Why is mpv so shit compared to MPC-HC...

Why is mpv so shit compared to MPC-HC? You need to run a media player in a virtual machine just to have your video files play properly, lmfao. I thought you freetards said it was good?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=675469
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

da fuck are you talking about?

What? Is the issue you're having that the creators of the subs have a style with a font that isn't included as an attachment and displays correctly if you have the font on your system and incorrectly if not?

Or does the included font have a broken identifier that vsfilter is happy to go ahead with while libass is pickier?

Post mediainfo and mpv --version or get the fuck out OP.

>asenshi in charge of perspective

Still infinitely better than CR to be honest.
>tfw ITW is dead and buried

The spirit lives on in the maybe 3 typesetters who are still alive

Works fine on windows but shitpv on linux literally won't show any fonts the way they're supposed to be. Garbage open sores software.

Works on MY machine.
Maybe you should git gud instead of complaining like a faggot. Why do you even post on Sup Forums if you can't even figure out how to fix this?

Nah I'm willing to be you only think it works because you don't have a side-by-side comparison of what it's actually supposed to be.

Please post the file if you're not going to post mediainfo. It's almost certainly a broken font that the lazy fansubbers used because it happens to work in vsfilter despite being broken. We're lazy like that.

Why are you lying?

>in a virtual machine
what? I use mpv on Windows and Linux natively without an issue

>Oné

I haven't read the 50+ page manual for the GUI-less meme player Sup Forums so I don't know how to post mediainfo, lol

The shit just fucking sucks, that's all there is to it. It's inferior to MPC-HC for the simple fact that no subtitles will appear how they're supposed to whereas MPC-HC on any Windows computer will just work with no issues.

Stop fucking using mpv to watch your shitty cartoons. It wasnt made for that. You are being disrespectful

This would explain why half the mpv devs are weeabs and 100% of the libass devs are fansubbers.

I'll ask again, why are you on Sup Forums?

>you can only be on Sup Forums if you're a fanatical freetard who loves mpv

Post which fucking video file then. mediainfo is a program you run that spits out info about the video file, not part of mkv.

literally OP

s/mkv/mpv/

I like MPV better just because it's lightweight. 720p 10 bit H264 chokes on my chink tablet on MPC/VLC while MPV is smooth like butter

So you just admitted to being a clueless faggot yet you're still making assumptions and baseless claims.

Guess who's the nigger here.

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=675469
07:39

>One Piss
>No-name group
lmao nice shit tastes kiddo

Hello 14 year old Sup Forums browser.. You asked for the video file, I gave it to you. I'm glad you have no comeback or answer despite acting so smug, though. The video file is irrelevant, it was simply the one with the most jarring change in the way the subs looked.

Hello 12 years old Sup Forumsirgin, I wouldn't be so smug if you posted the fucking mediainfo in the first place. You're on the technology board and you are expected to read the fucking sticky and at least do an effort of diagnosing your own problem before posting yet another shitty thread.

Again, you still don't have a single answer or proof that it "works on my machine". I'm not going to waste more of my time searching obscure shit like this when I could ask a real human being who uses the software and ask them what the problem is. Can you tell me where in the sticky it mentions how mpv is broken out of the box and no one actually knows why, and if they do, they won't tell you out of some autistic elitism?

Works For Me™

I'll take a closer look and see if there's a reason it might be breaking for you though.

Thank you. I'm going to boot into my GNU/Linux partition and try to see more info about why it's displaying fonts incorrectly.

the font is kinda messy but not really broken. looks to be named in the style properly and included as an attachment so I'm not sure what's wrong.

mpv -V please

mpv 0.24.0 (C) 2000-2017 mpv/MPlayer/mplayer2 projects
built on Thu Apr 13 21:23:26 CEST 2017
ffmpeg library versions:
libavutil 55.58.100
libavcodec 57.89.100
libavformat 57.71.100
libswscale 4.6.100
libavfilter 6.82.100
libswresample 2.7.100
ffmpeg version: 3.3

It's every line with the main dialogue style that's broken, not just that one at 07:39, right?

Yes, I just checked and it's every line except the ones during the intro that are hardsubbed.

Are there any errors in the terminal when you play the video?

>doesn't know what mediainfo is

I haven't figured out how to even play files from the terminal yet since I get error messages related to directories not existing, I just open mpv and drag drop or "open with". But no, the only errors I've seen are before a video file is even loaded.

should be able to just do mpv "[yibis]_One_Piece_684_[720p][6ADB04F4].mkv" from a terminal opened in the folder the video is in.
if not
>drop the video file into the same folder as mpv
>open terminal in that folder
>mpv "[yibis]_One_Piece_684_[720p][6ADB04F4].mkv"

either way, let it run for long enough for a line of dialogue to show up on the screen, then post a screenshot of what's in the terminal.

Opening a terminal from the video folder makes a lot of sense, that issue was my fault. This is all it says.

I tried another video file, the difference being that I downloaded this one 7 years ago. The subtitles, from start to finish, were exactly the same as in MPC-HC. I'm not sure why, but out of the 4 video files I've tried only the old one had no issue.

Still have no idea how to fix it. Maybe when the year of the Linux desktop finally arrives in 50 years there will have already been monumental breakthroughs like "displaying correct subtitle fonts out of the box", but until then I'm just going to use Windows 7 and MPC-HC which has worked flawlessly for almost a fucking decade now.

Currently using these settings for upscaling, is there something better than this?
--scale=ewa_lanczossharp --cscale=ewa_lanczossharp --scale-antiring=1 --cscale-antiring=1 --deband --sigmoid-upscaling

just want to compare screenshots

MPV was made by a bunch of fucking weebs for the sole purpose of watching anime you stupid fucking willfully ignorant freetarded shit. Liberate yourself with a bullet.

It works out of the box.
Btw, just because you're incompetent doesn't mean that it's software's fault.

>It works out of the box.
>it actually doesn't
Epic troll

works on my machine :^)

Obviously he doesn't have Windows installed natively.

>Why is mpv so shit compared to MPC-HC?
Lincuck software is always vastly inferior to Windows software.

>calls linux users cucks
>literally locked in digital chastity for a bull company that you have to obey to use the software and doesn't allow you to do what you want

What did you mean by this? Windows software always works better. I don't care if I'm not allowed to break apart the entire program and rebuild it myself, I never do that on Linux anyways. The fact of the matter is that every program on Windows is years ahead of any freetard cuck shit on Linux. MPC-HC is freetard software but because it's Windows-exclusive it still blows any other freetard shit out of the water in it's field.

"my bull knows best"

>it's better this way
>i wouldn't even want to remove my chastity device even if i was allowed

You guys have some weird fantasies, but it doesn't change the fact that Windows software is better and always performs the task it was designed for better than any alternative on Linux.

you're the one who brought up cuckoldry, which was clearly projection

why not just use VLC like everyone else instead of being hipsters about everything? I've never had trouble getting anything working with VLC.