They said it's the same thing!

They said it's the same thing!
They said refreshes is nothing!
>20% better than the 1060?!
>Better than the Fury X?!
>A $250 card that gets even better 0.1% lows than the $400 1070?
This isn't fair!

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/RX_580_Nitro_Plus/
guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-radeon-rx-580-strix-review,1.html
videocardz.net/amd-radeon-rx-vega
techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/RX_580_Nitro_Plus/28.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>aftermarket 580 can't even beat a stock 1070
>AMDrones still try to spin this as a good thing

holy shit 8 fps less

amd is finished!!!!!!!!!!

no one is marketing it as a 1070 competitor anyways retard

>480 is the 1060 competitor
>somehow the 580 is not a 1070 competitor

It never was intended to be a 1070 competitor, hence the different price class.

It clearly was intended to be a 1070 competitor, but amd can't do anything right and realized it would never win.
So they just lowered the price and told everyone it was never supposed to be a 1070 alternative.

fake and gay

>card a whole tier higher is only 8 fps faster then some midrange shit tier card below it

>implying vega is gonna shove 4096 bit dicks into every port on pascal.

:^)

That 1070 is starting to look like a really shitty buy.
>$100+ more expensive
>~2fps difference in 1440p, which is the point most would actually be looking at going with the 1070
>Can't into DX12 or Vulkan
>Can't into drivers anymore

Price drops incoming? Nvidia suicides coming?

Your bait worked so good. I'm impressed, user.
I actually choked on my own cum a little.

>I actually choked on my own cum a little.
hot

>ignoring 4K
Okay Reslet

DELETE THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>lowering the price is a bad thing
nigga u wut?

>haha why get Polaris, games don't use DX12

>o-oh god... almost every new game is using DX12 or Vulkan
>the 1060 is worse in almost everything, especially at 1440p
>e-even the 1070 is hardly better in many cases

techpowerup review is very weird. I was focusing on the results versus the 980Ti. The new card wins some by a decent margin, loses some by a lot and matches it on some others.
techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/RX_580_Nitro_Plus/

guru3d also had a review that I'd consider above par.
guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-radeon-rx-580-strix-review,1.html

please delet this sir

It's just overclocked retard.
Do yoh people seriously not max out the clock on your videocards the second you buy them? Lmaoing at your lives.
I bet you guys buy the 1800x for the extra 400 mhz too.

matching 980Ti in battlefield.

losing by a good margin.

good thing nobody plays cuckolds creed

show me the fps/$$$ ratio then we'll talk about who won and who lost.

Yeah.
In some cases it is 3% behind the 1060.
In other cases it's almost as high as the 1070.

I never really trusted TPU, though.

It's an updated process, retard. It's about 8-10% more power efficient compared to the average 480.
They're just overclocked even higher than what is efficient.

The RX580 Red Devil is 1439MHz and uses 30watts less than the 1330MHz RX480 Red Devil.

And who really fucking cares about power in the 180-250W range? It's not like a Fermi housefire that was pulling 480W.

SA also got some really weird 99th results in Counter-Strike: GO, Company of Heroes 2, and Total War: Warhammer.

Could this be due to the Ryzen system?

What site is that? I remember a similar colored graph a few days showing the performance of several AM4 motherboards, some were even up to 20% slower than others.

>AMD CPU's are being used to benchmark brand new GPU's
>I can't remember the last time this ever happened

summary vs the 980Ti

1080p losses against the 980Ti some by a lot 25%+ some by as little as 5%
anno 2205
assassin's creed
civ vi
dishonored 2
doom
fallout 4
far cry
ghost recon wildlands
gta v
rotr
shadow warrior
sniper elite
styx
tw warhammer
watch dogs 2

matches
battlefield 1
deus ex
f1 2016
resident evil 7

wins
cod
hitman

This is not ME:A or Windlands! Remove immediately!

We need to bring modded skyrim at 800x600 back into benchmarks Fallout 4 and ARMA aren't enough now!

that's not the point. It's asbout the variance.
It's literally all over the place, perf summaries are kinda pointless since you could very easily skew your final averages any way you'd a lot more effortlessly than usual. Not that this is hard to do, but it's way more prevalent with an standart variation as ridiculous as this.

AMD 500 series is a trash release and served no purpose but to fuck over 480 owners the same way NVIDIA fucked over Titan owners with the ti.

Ryzen 5 was shit.
AMD 500 series is shit.
Vega will probably be shit.

Slaves to NVIDIA and INTEL for the foreseeable future.

i wonder how it would do in modded skyrim. the 480 was apparently mediocre in it

>AMD 500 series is a trash release and served no purpose but to fuck over 480 owners the same way NVIDIA fucked over Titan owners with the ti.
In what way???

This came 10 months later than the 480 and is so near its performance only a idiot would upgrade.

That's just a 1380MHz one, too.
THere's a few of them that are 1425-1450 and will OC higher.

Still waiting to see how high they OC. It seems with current drivers they get capped at 1480MHz?

How are those 99th percentilre results odd?
It's from 3.40 average to 4.50 99th percentile in CSGO.
28.00 to 31.40 on Total Warhammer.
CoH2 is the only one, and it's probably just being wonky on Ryzen 5.

people that waited 10 months get a better GPU for cheaper!

muh 5-10% increase 500 series gpu for less than the 480. Yea go fuck yourselves loyal consumers who bought the 480.

I will stick with my 1080 while my 480 sits in the fucking closet collecting dust.

There seems to be some kind of power bug where a slight +10mV increase dramatically increases the power usage after 1480, increasing the power target doesn't help

What the fuck man.

What language is this?

I've read a couple reviews so far,
3 or 4 had the 1060 coming out on top, either edging out or btfo'ing.
on a couple they were absolutely on par. only price, and especially now, perf/watt matters.
some had the 1060 placed a whole tier behind, such as that from tpu, as such, being btfo.

The 580 is exactly what the 480 should have been. Fuck AMD.

AMD doesn't dictate at what state of maturity are GloFo/Samsung's fabs you retard.

I think i can explain apart from shilling. Some people like Linus reduced tessellation level to the minimum in the driver (everyone should do this imo) and probably had power limit set to the max in wattman.

Aye that's what I mean.
I was hoping 8+6 pins could OC over 1600MHz fine.

>the 1060 comes on top using 5 year old games and we didn't test any new games
gee

>The 580 is exactly what the 480 should have been
Yeah, because you can have the manufacturing process refined day 1 for your first 14nm card.
You're embarrassing yourself with how much you make you ignorance clear.

GPU threads are basically Sup Forums so most people here know nothing about fabrication process.

NVidiots will still shill this, and they shill Intel too
>Corelets
>VRAMlets

Holy fuck I just want to upgrade from my 290x. Will Vega double the performance or will I have to wait even longer? Honestly loving how great finewine is.

Dude i bought my 470 8 months ago and its pretty close to 570 performance wise. I have no complains. 570/580 are better indeed but not THAT much to be butthurt.

There was absolutely no reason to even release this series. Should have tried to make it at least compete with the 1070 but no it's not even close.

Ignoring any AMD vs Nvidia shit, holy fuck. What a terribly optimized game.

You'll get somewhere around the 1080Ti, give or take a few.
How much is the 1080Ti faster than a 290X? Some 2.5x times?

Should be pretty close to double performance.

>What a terribly optimized game.
What did you expect of ubishit?

I mean... You're not wrong...

You're clueless, the 1070 is a 30% bigger GPU.
They're not even in the same ballpark.

But why not if they can? Everyones benefit from it.

is vega even going to have an offering at this pricepoint?

lol it won't be anywhere near the 1080 ti.

AMshit vega will be near 1080.

fuck I thought thaqt was .1 and 1% lows not reses, fuck me what the hell happened 1070?

No you retard.
Holy shit where did you mug that brain from?

>release $230 GPU
>then release another one with the same price 6 weeks latter

>12.5tflops card will never be near 1080ti
Just end yourself Ramesh.

Its shit. I wonder how the fuck it can win over some 980Ti's, must be gimping.

Vega is a pretty big die so you're pretty much objectively wrong, like always.

then why compare it to a gpu that costs significantly more than it like a 1070? :^)

>NEARLY 250W TDP FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT HAHAHAHA

nah, this isn't gimping, remember these are the 480's just clocked to the point we got with the golden sample leaks when the 480 came out, polaris was never bad, we just never got the binned gpus, now, they either improved the process enough that the bottom tier got a leg up, or we are getting binned gpus.

Isnt rx 480 like 8 months old

More people should test with reduced tessellation, at least until Nvidia fucking includes it in their drivers so everybody wins.

That's Vega, retard.
This is for the mainstream $150-$300 range.

>AMD's small die is within 5% of the 1070 in many games
>the twice as large die with the biggest architecture change since GCN totally won't beat the 1080!!!!!!! buy nvidia now!!!!!
You're retarded.

People expect too much from OC headroom. Hardware that runs close to it's limits shouldn't be considered that bad when it's within reasonable temps and power consumption out of the box.
I think Ryzen suffered a lot because of such unwarranted expectations in the same breath as these rebrandeons will too.

Yes it disenfranchises enthusiasts in some sense but normies who wouldn't ever OC anyway just take this chance hop onto the bandwagon to spill some bs marketing level fud that wouldn't affect them in the least, on contrary, it empwers them, closing the gap against the enthusiasts.

is a kaby lake i5 a skylake i7 competitor

>Vega - 540mm2
>Polaris 10 - 230mm2

"Twice as small"

Into the trash with the rest of AMD

Team red fails again. They spend so much time trying to fight for last place with the back end of Nvidia's gpus they don't even have a main event contender.

CONGRATULATIONS AMSHITS

Isn't Vega 515-520?

530mm2

videocardz.net/amd-radeon-rx-vega

Yes but RX480s with golden GPU bins like the XFX GTR were hitting 1450MHz+.
These appear to be even better die, but they're being held back on the manual OC somehow.
I don't care much about power consumption when it's this low to start with. This isn't Fermi, Fury X, or 290X power consumption/

Okay, 4 times smaller. Even further reinforces what I was saying.

That's a pretty big ones. I hope Vega delivers. I need another 5870/7970/290x.

>confusing power consumption with heat dissipation
>confusing the total system draw with the GPU TDP
Go back to high school and learn physics please.

Still uses less power than a delidlake

techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/RX_580_Nitro_Plus/28.html
>They measure power draw for the video card directly from the slot and power connectors.
>no u fucktard.

I stand half corrected
>confusing TDP with power consumption

the 1080ti doesn't use 270 watts you twat

idiot or someone who held back and is on lets say a 280x or below?

Yeah, sure.

100% depends on how good they dealt with bottlenecks, it could just match a 1080 it could be competitive with the 1080ti on clocks alone, but surpassing them requires alleviating bottlenecks.

280X? Isn't that Tahiti? That's a lot slower than this unless you got one those 1400MHz overclocked monsters.

Well NCU is something they talked very briefly about.

Oh well aware, people are bitching yesterday that they are comparing this gpu to the 380x and 970... those are both gpus that you would consider upgrading to this from, there is a reason they didn't put the 480 on the comparison.

I believe that at this price bracket the power circuit design takes a lot out of the OC potential, since they'll probably skimp out on the components and will have to lock some more aggressive power tunings. Between that that and the gpu themselves, we got those severe limitations. I still don't think that they're that bad for this tier, on the contrary I think they did a good job balancing the compromises for this cards at this price points.

don't worry bros... next time AMD will beat nvidia.. don't you worry..

just wait..

#radeonrebels

the only thing amd has shown was vega has no hard vram bottleneck, so even 2gb can run deus ex at max settings, likely an apu focused feature, or a way to sell vega cheaper by only having 1 hbm chip and not fucking the card over hard in the future.

>IC overclocked to hell and back uses a shitload of power and is inefficient

Here's a reality check.
A 4core 5GHz 7700k uses 20% more power than a 24 core Broadwell-EX

It's also over 50% faster, less expensive and a newer architecture

I'm an AMD fan but this seems like a cherrypicked benchmark.

>it's also over 50% faster,
>corelet
>faster
>"new" architecture
Audible kek.

aren't they all?