The official

The official
>why aren't you building a Hackintosh now that nVidia 10xx Pascal is supported
thread

Wintoddlers btfo

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mach_(kernel)
9to5mac.com/2017/04/11/nvidia-releases-pascal-web-drivers-mac-os-gtx-10-series-cards/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>why aren't you building a Hackintosh
I'm already using an iMac.

I forgive you.

But how can you live on a mobile GPU from AyyyyMD?

I don't gayme or anything, only reason I'm building a new computer is that it can't handle Blu-ray remuxes. Once it's not my main machine I'm going to see how upgrading it to a Core2 Quad and an 8800GS goes.

Because the Pascal drivers are currently shit introduce horrendous amounts of stuttering.

>waiting for drivers to build a system to compensate for another system that you are too poor to afford

>changing my OS doesnt finish my work

>who the fuck cares

neo Sup Forums,

Bullshit. I just put in a 1080Ti (coming from a 980Ti) and it works fine.

>Too poor to afford

No I'm not you fucking degenerate.

I have a MacBook Pro (recent) for mobile work and Apple currently has no desktop that is comparable to what I can build especially with a 1080Ti GPU.

Don't like the thread? Get the fuck out.

Why do people legitimately want to use osx? I cant comprehend this

Because it's a great OS.

>compensating this hard

we get it, you like shiny things, and have shit taste. no need to make a thread about it.

back to r3dd1tXD you go

Have you actually benchmarked it compared to your 980ti, or just plugged it in, booted up and immediately started shitposting on Sup Forums?

The best consumer OS in the world right now.

The fact that mainstream applications are supported is one of the upsides, but otherwise here are other key points:

>No registry
>Uses plists
>Clean interface
>Great font management
>No DLLs
>Unix like
>Terminal
>Good memory management
>iMessage/Handoff features with your iOS device
>Great professional application support, from Adobe, Avid, DigiDesign, etc.
>Finder is amazing with shortcuts
>Great working environment

this is a guy who is shilling a hackintosh over pascal drivers and proudly owns a """recent""" macbook™ for mobile """work"""

the fuck do you think

>Unix like
It _is_ UNIX

Yes I have.

I use CUDA enabled applications like Adobe Premiere/Octane (Cinema 4d plugin) and Davinci Resolve. I will be putting a second 1080Ti soon.

Also nVidia said this is a beta driver for now, but they've been good with updates when a card is supported, but so far it's fine.

You seem very angry and jealous.

No it's not. It's literally FreeBSD and other shit.

Try 3D applications, especially Metal. Some of the major Metal improvements nVidia implemented in the previous web drivers don't appear to carried over to the Pascal branch.

I'm sure it'll be fixed, but it's still there for now.

It's literally undeniably UNIX, this is not even debatable. Saying OS X isn't UNIX is like saying humans don't need oxygen to survive. It's simply wrong.

I don't use Metal, it's buggy. I just use CUDA or OpenCL (I prefer CUDA).

I don't think Metal is there yet unless you use a real Mac.

I just mentioned I use Otoy's Octane (realtime 3d engine) and it works fine. It requires CUDA.

They're just required to pay 10k/year for some shitty certificate.

That's why I said it's Unix-like, but it's not a "Unix" build. Because macOS is closed source and open source.

It also uses the Mach kernel, which isn't really used anywhere else.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mach_(kernel)

Ya no,
Launch GTX 1080 drivers had high latency, but Nvidia kept fixing that with drivers within 3 weeks.

There isn't any stuttering with my 2600k/1080
And that's an old cpu

It's not an annual thing, it's $15k every OS release per architecture for the OS to be tested against thousands of pages of standards.
>Because macOS is closed source and open source.
Literally irrelevant.
>It also uses the Mach kernel, which isn't really used anywhere else.
No, it uses XNU, Mach is just a part of the kernel. Quit talking out of your ass.

Get out of my thread you neckbeard

no u

It's my thread. Stop shitposting. There are plenty of pajeet friendly posts around here, go there.

Where is some source or announcement about Pascal support.

9to5mac.com/2017/04/11/nvidia-releases-pascal-web-drivers-mac-os-gtx-10-series-cards/

Also eGPU with TB3 and MacBook Pro 2016 is kind of a cool setup.

It's not shitposting just because you don't like it. I was posting facts.

It's my thread, not yours, faggot,

Fact is you're an idiot. Apple does it's own thing. You're dealing with minutiae here.

No, I'm OP. Stop pretending.

I'm OP

No me.

>gets proven wrong
>pls stahp posting lol ur dum xDDD
Yeah, I'm totally the shitposter here.

Proven wrong how?

I said Unix Like which is enough you fucking idiot.

It's not an official Unix OS. It's mostly closed source.

>cost of certificate
>how certificate is obtained
>meaning of certificate

>It's not an official Unix OS
See That's literally a certificate saying that it is officially UNIX. Every OS X version since 10.5 on Intel is a certified UNIX OS.
Also, again, being open source doesn't mean jack shit. You may prefer it to be open source, but that by no means disqualifies it from its UNIX certification.

>Mac OS
>So shit it only just got support of Pascal
kek

Kaby support when, that is the only thing I am waiting for to build a new hackintosh.
Maybe they skio it and use Coffee instead.

no gaems

what the fuck is the point of having a GPU if your OS doesn't have any games?

>what the fuck is the point of having a GPU
displaying the desktop

Workarounds are totally worth it.

Winshit is only used for gaymes.

Dual boot with Winshit. SSDs are cheap.

CUDA enabled pro apps you idiot. It's a working mans OS.

I used hackintosh for almost a year.

A pretty nice OS, yes. But it's like getting too comfortable in your own home, you end up never leaving. Whatever problems you have, you try to find solutions and stick to them enough that when you want back into other systems, maybe because of some software compatibility issues or whatever the fuck, you have it harder.

It is a comfortable OS but the slowest of all, and I do mean it, everything has some sort of delay while Windows 8.1/10 don't really suffer from that under the same hardware. It also clearly reminds you that you're not doing things the official way by providing very poor GPU performance in comparison.

For now I only use it on my X220 because for basic tasks it's neat and I got used to some of the shortcuts.

>It's a working mans OS.
>osx
>man
choose one

>Dual boot with Winshit. SSDs are cheap.

Honestly dual booting is an annoying thing. Even when you take out of the equation boot times, having to stop everything to use Windows is kind of a pain.

Hurdy hurr

>You're a homosexual if you use macOS lelelele

Are you a pajeet with brown skin

>having to stop everything to use Windows

Um I've been Hackintoshing for over a year and the only time I use Winshit is for gaymes and VR with my Vive (which I don't use much anymore).

So what the fuck are you talking about you nigger?

Is anyone having screen flickering/blinking after wake with Pascal cards? Experiencing it with my GTX 1060

Sleep/Wake is always an issue with Hackintoshes.

Just don't let it sleep, but you can let the display sleep.

>So what the fuck are you talking about you nigger?
Having to close all your applications in order to boot the other OS.

Retarded fucking noob blue scum here.
Can you hackintosh with a GTX 1070 and i5 6600k

Yes, it's mostly dependent on your motherboard.

My motherboard is on the supported list. It seems like only EVGA GTX 1070s are on their supported list but does that matter? I have MSI 8gb version

> why aren't you building a hackintosh.

don't need a desktop mac.

No it doesn't, they all use the same GPU driver.