SJWs are technology

discuss SJWism as it relates to technology

Other urls found in this thread:

turing.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

look man, people of all colors are shitty. just jack off and leave

/thread

Stop giving a shit about what a tiny minority does/complains about and just git gud.

>Stop giving a shit about what a tiny minority does/complains about and just git gud.

libreboot something something SJW something something bad

I can't believe mods would let this thread stay up while my on-topic threads get taken down much quicker than this for being "off-topic" by some no-good mod who has personal issues and I get banned.

This is an absolute joke.

SJW's are bad mmkay

Yeah, 8çhän is starting to look pretty good right now.

Desktop threads are not, like, on topic.

Fuck off.

SJW is a mercurially-defined term that only ever really means "anyone left-of-center that I disagree with"

saged

>implying your sage does anything anyways when my response right now bumps the thread back to the top
I mean, you're welcome to try to sage bomb the thread. I'm sure it'll only take a few hours before it reaches the post limit

what was your on topic thread about? link to it in the archives

There was once an SJW who worked in my very technology-related workplace. he/she/it did nothing but complain and ruin everyone's fun. SJWs are awful

while I agree that in general the SJW issue is overblown, they do exist and when they get even a modicum of power they create some mind-numbingly stupid shit that wastes everyone's time and benefits literally no one.

Take pic related for example.

They're bitching about commit messages not included every single special snowflake gender. Commit messages.

>implying I'm not doing it symbolically anyways

saged again

>waaaah it's too hard to use 'their' for documents that anyone can read
>why can't I just assume everyone's a dude

That's not "bitching". That is a valid point. They aren't even specifically telling anyone in particular they need to change their code. they are just presenting an opinion and telilng people how they can easily identify instances of that within their own project. Don't you have better things to do with your time then complain about this?

Did you miss that part where "he/she" isn't considered politically correct anymore? You can't assume everyone is male or female now.

>writing he/she is sexist because it lists "he" first and thus slightly favors one gender over the other
>that is a valid point
Are you kidding

....yeah?
I said 'their', I would never use 'he/she', it's awkward anyway semantically

You just admitted that it favors one gender over the other and you expect that to help your point how?

just because it's beneath your concern and irrelevant to you, a dude, doesn't mean the point's not valid anyways

I could shut out every single concern that wasn't my own but that wouldn't really get me anywhere now would it

Lurk more if you don't understand how to read greentext

>words
>valid concern
kys, cuck

so what you are saying is that you have no actual argument. got it

Did you just assume my gender? You just violated what you're arguing in support of

I knew an SJW once and they ruined all the technology. SJWs should not be allowed to be involved with technology.

No, I'm pointing out you completely misconstrued what I was saying because you don't understand common parlance on this website

No matter how it's interpreted, there is no actual argument. Just you sperging.

The person you are replying to is literally a shill sent to disrupt this website

Sup Forums isn't a business setting and it's almost certain only a dude would be spending his time arguing over keeping the status quo of 'he' intact for something so trivial
why would a woman or anyone else but a man give a fuck about "he"

I have violated nothing I've said thusfar, you're literally taking "did you just assume my gender?" from a meme and trying to strawman me with it and it's pathetic

Preach it!

One time an SJW used my toaster. This is what happened to it (pic related)

>why would a woman or anyone else but a man give a fuck about "he"
Because it's not just about "he". A commit to their project that uses "she" is rejected as well. Any gendered pronouns on any commit message is not allowed. Which wastes everyone's time because you have to restructure how people normally talk to fit into their crazy "no one can ever feel left out" mindset. And you know what? If it was user facing I'd at least understand that. We're talking about commit messages. So as a developer I don't want stupid corporate bullshit making my daily tasks more annoying.

And you have absolutely no idea if I'm a man or a woman. Sup Forums actually has a higher ratio of women than most boards. In fact, you're being sexist just by assuming women couldn't possibly agree with men on this topic.

I once let an SJW cut my hair and this is how it turned out

Time to start removing society destroying SJWs.

An SJW borrowed my calculator and when they gave it back, I noticed every time I would hit the equals key it would do this

turing.io/

>We're talking about commit messages. So as a developer I don't want stupid corporate bullshit making my daily tasks more annoying.

You're really loading up the concept. It's not about corporate. You think corporate gives a fuck about including women or nb people? Black people? Disabled people? If that were true then maybe they'd hire more.
It's not about a political message that's irrelevant to everyone. Like I said at the start of this thread, just because it's not relevant to you, doesn't mean it's not relevant to everyone. It's not always "how people normally talk". It's not crazy to have to be take some simple consideration of other people when you're working in a group. You'd know that.
And believe me, I know a lot about women in Sup Forums.

Why are you so mad?

because look at what they did to my calculator. Those pieces of shit are not cheap!

he/she is an eyesore, use they or just pick a gender

english should just adopt a singular neutral pronoun (like some other languages have) and be done with this bullshit forever

>You think corporate gives a fuck about including women or nb people? Black people? Disabled people? If that were true then maybe they'd hire more.
Corporate cares about PR, and at the moment a fairly loud screeching minority is willing to rev up a witch hunt against any corporation they think aren't towing the line close enough. So corporate will react to that. In addition, corporate has to abide by a lot of government regulations if they are a federal contractor - and almost any corporation that is sizable in any way is since federal contractor means "if you ever get money from the government". And the government has been pushing some of these policies, so corporate follows whatever the lawyers say exposes them to the least risk of a government inquiry.

Do I think corporate really cares? No. Just like I don't think a of the so-called SJWs really give a shit about what they're spewing. It's about gaining power or keeping power, nothing more.

An SJW pointed at my computer and mumbled some unintelligible words and this happened.

minorities are getting into tech anons. embrace the change or get swept up under the wave of progress

THAT IS A MAN
YOU ARE A FAGGOT FOR POSTING THIS

>embrace the change or get swept up under the wave of progress
Minorities have been in tech the whole time. Do asians and indians not count as minorities? Cause they're fucking everywhere.

>do the largest groups of people on the entire fucking planet count as minorities?
No user, they don't.

So....what you're saying is we need more whites in tech?

>anti-sjw thread
>get assmad and post "thanks obama" tier counter shitposting
kys, cuck

ur waifu is shit