Mechanical keyboards is a MEME

Go kill yourselves. Mechanical keyboards is a fucking meme.

>wash the keycaps
>already loose and falls off when I type
>no longer need something to pull the keycaps up with because they are so loose, I can just do it with my little finger

$100 down the drain!

Other urls found in this thread:

gcaudio.com/tips-tricks/the-relationship-of-voltage-loudness-power-and-decibels/
sengpielaudio.com/calculator-levelchange.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

did you just insult MY choice of purchase?!

you're right though, makes a lot more sound, has no benefits except it pleases autism

lol fag my cheap chink keycaps are tight as shit you bought overpriced garbage

>>already loose and falls off when I type
Looks like you bought a shit brand. The loosest fitting caps I own are some cheap ABS caps from a $100 Leopold keyboard that I bought four years ago. They're loose enough to be easily removed by hand, but even then, they're nowhere loose enough to fall off when I type. What shit did you even buy?

Expose them to cold for a while.

you aren't wrong

anyone who thinks membrane keyboards are ok hasn't tried a proper mechanical keyboard

>buying a cherry keyboard

you deserve your shit

I have, and they're not much better than membrane if any.
I still want one tho. But I'm not paying more than $40AUD for one. I'm after non recessed keyset.
There's fuck all to the mechanism. Pay more than $50 and you're a retard.

What mechanical keyboard did you get?

Honestly, there's no real point to mechanical keyboards, you may type a little faster and they are comfier.

spending a 100 dollaridoo's or even more for a fucking keyboard when a cheap one does literally 100% the same job.

"Mechanical keyboards" is plural so it would be "are a meme" instead of "is a meme".

according to your reasoning it would be "are memes"

the concept (singular) of "mechanical keyboards" is a meme

>not using 750$ keyboard
i don't have problems with mine desu

The keyboard is your primary interface to the computer. Even a small improvement in how it feels to type can result in large improvements in quality of life and productivity if you use your computer a lot. If you can't spend >$100 on a keyboard, you're probably poor 2bh.

I assume you spend 80-90% of your life in the computer. What kind of idiot wouldn't try to make their experience as good as possible?

This

I used to hate typing when i had rubber dome but now i enjoy it because i got a Model F

Btw can we stop calling rubber domes "membrane" keyboards? The IBM Model M is also a membrane keyboard because it has a membrane.

this

and enjoy fucking over your joints over the long term due to punching your fingers against a membrane for many thousands of times each day
enjoy having the rubber in your membrane keyboard become stiff and uncomfortable as fuck when you turn 18 in a few years

a ducky

just get some thick PBT keycaps you filthy pleb

they're not even expensive

I got this, it's really nice since I put o-rings under the keys.
Also, my backlight goes from green to red as the processor heats up.
You jelly.

i tried keycaps from another keyboard and it doesn't even fit on my ducky

how will i know this one fits

>Also, my backlight goes from green to red as the processor heats up.

lol i want to get flames on my screen when my pc gets hot

almost all keycap sets are for cherry stems like on your ducky or in the pic . if you're unsure if it will fit look for the plus sign-shaped hole or the word "cherry stem"

but i have a mechanical keyboard from 6 years ago that is cherry red and it does not fit at all on my cherry blue

seems very unlikely. maybe you just need to press harder to put them on. pics?

>literally using the word "dollaridoos" ironically or unironically

I own Cherry: blue, brown and reds. Out of them the blues are the only things I can program on but after a few weeks my hands start to hurt.

For sustained typing I use topre (which are fantastic, if not for the idiot tax) or you want a regular membrane keyboard, such as the microsoft ergo or the old dell ones.

What gets me is the apostrophe. It's gotta be a troll.

i just like that keys go further, i usually type very quickly and apply a lot of strength to each tap on the key, so on a flat laptop-like laptop keyboard i just end up pressing my finger into it which is uncomfortable.
And i like mechanical keyboard sounds and reliability, i spilled so much shit on it and yet it still works.

>keycaps

KYS FAGGOT

At least you can replace them. I paid €130 for a 60% and mine just died.

Is that numpad detachable? I just realized I need this feature in my life.

You can buy a good set of Indian government subsidised keyboards for $30

for 40$ you can get a 10 key less, for 60 you can get a full keyboard, you almost pay more for decent rubber dome ones.

after using rubber dome for nearly 15 years, I got a mechanical keyboard, I no longer second guess id I fucked up typing or if they keyboard did (they key board did about 80% of the time)

or australian, but is there really a difference?

> 100$
That's what you get for buying gaymer-tier garbage

>CHERRY
kekekekekek
you're another Sup Forums moron who bought into the shitty switches cause muh manufactured in germany
get shamwowed faggot

>that numpad
wow an actual useful feature in a gaymer keyboard
still uses shitty switches though
ALPS, Matias, or Topre or gtfo

there's literally nothing wrong with blues

he has a ducky which is good if he gets thick pbt caps for it

Even though its chink shit, the tomoko is a great keyboard. For 30 bucks its a pretty decent mechanical keyboard.

Should have bought American. Shithead.

Is there any non-tkl variant?

yes, but it costs more

>2017
>buying a full keyboard

This

It's a massive cringe to pay more than $100 for a mechanical keyboard.

There's simply no substantial improvement that will make you life that better between a $60 mechanical keyboard and a $300 meme one.

>spending a 100 dollaridoo's or even more for a fucking computer when a cheapbone does literally 100% the same job

Don't clean the keycaps

>nothing wrong with blues
that's because you haven't tried white ALPS, or derrivatives

no there is
100 dollars is the barrier to good non mx based switches
200 is the barrier for topre (albeit very overpriced and only for EXTREME enthusiasts)

I hate the LGBT colour theme but those keys look like

>>wash the keycaps
what

you should do it like once every 3-6 months depending on your hygiene and how much you use your computer

remove the keycaps and brush off the dead skin and hair underneath

soak the keycaps in the sink in medium-temperature water with dish soap

shake the water off of each keycap (water can get stuck in the connector especially)

leave them to dry on a towel, preferably overnight before you put them back on again

>LGBT colour theme
you can configure it to be however you want. you can have it all in one color or different colors for modifier keys etc

That's autism. I just wash them once if I buy the keyboard second hand. I do take them off every 6-ish months to brush off pubic hair and dust.

I washed my keycaps like 5 times over the last few years now and they still fit like new.

What's the cheapest non shit mech keyboard I can get?
Other than an ebay model M

go to goodwill and pick up an old alps keyboard like a dell at101w or a focus fk for a couple bucks.

this, better than cherry kbs, just clean it

>Using a keyboard that some degenerate has molested for years
No thanks, only buying new

faggot, you can take it apart and clean it 100%

if you want to get spoonfed on what to buy you should fill out the template in because there are many different options and "non shit" is highly subjective

I literally just want something cheap and clicky
I don't like linear switches though

Not gonna fill out some autism worksheet just to buy a keyboard what the fuck

I have a probably 20 year old mechanical keyboard and those keycaps fitted on my new Lolita Spyder.

well then go on amazon and get a tomoko, magicforce, or e-element

there's all kinds of options from $20 to $200

the cheapest options will have the bottom of the barrel switches and thin ABS keycaps and ghosting. if you get one of those you'll want to upgrade unless you have absolute pleb taste

I have an endgame keyboard sitting around while I use my apple wired keyboard

That looks pretty shitty to be honest.

Don't forget to lube the switches.

don't you risk ruining the click?

>tomoko

>$35
>Blue switches

Thank you. See, didn't have to delve into a thread filled with autism

use one of those $5 off coupons and bring the price down to 30

you didn't even specify if you wanted a numpad or not. some people insist they need a numpad

>some people insist they need a numpad
Again, I'm not autistic, or an accountant.
Although you can argue that there's no difference.

Rosewill RK-9000V2 is fucking awesome, have it in brown switches. Have some EnjoyPBT caps for it coming in the mail.

what the fuck is the point of mechanical keyboards? they are impractical as fuck you cant use them at night because they are so loud, if your wife or girlfriend is sleeping while youre working or whatever you just cant use it

fuck mechanical keyboards

>you cant use them at night because they are so loud
What? they're like only a couple decibels louder, unless you bought one of those gaymer keyboards that purposefully make them louder

you have to be in a separate room anyway if you're working at the computer while your "girlfriend" is sleeping

a 12dB is going to be very noticeable at night

You do need a numpad if you aren't retarded

see this is what i'm talking about: it's not so easy to give advice when you don't even specify what you're looking for

the difference between a membrane at 54 and blues at 57 isn't going to drive someone insane.

Its 3 not 12

Do you not know how dB works? That's twice as loud.

look at the bottom entry

Human ears don't work like that lol

Doesn't matter. There are membrane keyboards like pic related that are louder then most mechanical's, but those don't count. The difference between the two isn't big. Besides there are mechanical keyboards that are quieter then rubber domes, but I don't count those either.

Oh, and in case you thought I was bullshitting you
gcaudio.com/tips-tricks/the-relationship-of-voltage-loudness-power-and-decibels/
A three decibel difference is only ~23% louder, not 100%

>Site trying to sell you audio equipment costing thousands of dollars CONVENIENTLY claims you need 10dB more in power to drive something twice as loud

Except its true. 10dB is twice as loud.
sengpielaudio.com/calculator-levelchange.htm

>100$ is the absolute least you should spend on a good mechanical
>hurr i bought the wrong thing so everyones a shill
>durr membranes are better cus reliability
i bet you bought the wrong type of switch too faggot

and which improvements would those be to justify a $250 difference?
honest question, no trolling

I understand if you pay $100 for a mechanical keyboard because it might last 3/4 years and it's ease to clean whereas a $60 would barely last 1.5 years.

> in b4 muh programmable rainbow backlit
> in b4 muh youtube shortcut mem button
> in b4 muh aluminum memetic body

If you admit you're paying more purely for aesthetic reasons I could understand but unless there's a huge x factor that a $300 mechanical has that a $100 one does not, you're just being jewed, while liking it.

No because rubber domes arent what actuate the keypress, hence why we call it membrane.
By that logic you'd call topre rubber domes when that isn't the case.

how do I make my blues quieter

I don't give a shit whether my keyboard is mechanical or not, as long as it works and types comfy. I have a plain, but robust keyboard right now. Does everything I need.

But.... I'd love to have a black-chrome keyboard like that. I don't care if I have to glue-gun it together again after a while, as long as the internals are quality. I enjoy fixing my stuff anyway. Where do you get one of those?

take off the keycap and listen to just the click of the switch without the keycap. if they don't sound too loud you can get thick pbt keycaps to lower the pitch of the sound

o r i n g s

I've been using the same old plastic keyboard for like the past decade that I got off best buy for a few bucks. Aside from it being dirty it still works great.

>bought a shit keyboard
>lol they're all memes guise xDDD
Nah, my buckling springs keyboard was a great purchase. 10/10 would buy again.

a difference of 10 is twice as loud you meme

the rubber dries up with time. you should go to best buy or w/e and try out some mechanical keyboards