Why is GNU plus Linux the OS of choice for NEETs?

Why is GNU plus Linux the OS of choice for NEETs?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=116524
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=223056
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Too dumb to use Linux
>"lol u NEET"
No wonder the average IQ of windows users are around 80.

Linux is free if your time is worthless

>Why is GNU plus Linux the OS of choice for NEETs?
1) The price is right.

2) With the right distro, there are seemingly limitless possibilities for customization. It is a great activity to focus your autism at when you aren't watching chinese cartoons.

3) Since picking the "right" distro means nothing works out of the box, there is always something to do. Again, more esoteric bullshit to focus your autism at.

This statement was valid 10 years ago.
Now we've got shit like Mint and Ubuntu that flawlessly work out of box.

>flawlessly work out of box.
then why is brightness adjustment broken and why does the battery last half as long as windows

[citation needed]

He said mint not w**dows

There are different kind of people who can't find a job. Those IT inclined often choose GNU/Linux, mainly because it's free. I can hardly see something wrong with that.

>flawlessly work out the box
>doesn't even support Pascal cards without jumping through hoops

Linux is trash

Isn't a GTX 1060 Pascal? If so I've been using one with Ubuntu, OpenSUSE & Neon. Does my anecdote help at all?

Pretty sure 1060 is. It sure as shit doesn't work with my 1070

>hardware manufacturer didn't provide drivers for other OS
>somehow that's other OS's problem

my own europoor laptop
bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=116524
some fedora fags apparently got it fixed but it's still broken in ubuntu and everything else

>half as long as windows
please read. battery life on ubuntu and mint last barely over half as long as what I get on windows at most.
>inb4 just install tlp
>linux is not a timesink you're just dumb

if my hardware doesn't support linux, why should I use it when it works out of the box in windows?

>Again, more esoteric bullshit to focus your autism at.
/thread

This isn't about how smart you have to be to use one or another, but what you get out of each.

Driving a stick is harder, but an automatic will get you farther.

Tell that to every researcher on the planet

>researchers are NEETs
You completely missed the point you sperglord. Linux has legitmate product uses, just like Windows. But that doesn't explain why so many on this board who swear by it are unproductive NEETs.

Why the fuck is Sup Forums so full of autistic (or really dumb) wincucks?

>every researcher on the planet uses Loonix
[citation needed]

Every relevant researcher these days does. Or they use Matlab, at which point the OS becomes irrelevant.

No you are dumb because you want every OS to be wintrash to accommodate your baby duck syndrome

autism, the post
>people are dumb for using an OS that works for them
>people are dumb because they don't agree with my autistic ideals REEEEE
>people are dumb for not making extra workload for something that already works

Fuck off, freetard.

[CITATION NEEDING INTENSIFIES]

>an OS that millions of people use daily to do their jobs can't be anything but trash

>Being so insecure you have to delete your previous point
See Dumb wincuck

>what is the edit button?
lmao and you call others computer illiterates (but you can't spell "illiterate")

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

>what is the edit button?
There is no edit button. There is a "delete" button which you have used.

Fuck off with your commie shit. Capitalism rewards excellence. If Windows is the most successful, then it necessarily follows it is the best. Stay rectally shattered.

Computer illiterates use Android, iOS, OS X and are totally fine with it.

I made a typo in my post, that's it. It's sad that freetards have to take advantage of something as trivial as that.
Also, why the fuck would I have Linux or BSD on desktop when I can just SSH into my *nix machines from either Mac or Windows? Mac and Windows supports everything I need it to and doesn't require I put in much effort to get things done. With Linux, that is always hit or miss.

>he can't see the edit button

>There is no edit button.
Jesus christ, how can you be so autistic. That's exactly what he was saying.

Researcher here. We use SAS on Windows.

delet this

>If Windows is the most successful,
Actually, Linux is the most used OS right now. Keep digging your hole
Same goes for wincucks, no wonder there.

>Having to reply twice to hide the insecurity away
Ahahaha, wincucks, everyone
There is no edit button on 4chen, fuck off back to ribbit

>"Linux is the most used OS right now"
>this is what freecucks actually believe

>autistic baiting

I use a Mac.

10/10 info, would fall for again.

Are you upset?

>being this colonically overwrought
LMAO

>>I made a typo in my post, that's it. It's sad that freetards have to take advantage of something as trivial as that.
Also, didn't you do the same back here Now your next reply will be: "It wasn't me, I swear"
Poor wincuck

Oh look, Linux finally managed to conquer one niche!

Meanwhile, Windows still reigns supreme in every single data center and corporate environment in the world.

I'm okay with this.

>2015
>windows servers running windows
2017 news right here

Android can actually compete with the iOS. Linux on the Desktop is like the talented autistic kid in the classroom when put against Mac and Windows. Good at some things, terrible at others. The desktop is one instance where it's terrible.

Don't open saucers say that Linux is most used in servers?

Oh look, Linux finally managed to conquer one niche!
Meanwhile, Windows still reigns supreme in overall system software around the world.

I'm okay with this

Android is actually Linux, the kernel is the same. Stay butthurt

Everyone who's ever had an IT job knows that is false. I've never seen a single business using anything but Windows servers - except maybe for a few legacy Netware shit a long time ago.

>Android is actually Linux, the kernel is the same
Not for long really. Google intends to replace Linux with Fuchsia on Android.

Not to mention the kernel on Android is massively modified, it's barely even recognizable at this point.

>now rebooting your computer in the middle of your work to install the "more ads" updates
>applying update 1 of 200...
>...
>applying update 200 of 200...
>failed
>reverting update 1 of 200...

>IT
Define """"IT""""

Well, I'm fascinated with fuchsia. Open source for the win

What is Mac OS

>le pcs are dying meme
>le web servers are everything meme

Literally grasping at straws at this point. Freetards on the verge of tears.

Fisher price trash that has less support than ] than FreeBSD

See, you got to the point where you are disregarding any argument that goes against you as "le meeem". This is how you spot a salty butthurt wincuck

well memed

>want to study how your computer works during your computer engineering studies
>have to buy rare obscure screwdrivers
>obfuscated board design
Apple is cancer.

>ignoring points
You sure are an expert at that. Here are all the points you ignored:

Not to mention your subterfuge against these was basically "b-but muh smartphones".

The anal frustration is nearly palpable.

DELTE THIS

Even Munich has realized that Linux on the desktop is in a miserable state. Soon, everyone else will realize they've been memed.
>inb4 bribery
>being bribed to use an OS that actually works

>inb4 freecuck shill disregards this argument
>inb4 accuses you of disregarding his
Somebody screencap this entire thread!

>Somebody screencap this entire thread!
This.

In this ITT thread: loonix shills get TOLD!

ITT: Linux, the aspergic meltdown

I got more

You are the point who's ignoring.
>My hardware supports windows why would I install Linux
You are disregarding the fact that almost all of the hardware these days support Linux and those people don't have this concern. Windows is a timesink in itself, so people don't use wintrash

YOU are the one who asked this on OP>Manual gear takes you further
Manuals objectively last longer than autos
>Researchers use windows
And they use Linux too. What's your problem there?
>We use windows
And I shifted from windows, even at my workplace in the beginning of this year.

>disregards this argument
lel keep correcting the record, winshill. There will be bing points coming in

>Linux is the most used OS
Linux is a kernel.

>bribery
Oh, stuck a nerve there yourself, haven't you?

>Windows
>Works
LOL

>having to edit kernel parameters to make your laptop work in 2017
bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=223056

GNU/Linux is counter culture

NEETs are left behind by normal culture and seek refuge in counter culture ideas and hobbies

Congratulations, you looked for a problem suddenly you "win" an argument.

What a shitty damage control. Meanwhile picture related

GNU culture and being a freetard is cuckery is cuckery in itself. Even the most successful in the Linux world like Red Hat and Canonical know not to fall for the meme. These are the guys who are doing Linux right.

Canonical have given up on Linux on the desktop too. The true red pill.

>GNU culture and being a freetard is cuckery is cuckery in itself.
Can you translate that to English? I don't speak /p*l/

That's hardware even almost all hardware. If I can't buy the best laptop that I can afford at the time (especially something as well established as the XPS line) and use it out of the box with leenooks, that's not looking good for lincucks.

>That's hardware even almost all hardware
Calm your autism, take your pills and rephrase

>nitpicking on typo that's not relevant to the argument
why do people continue to fall for your bait

>disregards the part that's an expansion on the first point
That's NEET damage control for you

What typo? I genuinely do not understand what "That's hardware even almost all hardware" means

There were multiple points? And what's the point of reading the """expansion""" if the primary point is gibberish?

It's time for you to leave.

It's a sign of autism for people to become fixated on one thing.

Sorry, I'm too meticulous at times.

>I need an autism friendly version
If I can't walk into a shop and buy the nicest laptop I can afford with full expectation that it's going to work properly with Linux, how is hardware a non-issue?

>spend the entire thread looking for problems and posting them
>get finicky when her opponents do the same
Reminder to always filter namefags.

CAPTCHA: verboten EURO

>Shuttleworth retorted: "The whole Mir hate-fest boggled my mind - it's free software that does something invisible really well. It became a political topic as irrational as climate change or gun control, where being on one side or the other was a sign of tribal allegiance. We have a problem in the community when people choose to hate free software instead of loving that someone cares enough to take their life's work and make it freely available."
>freetards collectively sperg out when someone wants to pursue their own vision (see systemd, pulseaudio, canonical, etc.)
>still expect Linux to take over the desktop

>autism friendly
Non-gibberish, correct grammer is now "autistic"?
What a time to live.

Also, that's not the "nicest" laptop. And the issue is Arch only. You do realize that Microsoft doesn't support installing windows in the newer hardware as well, right?

Huh? I'm not "looking" for a problem, it's just that the problems are more common than you brainwashed brain think they are.

If you don't like me, go ahead and filter me, why the fuck are you bothered by my posts so much?

I'm not against systemd, pulse audio and canonical. I do appreciate GNU.
Do I match your "freetard" profile?

Also desktop are dying

I learned Linux in the little spare time that I had. Eventually I learned enough to migrate for my Windows work environment.

Don't let the door slap your gaping anus on the way out, faggot.

>Also, that's not the "nicest" laptop
reread >If I can't walk into a shop and buy the nicest laptop I can afford

Linux on the server is fine. Linux on the desktop is a meme when you can just SSH into a *nix machine for the times you do need it.

Yeah, and that's still not the "nicest" laptop you can afford. The concept of nice is highly arbitrary and thus choices exist. Not that I expect from a dumb wincuck to know. Also, the "issue" is Arch only as it seems. What are you trying to prove here?

Linux on desktop is fine too, you just need to use a windows VM if you need it.

>Not that I expect from a dumb wincuck to know
If a dumb wincuck like me wouldn't know, how do you expect to sell normies on the idea? Linux on the desktop will never win until it can rival even Mac OS alone.

Why would I when I can do 90% of the things I need to do with Windows? Gnoo plus leenox can do maybe 75% at best and that's with having to use workarounds like wine to make things work. Might as well have Windows on the host system if I'm always going to be using the VM.

>MacOS
People started ditching that walled garden a long time ago. In fact, Desktop Linux market share is very close to the current MacOS

Why would I when I can do 90% of the things I need to do with Windows?
Um, is it hard for you to realize that's user specific? It varies on user to user. For me I use
>GCC
>Rust Language server
>Vim
>Chromium/Firefox
>SMPlayer
and
>Tmux and OpenSSH

Why the fuck would I be using windows? Popup ads?

>Why the fuck would I be using windows? Popup ads?

I use Windows because I need AutoCAD, Solidworks, and Photoshop.

Inb4 shitty alternatives.

Re read
Why would I when I can do 90% of the things I need to do with Windows?
Um, is it hard for you to realize that's user specific? It varies on user to user. For me I use
>GCC
>Rust Language server
>Vim
>Chromium/Firefox
>SMPlayer
and
>Tmux and OpenSSH

Why the fuck would I be using windows? Popup ads?

I guess you've got that 5% market share that needs CAD, SW, and PS on lock then. XD

This triggered the corporate cocksuckers.

So you never worked with datacenter. It's ok, Shithole ltd. will give you similar experience to make it useful your MS certs.

>Not to mention the kernel on Android is massively modified, it's barely even recognizable at this point.
Let me guess you can't define what is the difference between android and the mainline kernel.