Minimalist web browsers

Is there a browser that allows me to keep the address bar hidden until I use a shortcut to target it? (ie: Ctrl+L on Firefox)

Vivaldi has the option to hide the address bar but it also disables the shortcut to target it if you do so.

Firefox

I don't know if such a thing exists but I do think that it's trivial to make a firefox web extension for it.
The required apis don't exist in the stable version yet but it's possible with nightly.

press f11 and make it fullscreen

>hiding your taskbar
pleb

firefox; you can also set a separate window for an extra urlbar if you feel like it

you should use surf (surf.suckless.org) it doesn't have any address bar at all. You' have to pipe URL's into dmenu and use tabbed if you want a tabbed browser. Otherwise it's just a flat rendering of whatever page you go to, no toolbars or menus or anything.

how

uzbl

see

i use tst and put the urlbar in the tabbar

edge

>edge
I second this
Press Shift+Alt+Win to enable real full screen

vivaldi has that

That's nice and all and would be real useful if the internet wasn't such a shithole.
Unfortunately you need shit like uBlock Origin, uMatrix, Decentraleyes etc. to get by.

wat? There aren't any 'plugins' or anything it's whatever you compile in at build time. That's part of suckless philosophy--software shouldn't be laden with crappy external dependencies. That all sounds like stupid needless shit a person would get if they didn't know how to use a VPN or some other obfuscation method that actually works.

how about just a tinyass bar

(qutebrowser)

All these nights and no uzbl

lynx

In vivaldi you can press f2 to have a multipurpose "launcher" that works as address bar too, though. Check it out, it's its best feature.