Why are Americans so religious? Usually the more country rich the less it religious, but that's not a case with USA...

Why are Americans so religious? Usually the more country rich the less it religious, but that's not a case with USA. What's wrong with them? I bet if they were less stable and more poor there would be Christian State of Alabama and Mississippi or so.

Because most atheists are gommies and SJWs in denial

its a huge country with uneven wealth distribution
i dont think christfags are the majority over there, but they sure are loud

back to basement, liberashka

How can you ban sharia law, lol? It's either imposed or not imposed by the government. Also I don't deny I'm a communist. And I see what forcing the religion is doing with Russia right now and has done with, say, Pakistan. Religion is a cancer holding back the development.
I actually like Georgians, but not you. Go back to market, retard.

lack of long history and mutual distrust like guns and diversity. so they need some unified metaphysical/transcendental concept to be shared and to connect others and to get together.

Yes, but shitty states like Mississippi express almost African level of religiosity while they are still way better than Africa.

the most religious states also tend to be the poorest

Not really sure about it. Almost every nation in USA is Christian while their society is still segregated to a much grade. Black people and Hispanics are more devote Christians than whites but they still have religious tensions.

go big or go home, i guess

Why is Missisippi SO bad? I guess they are only slightly better than Russia.

Looks like Mississippi's flight is delayed.

Religion offers structure and also protection from other religions. If you publicly announce that you have none, what's to stop muslims from invading and then spreading their propaganda? If they see that Christianity has failed you they have no fear of holy retribution from practitioners.

Bad? Look at their GDP. It's still higher than 98% of the world.

they got dealt a pretty shitty hand. Very agricultural state that did not adapt after the civil war when it was far from a powerhouse in the first place. It ultimately comes down to money; those with money will do well while those without do not so well.

It's a good question actually. A Hundred years ago the hard working Christian man would be an acceptable representation for pretty much every western country.

As the other western countries slowly moved on from religion, America just seems to have integrated it into pop culture.

I guess being the focal point of the world at the time is the answer. While America has enjoyed it's Renaissance period during the 20th century, the rest of the western world put their faith to the test and moved on.

Post 1950's European culture is just the culture of the American elite, ie. American university culture.

All of your values came from our universities.

>being mad at this fact

What a bullshit. Atheist people are the least likely to accept any religion. People of different religions share most of the things in common and understand each other better. There are barely any Europeans who become Muslims while Muslims in Europe are becoming less and less religious and many Arabs or Turks are atheists now. Atheism is an anti-retardness pill and a sign that country is developed enough.

-istan

As they say when America sneezes, the rest of the world gets the cold.

But it still doesn't explain the gap in religion.

What is it that is so compelling to join a church, no matter how obscure and proud say that you believe in Jesus and God in America?

The Christian church has almost no power over here and every time they make some statement they lose couple thousand members.

Our heartland has thrived on a separate and distinct political culture, fanned by the flames of the Cold War, and insulated from commie propaganda that bled through Europe.

Our metropolitan/densely populated costal areas have the same shitty values you stole from American jews in universities, mind you, we just have a bit more intellectual diversity (or did, until recent developments).

-istan shtholes are good examples of what religion is. We can look at Pakistan which was pretty successful first and then government started forcing religion to make people more obedient and it turned into complete shithole. We can look at Russia, the same shit is happening here right now: we have now wahhabi-like "orthodox activists" who attack art exhibitions, concerts, opposition rallies.

istan shtholes are good examples of the differences between races and how race will always be a proxy for superior and inferior if our normative valuation is standard, ie. crime rates, technological innovation, economy, etc.

What about uzbekistan, kyrgyzstan, tajikstan? You think they're better off with Islam than Christianity?

Because the nation was founded on puritanical Christianity.
If we compare with Canada, we see a far less religious society on a whole, because the county was founded as a resource based economy - which it greatly still is.

Lol.
They are not religious and that's why they are better than Afghanistan or Iran, for example. Of course there is no difference, if they were majority Christians they still would be a poor shitholes, it does not matter.

people always seem to forget that america was founded by religious fundamentalists whome nobody wanted in europe

The most religious states are the poorest states.

I know that muritard would instill that mug Christianity is good but we can see ton of absolutely shitty Christian countries in Africa and Latin America and good Buddhist or Islamic countries, like UAE, Malaysia or Japan and Korea. Religion always just reflects local culture and culture reflects economy development. The more country is developed, the less it's religious.

Just our culture. The only areas that aren't really religious are the Northwest and New England. The rest are all religious but to different degrees

>Why are Americans so religious? Usually the more country rich the less it religious, but that's not a case with USA.

Only poor Americans are religious. The rich ones only pretend to be religious as it makes it easier to take advantage of the poor people.

No that doesn't really work out at all. All classes are pretty religious, however upper-middle class people have a small vocal subgroup that are literal fedora tippers and the less controlled super rich kids follow a religion and believe in it but are non-practicing.

Well, they need someone to blame for their obesity.