Is there a way to root an android device without using some questionable apps ?

Is there a way to root an android device without using some questionable apps ?

>unlock bootloader
>flash twrp
>flash lineage os
>flash root zip from extras

sudo su
mkdir /mnt/phone
mount -o gid=users,fmask=113,dmask=002 /dev/sda1 /mnt/phone
rm -rf /mnt/phone/

anything noob friendly please

The "questionable apps" being?

kingo root and such

/thread

Typing 3 things in cmd is noob friendly

Those are pretty basic user

first reply is noob friendly, you might just not currently understand some of what it means, but I promise it's actually not hard

>boot into fastboot with phone plugged into your computer
>run command on your computer to unlock bootloader
>from there you can run another command to flash twrp from your computer after downloading it
>next two steps are similar, except you'll boot recovery (twrp now) to flash the last two

Wouldn't that delete everything in my phone

unlocking the bootloader wipes your phone, yeah. typically you want to get this out of the way right when you get a new phone

Do you know how to back shit up? It shouldn't take that long since your phone has what 32 or 64gigs of storage

well shit then any other way ?

If you can't figure this stuff out on your own from just googling or searching xda forums I expect you shouldn't have root and are going to compromise yourself with it.

Let me ask you this. Why are you even trying to root your phone?

>/dev/sda1

Congratulations, probably just nuked OP's hard drive.

I'm new to the android thing. I want to remove some apps that came pre installed in my phone

Then just back up the data you want.

Is there like a step by step guide on how to root ?
I don't want to mess up my phone

You can disable them without root.

It's not the same as uninstalling (they will still take up space, but 100~200 MB shouldn't be such a big deal) but they won't be executed ever and they won't appear in any list or launcher. Plus, it won't void your warranty (unlike unlocking bootloader and flashing a different ROM.)

Android is shit when it comes to updates and root.

i don't care about warranty. some apps can't be disabled so I need to remove them

Just go onto instructables if youncan't figure it out.

I will keep bothering you guys till you help me

Read the sticky

sticky has no rooting section

Install Gentoo.

People already helped you so far. Look what they've suggested up on google and go patiently from there, ala not-retard.
He means the part where it says we're not your technical support team.

You fucking retard, you belong the official pajeet forum. Go to xda-developers.com, go to your phones forum section and you will find everything there. The process differs from phone to phone.

I have a Chinese obscure model

Then go fuck yourself unless its an Xiaomi, noone develops for those. You can try apps like Framaroot if that still exists.

Well what is it?

Magisk, it's open source and better than supersu and others, because it can be hidden from apps that refuse to work on rooted devices.