Sup Forums i was thinking. a lot of older anime--anime made on cels and film--only has dvd releases...

Sup Forums i was thinking. a lot of older anime--anime made on cels and film--only has dvd releases, which means the grain is compressed to heck and back. obviously, running a denoising algorithm will result in smearing, but what if you then added digital grain to it, covering up the smears with noise? wouldn't you basically have original film quality? also you could upscale before adding noise. this also might help with the color banding.

dumb makiposter

rude

>maki is cute 317
>317

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR GLORIOUS GODDESS MAKI!! YOU ARE A MIRACLE AND AN INSPIRATION TO A GENERATION! WE LOVE YOU QUEEN OF Sup Forums!!!!!!!!!

have you tried filtering it with updoc?

Maki is still running Sup Forums. Things look to be in order

i didnt notice that you posted that here too! I really like that pic and hadn't seen it before

It is really easy to test. Install opencv, take a few still images and apply whatever filters you want and see for yourself.
If you think you have found the right mixture, try it on some anime you like to watch and see if it gets better.

Some upscaling efforts have been made, but if you think you know what is needed to improve, try it out.

virtualdub?

wow that's a pretty cool idea. not sure i'm strong enough with C to do that right now though; i was planning to use ffmpeg. might be a good learning experience, though!

happy birthday Maki

you already said that

wow another new cute maki picture!

keep posting makis pls

delet this

make me

Haruhi S1 is an example of digitally upscaled anime. I don't care how Mich you like a show, you don't want digitally upscaled anime.

yeah, Aria got the same treatment, and it's very bad. neither of those attempted to add grain back in after the fact, though. grain often gives the illusion of sharpness

This thread is dildos.

your posting is dildos idiot

>Haruhi S1 is an example of digitally upscaled anime
I fucking knew something was wrong with the BD releases.

Sup Forums here. Might as well ask, why do you like Maki, specifically?

Would 5 reasons be enough?

We know Maki is cute. But why her out of all girls out there? There's a lot to choose, yet you guys settled on someone who isn't exactly known for her attachment to technology.

>She's a girl!
>She's a tomato!
>I love her!!!!!
>Maki!!!!!!!!!!!

Shes smart, beautiful and very caring. She's a great pianist and has a divine voice. She is truly of patrician taste and should be treated like the goddess she is. Question not our love for her, but our everlasting devotion to her. The answer should be simple enough.

>Shes smart
can she even sum in place the first 2000000 prime numbers?

Is this the right place to celebrate Tomato Day?

Glasses Maki can solve anything

yes!

oops i meant to post this one!

>tfw I'm an oldfag and I don't even know who the hell maki is and where is she from

Boku no pico

I wonder how viable it would be to run waifu2x on every frame of a typical anime series, then compile it back together.

Boku no pico is the source of everything.

you're not me!

Nice to know I'm not the only one who remembered!
Happy birthday Maki!

> 46 posts
> 23 Posters
> 26 images

Baka.

Maki posting is contagious.

Back to your containment board weeb

Sup Forums told us to come here.