Samsung Galaxy S8 - The Verge Video Review

>"This is the best phone Samsung has ever made, and quite possibly, the best phone PERIOD."

youtube.com/watch?v=x2NY2-FO35c

>this is the best phone
>the last best phone exploded twice

Those are pretty low standards for best if the last one exploded.

The G6 is better desu.

Thanks shill

>best phone ever
>looks nothing like past phones
>don't worry about the screen size fucking up due to weird aspect ratio it's worth
>scratches easily
>It's too tall, but don't worry you'll get used to it
>fingerprint scanner is too high up
>iris scanner sucks
>useless button on side for virtual shit that is garbage and has less features than something google released years ago
>no noticeable speed difference with cpu
>battery is pleb still
>back camera is from s7, no upgrade
>oh did I forget that it may explode like the last one?

Sounds like the best phone.

moron

Samsung has NIH syndrome out the ass. The hardware is decent, but I hate supporting a company that loads its phones with unremovable shitware

Thanks consumer whore

>$800 for a smartphone
>within the next couple years they'll reach $1k
>people will have to start taking loans out just to get a phone
Holy shit, why are these things so goddamn expensive?

>falling for the bootloop meme

When will Samsung either give up on Android, or give up on trying to compete with Google's services on Android? It's fucking retarded that they have their own AI assistant, app store, etc etc. It's like they want you to use as few Google services as possible, and I find that annoying.

How long until the nobezels meme becomes a thing on $100 chinkphones?

A lot of poor neets who cant code in this thread

I hope they don't get rid of the Google Play Store and replace it with their own inferior equivalent like Amazon did for the Kindle Fire. Nothing would fragment the Android ecosystem like that would.

>the best phone
>no removable battery

Nope

I haven't seen any reports of bootloops happening on the G6, and it's never happened on mine.

>TouchJizz

Nope

>Samsung software
>Best phone

If they sold a version with vanilla android I'd believe it, but the verge are shills

>>people will have to start taking loans out just to get a phone
People have been doing that for as long as I can remember. If you read the fine print then you'll see that "carrier subsidy" is just a sneaky way of saying "loan from a third party" without most people thinking of it that way.

Stop shilling that unreliable piece of shit.

>Can't remap the Bixbi button

LOL

True, but at 0% APR the consumer isn't really losing anything except having to make a higher monthly payment. Easier for people to do this than to plop down $750+tax only to have their phone bill be $25/month cheaper.

>but at 0% APR
Hahaha no. Go read the terms and conditions.

You do know that they are literally the only Android OEM that keeps the OS alive right?

It will happen eventually, just like to any LG phones manufactured from 2015 onward.

Buyer's remorse already set in place

>shit OS with a horrible Samsung cancer over it
>dumb fingerprint reader position
>size ranges from huge to fuckhuge
No thanks.

kek, triggered manlets already rushing in

You guys are just being biased as flip, I mean, COME ON, the only ACTUAL CON of this phone is the mediocre battery.

>Battery is non-removable.

Oh, okay, NOW I see where you are coming from.

I'mma wait for the S9.

4 years

I'm pretty confident they would have had enough room to fit the fingerprint scanner on the front if they had just put it on the bottom bezel like this. The home button on the S7 is about 6 mm tall and the bottom bezel on the S8 is about 7mm. If they would have made the button a millimeter shorter I bet it would have fit.

LG V10 stronk

Fingerprint scanner on the rear is way fucking better though, right where you finger naturally lies

Your phone is just unlocked when you take it out of your pocket

>Touchwiz

But if you have it on a table you can't unlock it without picking it up. Also my thumb naturally hits the home button on my s7 when I'm taking it out of my pocket because that's the button I use to unlock it, so having it at the bottom works just as well in that way.

Big phones are here to stay whether you like it or not.

Besides, the S8+ is not that big anyway: it's smaller than the iPhone 7 Plus.

Rumour is, they wanted to have it onscreen but the tech wasn't ready in the numbers they wanted, so they went with fastest and most simply solution. Even Applel seems to struggle getting it right despite having more time.

>Big phones are here to stay whether you like it or not.
Which is cool, some people prefer a phablet and things like Note even make sense. It's the lack of options that's problematic. Would it really kill them to make a 4'5-4'7 version and gain some sales given how ignored this market is by most? SE sold fucking great and outperformed most phablets.

>4.5"

That would be tight and a pretty much instant buy for me. With how tiny bezels can be now it'd be cool to see a compact smartphone market start up. I think people have gotten so used to phones getting bigger little by little that they forgot how nice it is to have a compact phone.

Have to pick it up to use it though, ambient mode should cover checking your notifications without pressing any buttons

At this moment. Android was just fine before Samsung you know.

Not really. It's a huge improvement over my last phone.

Unless you are talking about somewhere else other than the US, here in the states all cell phone carrier installment plans are 0% APR. I know because I have been on all 4 carriers in some form or fashion and they are all the same. Although I prefer to buy my phones flat out.

>overcompensating dicklet needs a tablet to impress his gay friends

Starting to really feel good about impulse ordering it a couple days ago.

Go to sleep Ryan

What a beautiful device. Also, no protruding camera (cough Apple).

Watch Apple attempt to copy everything again.

scratches easily? if this uses the same or better gorilla glass as the s7, it's not that easy to scratch. i've never used a case for my s7 and not a single scratch on it. i clean it by rubbing it on my shirt. if i'm feeling adventurous, i rinse it under a faucet.

>Discussing phone review
>Shilling

Discussing anything is shilling apparently.

>large oled manufacturer
>doesn't use oled in their flagship

Wonder why LG is trying at all. Google offers the better software, Samshit the better hardware, HTC had better designs but dropped the ball recently. And it's not like LG can compete on price either, specially given all the chinkshit.

front scanners are inconvenient, as already stated scanners on the back are ergonomic. even though it has fuck huge disgusting bezels, pixel got it right on the back of the device.

I'm not sure if I prefer it on the front or the back, to be honest.

If you keep your phone for more than a year, you can start to notice burn in on OLED. It's just planned obsolescence.

I'll just wait until phones will be tiny again, just give me a 120x60x10 smartphone with a no-bezel-ish design and fuck off, how am I supposed to carry that shit? I'm not a woman, jeez.

>claims not to be a woman
>complains about phones being too big
Manlet detected.

>the best phone PERIOD

>8 months later
>iPhone 8 the best phone PERIOD

>6 months after that
>Galaxy S9 the best phone PERIOD

>joke's on you guy

My G Flex 2 has never boot looped, sometimes it just gets really hot and the screen dies until it cools off a bit later.

>front scanners are inconvenient
How?

dude, that shit will not look good in your skinny jeans' front pockets, and I'm not stupid enough to put it in the back pockets and let someone steal it, also I'm 6'2 with quite large hands...maybe it's suited for neckbeards wearing cargo pants like you

>forgetting that phablets are most popular in Asian countries full of manlets

>best phone PERIOD

There never has been, nor currently is, nor will there ever be such a device because each person is different and has different needs and requirements and wants and no single device can possibly accommodate all of those aspects for every single person out there.

Another shitty review by The Verge, at least they're consistent in being total fuckups.

>Have to pick it up to use it though
No you don't, I use it on my desk or in my car mount all the time. Having the scanner on the back would be really inconvenient in those situations.

2 years max

You know what they mean you retard. Don't take it so literally.

Did anyone else catch that noticeable lagjizz delay during the beginning of the bixby segment in the video? Utterly embarrassing. Why can't samsung use stock android already? FFS.

I just bought the One Plus 3 T samsung can such my dick.

the phone is amazing and tests have shown it is faster at browsing the web which is mostly what I use my phone for

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

No.

The Samsung Galaxy S7 is better. It's almost the same device aside from the larger screen. Which I don't care about... And in fact, would rather not have. It's a portable device... I'm not trying to watch movies on it. What's the point of it?

Why not get the S7 considering it's MUCH cheaper now because of the S8? Then again... With Samsung's bloatware and all their bullshit it's not a win either way.

S7 doesn't have the bixbi button though.

also good luck getting support for your samsung device once king kike starts a war with North Korea and Seoul is obliderated

S8's screen/design is literally looks better in every possible way compared to s7.

I also just bought that thing
It's really cool.

>still lags

>Samsung software

My iphone 7 lags

>using GIF for video content

Nice try Samsung Representative #3498042.

>Instagram
>samsung software

same fagging so hard

I can watch movies on my s7edgy no problem

Surely a rom will come out for this

This

It used to be but Samsung blocked it.

They're trying to force you to use their ecosystem and convert from Android in general as they plan on having their own system. I'm sure it'll work out quite well for them.

he won't be coming back from that one.

No they are not. Recently got a redmi 4 pro and while I love the fingerprint scanner, I didn't have to go more than 5 minutes with the phone before noticing the scanner should have been placed on the front. It's really annoying unlocking the phone while it rests on my desk in front of me, which is pretty much 60% of the time I actually use it throughout the day. I don't plan on upgrading since I'm satisfied as hell with it, but when I do I will make sure to get a phone with a front facing scanner no matter what.

How is the battery pleb?

I'm 6" and my hands are large, but at the end of the day this thing is a fucking phone. For neets who don't actually leave their rooms, let alone their houses, yeah, I can see the appeal of a giant screen, but for any other person with an actual life, comfortable one hand usage on the go is much more important and convenient than some retarded screen that won't add to the usage experience whatsoever. I use my 5" phone one handed but it's not as comfortable as using, say, a 4.7" iphone. Can't stand ios though, so I'm stuck with this shitty phablet meme.

wrong

>I'm 6"

fucking kek, meant to say 6' of course
not used to this retarded cavemen measurement system clappers use

>tfw still on the Note 4 with no issues
RIP the golden generation (S5/Note 4)

I kinda regret going S8 over S8+

But $0 down vs $130 down, I was like fuck that.

Also fuck Samsung for using the same QC as the S7, even QC3 is better and 4 is out now.

I have a launch Vita and the AMOLED is still strong.

Suck my dick, LCD is garbage.

>I'm 6"
fucking manlet

No, you're wrong.

I fell for the Samsung meme twice. They shall not get me a third time.

Be a liar somewhere else, George.

>the verge

Na bruh

So I have a Alcatel pop 4 plus and am looking to upgrade what should I get? The phone likes to go into bootloops when I go to certain places it is weird.

>Alcatel

:( you must be so poor

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR GLORIOUS GODDESS MAKI!! YOU ARE A MIRACLE AND AN INSPIRATION TO A GENERATION! WE LOVE YOU QUEEN OF Sup Forums!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck off, Maki's a slut.