Best achievements <10 years

What is the thing your country has achieved that you are most proud of in the last 10 years?

My country: Raspberry Pi mini computer, cheap despite being manufactured in Britain proving British manufacturing is not dead. Exactly the same price even after production was moved from China to here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u-fbBRAxJNk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

blue LED !

itt losers are "proud" of other people achievements

>Professors Isamu Akasaki, Hiroshi Amano and Shuji Nakamura made the first blue LEDs in the early 1990s

Not that recent, but a huge discovery that has changed everyone's life a little bit on Earth. Definitely a major invention.

this

Won a CS:GO tournament :DD

then nothing can be called invention in these years.

We haven't achieved anything as a country.

Spurdo

We have become a humanitarian super power

A taco shell covered in Dorito powder.
You're welcome, rest of the world.

We invented ice cream pizza.

... also in Cool Ranch.

back to back olympic and world hokkei champs
soon to be hokkei worldcup champs
who can stop us?

GPS became widespread within the last 10 years
Google's auto-car

You misunderstood. He's saying it's a great invention.

I would say Space X, but Elon Musk was born in South Africa. I saw UK made Raspberry Pi 3's at Microcenter going for $29.99 btw. Broadcom sucks a fat dick, but they did good poaching an Intel Linux developer.

>but Elon Musk was born in South Africa
Elon Musk naturalized for a reason, he's American now

Elon Musk is the most American non-American - He's the sort of capitalist that uses innovation rather than protectionism, which seems to be something that the West has forgotten about as a whole.

Also I swear $30 is the standard rate? Or is it meant to be lower? Also fairly sure *all* of the RPIs are British made nowadays.

>but Elon Musk was born in South Africa

>Musk is a self-described American exceptionalist and nationalist, describing himself as "nauseatingly pro-American". According to Musk, the United States is "[inarguably] the greatest country that has ever existed on Earth", describing it as "the greatest force for good of any country that's ever been". Musk believes outright that there "would not be democracy in the world if not for the United States", arguing there were "three separate occasions in the 20th-century where democracy would have fallen with World War I, World War II and the Cold War, if not for the United States".[107

I'm saving that for "how do I get a green card" threads.

Use it in the American hate threads

i see.:D
what i wanna say is so then Japan have not invented important things in these years.this meaning.

thank you for your comment.

The Wendelstein 7-X fusion reactor

youtube.com/watch?v=u-fbBRAxJNk

An invention by the whole of Europe, not just Germany, for example the curvy superconducting magnets were made by the Italians and the main superconducting magnets were made by the British (my father works for the company that makes them)

Great Wall of Hungary

this one is German, ITER is european. And ITER is based on the old Russian tocamac design, which has it's limits

so why do you still use coal?

In terms of funding, yes. But it's not just been made by the Germans :)

Because their solar program failed miserably

nuffin

The Wendelstein 7-X is for the research of the viability of stellarator fusion reactors. Before being designed, computer models of the flow of plasma in a fusion reactor were used to create a unique shape of superconducting magnets used to hold the plasma in place.

The blue superconducting magnets are these Italian computer model based magnets, and the copper coloured ones are British made ones for supporting the overall strength of fields.

However they aren't designed to actually produce any energy, that's the easy bit - the hard bit is a sustainable fusion reaction. So this actually consumes energy rather than produces it.

>The Wendelstein 7-X (W7-X) reactor is an experimental stellarator (nuclear fusion reactor) built in Greifswald, Germany, by the Max Planck Institute of Plasma Physics (IPP)
20% are financial support from the EU and Poland is the only largest contributor, others are neglectable

The largest french party.

The largest far right european party.

+30% of the votes.

The fire is rising.

that looks fucking cool

This thread was for achievement, not a shift in political mood. Tell us about your new wine innovation or something.

They usually go for $35 from Digi-key, Mouser, and Allied Electronics in the US. I don't know if Microcenter is doing a loss leader thing on them or what. They also have Arduino and tons of "maker" stuff where they use to sell console video games. It's pretty sweet because I no longer need to pay shipping.

thay made new kuran application for android probably

this and DCS

Trongs.
So you can eat messy food and still keep your fingers clean to use your cellphone.
God bless America.

I need to get some of them.

Dog Bless

I always thought Gaijin entertainment was American for some reason

DCS

i thought it was Japanese

That's just sad famalam.

I take no pride in any achievements that the millions of other people who just happened to be born in the same geopolitical construct that I was may or may not have accomplished.

It's actually quite old, but still relevant as China buys more of them

The tuga with the inevitable autismpost.

>I take no pride in any achievements that the millions of other people who just happened to be born in the same geopolitical construct that I was may or may not have accomplished.

The zuca with the inevitable reply of not challenging a point and going straight for the shitpost

Building a satelite I guess..

Just had a quick game of this in custom battle, B29s were crying cause i was destroying them in my MiG15.

Posting a man tipping a fedora doesn't cut it, sorry.

I realize Sup Forums is contrarian to the more mainstream websites almost by design since it's the people that it attracts, but sometimes, it makes people here, who are no better than the mindless plebs everywhere else, follow retarded positions, such as defending a less secularized society.

You know just because tumblr and reddit are for something it doesn't mean you have to be against it.

fugged ur mum

L I N U X
I
N
U
X

DELET

NOKIA
O
K
I
A

>Posting a man tipping a fedora doesn't cut it, sorry.
>I realize Sup Forums is contrarian to the more mainstream websites almost by design since it's the people that it attracts, but sometimes, it makes people here, who are no better than the mindless plebs everywhere else, follow retarded positions, such as defending a less secularized society.
>You know just because tumblr and reddit are for something it doesn't mean you have to be against it.

also you have an impressive VCR collection

It obviously touched a nerve otherwise you wouldn't keep replying.

Carry on posting men in fedoras which essentially just proves my point, and cheers.

>It obviously touched a nerve otherwise you wouldn't keep replying.
>Carry on posting men in fedoras which essentially just proves my point, and cheers.

An italian invented Candy Crush

Is Trivia Crack famous there? They're argies, I had a interview with them :3

It's famous here

This desu