Confidential Update for Google Pixel Accidentally Released

9to5google.com/2017/04/18/google-pixel-xl-ota-dogfood-test-build/

Google seems to have accidentally released an update for the Google Pixel, containing the May 2017 security updates, that was only intended for internal testing at Google, to some random Google Pixels in the general population. I myself have received it, as seen by the >pic related.
I am currently installing it; and I have a 32 GB Google Pixel XL, blue.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453998?hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

oops XD

Here is the screenshot of status, including software version, for before the update. Please note that I am not a Googler, in case anyone was wondering.

>XD
hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me _… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

false flag

So this is a little bit of extra botnet (since it's given to so few) on top of your regular serving?

I work at google. Ask me anything.

I'm going to skip the meme questions. What is your line of work?

global support at doubleclick platforms, specifically DBM

How are you mootles?

do you drink the koolaid

mootles is under the 'internet superstars' group. not sure what he does, though, to be honest

i love google and everything it stands for. working there has a lot of benefits, however i must admit that their online advertising practices are terrifying.

you wouldn't believe how much information can be gathered and processed through cookies. there are even huge audience lists composed of thousands of user cookies that are sold for big money

how else do you run a company in the billions I guess

pretty common knowledge tough. We get to use Google's services in exchange for data.
And there are a lot of services.

>wouldn't believe
Try us

there's a lot of processes, managers and specific ways to do things.

most of the stuff you do is documented. gmacs have keyloggers, this is very explicitly stated when the computer is handed over to you.

hell, we even have our own meme generator

memegen.googleplex.com

Just in case, here's my disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

>keyloggers
I don't like this flavor of koolaid

>memegen.googleplex.com
>needs acc login
hold on! Seems fishy to me. However idc tbqh fäm.

I work for Google (but not on Android) and this seems legit. Everyone internally knows what "android-dogfood-discuss@" and "go/nougat" mean.

it's internal senpai, even if you tried, you won't be able to log into the service

you also need a security key, and possibly even a specific wifi network to login

supposedly, this is to ensure you never input your computer password anywhere else... in fact, if you do, a huge popup shows up and forces you to change lel

audience lists, pixels, remarketing tactics, targeting... many ad-servers and DMPs track user behavior, to the point where they know exactly what you were looking for and whether you could be a potential customer.

there's a ton of optimisation processes involved as well (CTR, CPM, and other metrics), all of which involve a lot of money.

we're talking about trillions (yes, trillions) of ad impressions

same

didn't login

sup senpai, i'm in the camera dogfood group, that's the only thing i'm interested in... too bad it's not getting that much progress

>our own meme generator

We actually invented meme generators. We were the first ones to have a website that put Impact font text on images.

I'd love to work for yahoo

It's generic OAuth2 login managed by accounts.google.com. Nothing fishy going on.

Google will know that some non-Googler tried to log in, but beyond that there are no repercussions of trying to sign in. They can't do anything to you for trying.

Only login from @google.com accounts will be accepted.

I don't even dogfood anything anymore, considering how little they care about our feedback. Not sure how long you've been at the company, but 99% of the time the internal dogfood feedback ends up being totally ignored and then they launch externally and external users complain about the exact same things we complained about during dogfood.

hey bud

that's exactly what i meant earlier - they don't actually give a fuck. they do whatever they please, and it usually ends up broken upon release in some way, shape or form.

i've been about 18 months working here, how about you? i have a baneposting avatar inside teams

What is remarketing tactics?

check support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453998?hl=en

4 years. I no longer drink the koolaid, but comp keeps me working here. I know it's not as high as at some competitors, but I like the stability of a company like Google vs. say Twitter which pays better but has no real business model or revenue streams.

stay strong, brother

it's good to know that others browse 4gag from time to time as well

i'm off to bed now, hope we meet some day

Say hi at Nintendo dad for me

Why was this update confidential?
And before you say you can't tell us remember you did tell us to ask you anything

lmfao xD

:)

How do you feel about being a grown man and often being referred to as a "Googler"

Here is the screenshot of status, including software version, after the update. The android version is the same at 7.1.2. The baseband version is the same. The kernel is the same revision, 3.18.31, but is now build g416bf43 instead of g086ab5b, built on March 24, 2017 instead of February 16, 2017. The build server for the kernel seems to be different, but the name is mostly the same. It now states that the android security patch level is May 5, 2017 instead of April 5, 2017, as would be expected, as it states that it includes the May 2017 security updates.