What happened?

What happened?

The 280X is basically a rebranded 7970 which came out in 2011, right?
And the 770 is a new GPU from 2013?

So why is the 770 so shit?

Now you know why nv 780 never been on benchmark anymore, amd 280 already beat it.

how can we sell new gpus if goyim sticks with the old gpus?

I'm so happy these days that I dropped 770 for 390.

had r9 280x at 1350mhz. it could slap 780ti.Nuff sayd.Kepler was shit. r9 390x takes a dump on 980 rx480 and 1060.Too bad they used enought power to light a small african village. Damn i miss that 280x, my 1070 has shit colors.

In all seriousness, what happened?
What was gimped on this card to make it appear okay in benchmarks at the time, but to be so dogshit once more demanding games came out?

It seems like with every Nvidia midrange card since their G70 arch; the 470, 570, 670, 770, 970; they always gimp something instead of do a straight cut down which makes it perform well in games of the day but turn complete shit on games that get released in the future.

Yeah my 7970 will hit 1325MHz if I want to make it that much of a space heater.

>my 1070 has shit colors.
You can adjust that in the Nvidia control panel thing I think?
I don't think Nvidia actually does some weird optimizations with 8bit colors that just makes them not come out quite right no matter what you do.

The 770 is a rebranded GTX 680 actually.

nothing happened you retard, BF1's DX12 mode is optimized for GCN, all nvidia cards run the DX11 path much faster.

it is called not enough memory
now fuck away from technology board

2GB vs 3GB

It's not optimized for AMD. It's optimized for DX12.

Nvidia has no hardware that can do DX12. Pascal sort of can, but even that is shit compared to AMD because it has DX12 features baked in to the hardware that Nvidia doesn't.

GCN STRONK

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR GLORIOUS GODDESS MAKI!! YOU ARE A MIRACLE AND AN INSPIRATION TO A GENERATION! WE LOVE YOU QUEEN OF Sup Forums!!!

Fuck off, Maki's a slut.

>And the 770 is a new GPU from 2013?
it's a rebranded 680, which was the direct competitor of the 7970
7970 has always been the better GPU

>7970 has always been the better GPU
But people bought like twice as many 580s and 680s.

most people are retarded

>it could slap 780ti.
Ummm no

I had a 780ti hydrocopper running at 1,305mhz and it beat the stock clock GTX 980.
Unless ur talking about ashes of the singularity

>It's not optimized for AMD. It's optimized for DX12.
No, it's designed for AMD hardware from start to finish.

Dx12 is copy pasta Mantle.

>DX12 is copy pasta Mantle

Check this guy out

You do realize that BF1 is one of the less performant DX12 titles, right?
It's not nearly the jump you get in other DX12/Vulkan titles like The Division or DOOM.

For DX12 to really see big benefits, the rendering pipeline needs to be written from scratch to use it. In BF1, it mostly simply changes DX11 API calls to DX12 ones and little more.

Vulkan was based on Mantle, not DX12.