/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horological tech and watches.

SWISS EDITION

PREVIOUS THREAD:Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/IqmXN_0aD1k

Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Other urls found in this thread:

chronomaddox.com/nouvelle_lemania_5100.html
meranom.com/en/search/?search=ladies&filter_name=ladies
ebay.ie/usr/natos_ministry
ebay.ie/itm/122410379150?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&var=422882578854&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
a.co/2qfqp2d
youtube.com/watch?v=FuUOew2nHXM
mrjoneswatches.com/collections/all-products
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1rd for succulents

Someone recommend me interesting Swatch designs can't be Omega or anything, just actual shitters.

swatch.com

How much is this worth?

It's 35mm

Lonely desert

$50

depending on the condition, maybe two or three hundred.

Cross posting from last thread:

The subdial layout was designed to air force specifications, I believe. The great advantage of the Lemania 5100 subdial arrangement is that the chronograph minute hand and second hand are both on the central register, thus making the chronograph much easier to read than a subdial minutes design.

If you are interested in learning about one of the five greatest automatic chronograph movements of all time you can read this article as a starter:

chronomaddox.com/nouvelle_lemania_5100.html

Additionally, Omega's implementation of the co-axial escapement is fundamentally flawed and should have been scrapped. In theory, it is supposed to be a lubricant free escapement that would extend the service intervals of the movement.

In reality, Omega ended up having to use microscopically precise amounts of oil at several places on the escapement for shock absorption, and, most of the design changes made to facilitate the escapement have ended up making the movements much more delicate and difficult to service than a standard Swiss lever escapement like an ETA 2892-A2, while not bringing ANY benefit whatsoever in terms of service intervals, positional variance, isochronism, worn vs. resting amplitude, power-reserve, or especially reliability (which has been massively REDUCED). The only reason Omega went ahead with this abortion of a design is advertising and marketing to try and convince aspirational middle class normies that modern Omega is anything more than 80% of Rolex prices at 20% of Rolex effort.

One of the best Casios ever made. $35.

Cross-posting:
Can't say I disagree with you. Maybe I'll be able to use the strap on my SDGM. I've also got a Vietnamese croc strap coming because I am curious about the quality.

Much better

Any advices on an elegant but not showy, mid-low priced women's watch? Better if with well visible numbers and a white strap.

>/wt/ tells me aliexpress natos will be shit-tier
>uses a bunch of retarded jargon to rationalize it
>tells me to order from toxic natos instead
>ok.jpg
>order about 20 in different colors from different vendors on aliexpress
>order 3 from toxic
>order 3 from cheapestnatostraps
>AE order shows up
>the $1.50 straps are pretty thin and not very soft but they're otherwise just fine
>the $5 straps are great and on par with any other nato I've ever seen
>cheapestnatostraps straps show up
>they're the same as the $1.50 aliexpress straps
>toxic order shows up
>they're the same as the fucking $1.50 aliexpress straps
god I hate you faggots

Budget? Quartz or mechanical?

$5 link?

Also
>Browsing instagram, see some IG account called debonairtime
>They are shilling Megir watches
>Out of curiosity, see how much they're selling them
>$80

For fucking Megir you can get for $20 on AE?

lmaooo the hands on this watch in the thumbnail looks like a zyzz pose.

>he's wearing a submariner

Next you should buy perlon straps from the Swiss guy based in Switzerland. They are $10 each.

meranom.com/en/search/?search=ladies&filter_name=ladies

links
link pls

ebay.ie/usr/natos_ministry

are these better than the $7 AE perlons?

It's Swiss made quality. Of course it's better.

>he can't afford a Rolex

nigger please

how much is this?

rate

Seiko is horology at its finest, you snob.

8500 used with the paper

no, you completely misinterpreted our advice. you threw out all the quality vendors and even seem to have deleted them from your memory of the thread.

be sure to come back and tells us when your watch falls off and is destroyed because you're a fucking psycho penny pincher.

Budget: around 50 $ or a bit more
Quartz or mechanical isn't really important compared to aesthetics

>no, you completely misinterpreted our advice. you threw out all the quality vendors and even seem to have deleted them from your memory of the thread.
feel free to post an actual argument (or source) anytime lad

swatch.com is your best bet

>meranom.com/en/search/?search=ladies&filter_name=ladies
Those ones are a bit clunky, I'm looking for something slimmer

was it worth it?

you literally picked only the two cheapest vendors other than aliexpress, over a deafening chorus of posts telling you to spend more than $5 on nato straps or you were wasting your money.

you are such a fucking cheapskate that ALL OF YOUR MONEY WENT TO WASTE. this is how mentally ill you are.

winner here

they look like ali straps

Actual advice: go to Macy's and pick a timex, Anne Klein, etc that you like. Spend the $15 left over on a nice white strap.

A little over 6000.

If you wanted to wait around and buy one at auction, you'd pay around 6 plus the juice. At a dealer meet, you could probably work on the low side of 7. You could walk into any jeweler in the world and sell it for at least 6 right now.

Seems like some dumb nigger just got a visit to some street stalls in Hong Kong.

Nigger fakes do tell GTFO

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/FA

If I have $300, should I aim for an automatic or a quartz?

>Paying more than $20 for quartz

I just bought a couple perlons here. Will post back with comparison to cheapestnato perlons. Probably the same thing.

ebay.ie/itm/122410379150?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&var=422882578854&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

enlighten me, fampai

feel free to post an actual argument (or source) anytime lad

you can get a shit-tier automatic or a fairly nice quartz, with some overlap

but then again good quartz is always superior to even good automatic

Macy's doesn't exist in my country but there are some gorgeous cheap Anne Klein ones, thanks for the advice!

and I do have a sub, I was just pulling your leg

:^)

it's ugly though, doesn't know what it wants to be
the jdm citizen q&q falcon is superior

So what's a decent quality AliExpress NATO?

timex fairfield 37mm
oversized and looks like a DW

Clean that 6:00 endlink m8.

The not quite coffin links are neat though.

nice tisell homage :^)

ebay butterfly clasp arrived!

how much and is it any good?

I already have an SNK809, why do I want an 803 too

803 is fucking gross vomit dial. get an 807 if you really need another one.

You're a gross vomit dial. Maybe I'll get them all

im new to this kind of clasp, feels clumsy. perhaps it needs some time to break in otherwise a bit stiff on the spring and the lock, not smooth when clicking in. the steel material seem solid. paid $6

the beige color makes it best for low tone daily driver

>a bit stiff on the spring and the lock,
>not smooth when clicking in.
>paid $6

yeah, remember when i told you to pay $40?

>All photos taken April 17, 2017
>17

not yet. the watch itself is $70, and i dropped it once, dont want to spend big money on it just yet

deployant clasp is kind of retarded on a canvas strap anyway. the point of it is to prevent leather from wearing out due to repeated hard bends. canvas can handle that.

true, canvas can take more hard bends, but with deployant making the strap in complete circle i would never need to worry about dropping it again or having it slip off my hand when inconveniently holding only one piece of the straps when i put the watch on

if you feel like it, i can recommend a folded-link bracelet that's a perfect fit for the snk8xx series.

definitely send it my way or post here

a.co/2qfqp2d

Tried to replace a watch strap for the first time and naturally a spring bar flew out. Where do you guys get replacements? I'm not sure what size it is so I guess I'll just have to buy a bunch and compare.

Amazon
Just measure it

im an ausfag might have trouble with shipping cost. thank you user nonetheless

the hadley-roma model number is on the product page there and you might be able to find it somewhere else using that.

i went through a lot of straps on my 807, and once i put that on it, i never took it off until i eventually stopped wearing the watch.

>I'm not sure what size it is
The same as the lug width of the watch...

youtube.com/watch?v=FuUOew2nHXM

What do you guys think?

In case anyone's interested, another megasonic is up on ebay right now. Doesn't mention whether it was serviced recently or not, so assume that you'll have to find someone to do that for you.

www.ebay.ca/itm/302285346271

Still have to find somebody to touch up the sad sad polish job on my megasonic.

Post your hummers. Are there any aside from the 214/218 family, 9162, and 1220/1230 family worth collecting? Was there ever a Japanese or russian tuning fork watch?

>russian tuning fork watch

There was a straight up copy of the 214 (slava transistor).

As far as I know, all tuning fork movements were made/designed at least in part by max hetzel.

>Copy of the 214
Did they somehow figure out the Eldritch secret of the index wheel?

Well they were made on a gear hobbing machine. The sekrit is how the fuck they controlled for vibrations/other errors while making a given batch of index wheels so they wouldn't be out of whack. I'm guessing the russians either lucked out or they were shit.

this is my first time on Sup Forums, let alone wt. anyway, ill order one of those $5 straps from ae just to try bc of your story.
i cant remember which vendor i bought my last straps from but they were $15 or 20 each.

If it were not for the stupid prices and stupid lugs, I would consider buying some of these watches.

mrjoneswatches.com/collections/all-products

It's a clever little take on form and function.

I like the eccentricity.

Can anyone identify this movement? I assume it's a Sea-Gull.

Any good (or cheap) mechanical watches with an alarm function?

Seiko bellmatic.

Jlc memovox

I'm pretty sure USPS is deliberately fucking with me on delivering my SARB017. They've spent two days just shipping back and forth between two facilities 7 miles apart.

gold and stainless mix
not 2.5x magnified
dat crown

no crown sealed glass etching
no magnification

not steel, quality
not sapphire glass
font

not steel
midget hands
fake magn

Swatch skin is too nu-male, they're really nice on chicks

Are there any watches with jumping minutes/hours/date and a sweeping seconds hand?

Wtf are you doing

Have memes gone too far?