when the 390x released and the 390x was over $120 more despite having pretty much no extra features. i don't even think it had DCC. it was a literal rebrand with more ram (which has been factually tested to not even be an advantage for the 3xx series over 2xx series).

JUST RELEASE POLARIS AGAIN

>$120 more despite having pretty much no extra features
>more ram

>ram is free

you could flash a 680 to have the same "features" as the 770. Nvidia literally jewed 680 owners by not enabling all features that were on the chip.

390x cost the same as 290x 8GB, so quit fucking lying.

You are one dedicated shill, aren't you?

the 8gb 290x wasn't $430 when the 390x released. it was only $50 more than the 4gb 290x.

1500+ for +$10 than last years model

still not worth an extra $100

techspot.com/review/1114-vram-comparison-test/page5.html

>As for the 4GB R9 290 vs. 8GB R9 390 comparison, there was nothing to see here. Most games didn’t consume more than 4GBs of VRAM, but there were cases such as in Assassin's Creed Syndicate where with almost 5GBs of memory usage, there was still not a single frame difference. Moreover, in this Assassin's Creed Syndicate example the 290 and 390 were good for just 26fps on average, so clearly the quality settings will need to be reduced for achieving playable performance and consequently memory use will drop.

>The 390 and 390X are really graphics cards we never wanted. At the time of their release the Radeon R9 290 and 290X were exceptional buys. The 290X cost just $330, while today the 390X costs around $100 more for no additional performance and it is no different with the 290 and 390.

>We see plenty of gamers claiming that the 390 and 390X are excellent buys due to their 8GB frame buffer ensuring that they are "future proofed," and well, that simply isn’t the case, as neither GPU has the horsepower to efficiently crunch that much data. Perhaps the only valid argument here is that the larger frame buffer could support Crossfire better, but we haven’t seen any concrete evidence of this yet.

people will still defend this yet criticize any other company who does this. Sup Forums really is amd central.

>make only truthful posts with evidence to back it
>s-shill
>w-why are you n-not calling AMD your l-lord and s-saviour

christ

What evidence? Pulling numbers out of your ass is not considered "evidence".

>purposely ignoring the anandtech price picture

ayy lmao

>8GB frame buffer ensuring that they are "future proofed," and well, that simply isn’t the case
actually it is the case now.

I'm not really expecting miracles on the performance side of things - consider yourselves lucky if the performance jump reaches 10%. I am curious on the other hand, about one slide where AMD claims better power consumption on multimonitor, even if I most probably end up not buying one. That's what made me sell my 280x in favor of a 970.
I always have my pc streaming something on the second monitor (6-7 hours/day), and this scenario is where AMD shits the bed currently. Measured at the wall, I got a whooping 170w consumption on my pc with the 280x, which dropped to much more reasonable 90w for the 970. With our electricity prices, I save roughly 50€/year on the card alone. That's 100€ in 2 years that can go for a better gpu upgrade instead.
If AMD does fix this, I can seriously consider them on my next upgrade.

i don't see anyone with 4gb gpu's struggling to run the latest games. my best friend has a 290x and he can even run shadow of mordor with the 6gb texture setting on his 4gb card with no performance impact or stuttering.

the same goes for the gtx 970 even with its slow partition. 8gb being a necessity is a meme until there is comprehensive evidence that proves any gpu with a lesser amount of vram can't run the latest games properly, or at all.

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

I've ran shadow of mordor on 770 with 6Gb setting
it was terrible compared to running it on my current 390

So this is what the rebrand performance looks like

RX580
RX570=RX480
RX470

More importantly

if it aint broke why should they fix it?

I don't get what's wrong about this

huh? power consumption matters again?
so running i7 at 200W is not okay then? good to know

Anyone still remembers how the MSI was the most silent RX 480? It's the opposite now.

the king is back!

This just in: no they fucking didn't

>weaker older gpu performs worse than a stronger and more modern gpu

wow stop the presses!

noooooooooooooooooooo, I don't want to peel off my msi swag stickers, I just got them on last yerar

They did improve on media playback though, that's half of it done at least

is it even a test? run real renderer god

huh, tw3 60fps barrier finally broken on budget card

before: 3% slower than 1060
now: 5% faster than 1060
how is this bad again?

techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/RX_580_Nitro_Plus/33.html

it seems the 580 is literally just a maxed out 480 since it can't even overclock very far. 4.4% is laughable.

>Rebranded card for the same price as last year's
>Don't even get a free game with it like the 1060
It's DOA.

>nitro

do they really use nitrous oxide in graphic cards?

techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GTX_1080_Ti_Xtreme_Gaming/33.html

>Actual 3D performance gained from overclocking is 3.5%.

NVIDIA BTFO

>No Ubishit game activated through GoyForce Experience
>Outperforms the 1060 across the board
>Still cheaper

The 1060 is dead.

yeah but cmon mate that thing is already overclocked to 2.0 ghz out of the box. the rx 580 is supposed to have overclocked headroom to over 1500 mhz according to people who have been posting about it all week in threads. we already know the current generation of pascal tops out at 2.0ghz.

It could be 50% better in every metric but nvidiots will claim its the wrong colour and therefore a failure

it's nice to have. i watch way more youtube/streams than i play games

>>all the rebranded amd cards are recognized as the older ones in the new crimson drivers
Why wouldn't they be? They are the older ones with a new box and a new sticker and perhaps slightly higher boost-clock...

>ebranded a perfectly capable card and charged more money for
>are you going to defend this?
If the release of the RX580 moves the price of hte RX480 down then yes, I'll defend that as great. If the price of the RX580 is set higher and the RX480 doesn't go down in price so I can buy that for a rig I'm building for a nephew then AMD Fuck You.

>You are one dedicated shill, aren't you?
If I was actually paid to shitpost on a forum then I too would be one amazingly dedicated shill. Sadly, I'm not paid by anyone for doing this so Intel, fuck you. Amd, fuck you. Xiaomi, fuck you. Lenovo, fuck you.

But meanwhile tomsshillware claims both improved, so what gives?