Not really tech savvy, just a bit more knowledge than normies

>not really tech savvy, just a bit more knowledge than normies
>not much free time because of work, life and uni
>don't want (((google))) and similar botnets to collect and sell info about me
Is it possible to use linux as a "casual" without much free time? I am willing to learn basic stuff, but I am not an enthusiast or anything like that. I just want a faster and safer system that doesn't spy on me.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/xuefeiorz
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Install Gentoo

>Is it possible to use linux as a "casual" without much free time?
Yes, install Ubuntu.

As long as you don't need any of the Windows exclusive software (if you don't know what they are then you don't) you'll be just fine on Ubuntu.

who's this rei

as said previously, ubuntu is jesus' second coming if you need the essentials, if you care about gaming on anything other than clones and emulators mint w playonloonix gets you quite far until you start needing consistency
just use win 7 and debloat as much as humanly possible, it sure works for me

I'd fug this rei

I want to grab those tits so bad.

Install Ubuntu and read the EFF guides to privacy.

I use Ubuntu 16.04 exclusively on my laptop which I use almost daily and have basically no programming experience whatsoever. All I know is a bit of Matlab and some Bash commands (no idea about writing Bash scripts) - only enough to get by (ie package manager, basically). The only software I'm missing is solidworks (3D modeling) and I probably wouldn't do that stuff on the go anyway.

>Ubuntu
can I rice it to my liking? I don't like how it looks
>EFF guides to privacy
nice thanks

The next version will ship with gnome instead of unity so you'll probably like that more.
Of course you can further customize it though.

>will ship with gnome instead of unity
Nevermind that's not happening until next year.

Couldn't find who she is.
But found more pics via image search.
Maybe this is a job for /cgl/?

I'm You can rice it plenty, and you don't have to use unity, you can use any DE. There are a number of *buntus that come with different DEs by default, like Xubuntu (xfce) or Lubuntu (lxde). I'm using KDE neon, a special snowflake replacement to Kubuntu (kde), but for all intents and purposes, it's just ubuntu 16.04 with kde plasma. Mine isn't really riced, but the potential is there, moreso with other DEs though. I used xfce before but have been using kde for a while because it just werks for me.

Rei is a shit girl
Erwin is best girl

kys

no u

thank you for your help kind user, will look into it when I finally get my t420 memepad

did you find out anything new?

I prefer Kowaru

If you understand what image related is, then I'd say you can use Manjaro linux without any problems.

This is a Rei board. Fuck off.

Well hell he could probably use Arch Linux if he used one of those installers like Arch Everywhere. The only real things Pamac is missing IMO are pictures and a more "Intuitive" name used for searching if it's GUI.

>unironically a reifag
RMA yourself

twitter.com/xuefeiorz

???

You'll want a non-rolling distro, so you set everything up once and then not have to deal with it for years.

If all you need is to browse the web and do some basic file management than any live distro will work.