getfedora.org/en/workstation/
wiki.debian.org/AntiHarassment
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kek'd

I don't see it

>It just works

>spanish interface
>ever
translations are always the least of the software devs concern. I could never get around to calling Settings "Ajustes" even though I'm a native spanish speaker.

>goes to getfedora,org
>see this
>unzips
>still using windows

>jvm
>engineer
>it just werkz

getfedora.org/en/workstation/

>fedora
Nice reddit meme!

>checks out xubuntu team
>sees neckbeard
>close safari tab

>muh games
>adobe cc

>why aren't people taking Linux seriously?

kek

fuck the neckbeard, I stopped at the horribly photoshoped boy group singer

>safari
nice bait

>getting triggered by chubby women

>chubby

Why? I mean I get that some people can't grow a real beard and don't care about their appearance, thus developing a neckbeard, but this one actually looks groomed.

>getting triggered by obese women

wall

the clipboard

I have Ubuntu with Mate on my laptop. I often try to copy files from one place to another, but more often than not I somehow can not paste the file I copied seconds earlier. I have to copy again, try pasting again, etc.

Marking text instantly copies it.

Middle click pastes text.

I want to turn all of this off forever

I don't use it because it doesn't fit my workload

you fucking moron, you cannot paste into directories that you don't have write permissions for

I do have write permission. I'm copying files within my home folder and/or to USB drives

>and/or to USB drives

ntfs and fat32 mount r/o by default by udev

but it ALWAYS works when I do drag'n'drop

And it's not just directly after inserting/mounting. I can successfully copypaste a file, seconds later won't work. The paste menu entry is just greyed out, like nothing was ever copied.

>The paste menu entry is just greyed out

Because you don't have write permissions

No, it happens on my local hdd within the home folder too.

go away pedro

The fact that I need to use my PC for more things than browsing Sup Forums and watching anime

>go to Debian's website
>clear and straightforward
>no bloated hyper-modern javascript shit
>no web2.0 social media shit
>no social justice shit to be found
>download button right on the front page
Feels good to be using the best distro.

then you've removed write permissions for your user on some of the directories in ~

Dude, linux is not voodoo. If something isn't working it's a configuration issue.

>go to gentoo.org
>see this
>close browser

I like these guys, no bullshit, straight into the beef.

Not much to be honest. All applications I use are either available or have decent or better alternative, a bit iffy with LibreOfficr but I can make it work. The open source drivers for my GPU (R9 290) are acceptable, could have hoped for a bit better performance. DESU the only reason I am not using Arch/Ubuntu right now is Fallout New Vegas (I need my vidya, plz no judge) and the hassle of reinstalling and removing Windows.

Total Commander.
I use a heavily modified version of it and I can't seem to find a good replacement.
Running ubuntu on my server, thou

"""chubby"""

>what stops you from using linux?

This.

that pic and poojeets

>b-but muh FOSS alternatives

>go to elementary's website
>see this
>close microsoft edge

>install any Ubuntu derivative
>install some standard software
>use PC for browsing a couple of hours
>shutdown and go do something else
>boot PC
>"Something went wrong with Ubuntu 1X.XX"

>using software that hasn't been updated since 2014

Can't improve on perfection user.

Enjoy your missing features, retard.

why would I have write permission, and not the next 5 seconds, and then again

it doesnt make sense

I do use Linux, most of the time. The only things stopping me from using Linux all of the time are Blizzard games and Titanfall.

Linux, obviously.

have you tried opening your file manager as root and seeing if you have the same issues?

What you are describing is not typical behavior. 99.9% of the time in these types of scenarios it is user error or incompetence. The other 0.01% of the time something like this should require a bug report.

>shitty drivers for my nvidia card and my intel cpu

that's actually the only reason. I like linux

how are the drivers shitty? intel is built into the kernel and nvidias prop drivers are pretty damn similar to their windows counterparts

because I can't use two browser windows smoothly when I have a video (flash or html5) playing in the other one

tried several browser aswell.
As long as the video is playing, I can't even move a fucking terminalwindow without stuttering

Specs:
i7 6700k @4,5
32GB DDR4
GTX 1080

what's your kernel version and your nvidia driver version?

don't remember
I tried several
Last time I tried was last weekend

Distros I tried:
>Ubuntu (almost every variant)
>Mint
>Fedora
>OpenSuse
>CentOS
>Debian
>Manjaro

FML

>neckbeard

boy that is a full amish

I used it for a long time but the more I use it, the more I gasp for the stability and usability of Windows. Say what you want but FOSS coders suck dick and most of their projects are either low quality or unfinished altogether. The projects that do look good *and* work properly still are riddled with bugs that are a general pain in the ass. Complaining about this will get you nowhere as avid linux users will blame you for not throwing away your life and becoming a linux engineer after 10 years. No thanks, I have better things to do.

if you don't know your kernel or driver versions then there is no way you tried to fix the problem

The very fact that you tried using centos and debian with a skylake cpu and a 1080 makes it pretty clear that you have no idea wth you are doing.

Did you even install the gpu drivers or were you using nouveau?

Did you ever update your kernel? The only distro that you had a shot for this to work OOTB was fedora and even then you would have been playing around with wayland

that's only because you have 20 years experience using windows that you take for granted. I agree with you, if you aren't willing to learn then it's better to stick with what you know

Of course I don't have any idea what I'm doing
I'm a Windows only admin

BUT
When I install the newest version of Ubuntu with whatever DE and install the prop drivers I expect it to just work

I don't have time for switching kernels or compiling shit from source

I just want to use my PC. If linux can't offer me at least full functionality OOTB, Linux is not for me

I like it because you can provide a service with a linux server without hogging to much ressources

This is the woman you can get here.

>I don't have time for switching kernels or compiling shit from source

But you don't have to do any of this.

What do I know
The post I answered to cleary says I should have at least switched the kernel

you don't switch the kernel, you upgrade it with the rest of your software by using your package manager

if you had used linux longer than 5 minutes you would know this

>what does upgrading your kernel do
yes, it switches the kernel

On old ass hardware, linux runs perfectly
I used linux as main OS on my old notebook for over 2 years

Still no excuse for linux not working OOTB with prop. drivers installed

>On old ass hardware, linux runs perfectly

no shit, that's why the first thing you do when you install a non-rolling distribution is to UPDATE THE KERNEL

And I'm still not convinced that you even installed the prop drivers, considering you obviously don't know the first thing about linux. Which external repo did you use in fedora? RPMFusion? Negativo17? Did you install them from the nvidia site?

Any person worth their salt would've already laid out these details so they could get the problem fixed.

DESIGNATED SHITTING THREAD

what stops me from using Windows

>doesn't know about Debian testing

Office and drivers. Pretty much everything I use on Windows is already FOSS, and the few pieces of software that aren't have decent alternatives, but there's just no replacing MS Office.

If someone cared about features, they wouldn't be using Linux at all retard.

On fedora I downloaded the latest .run file from NVIDIA just in case and installed it

On fucking Ubuntu 17.04, no, I didn't just randomly upgraded my kernel

As I said, I can do all shit in a Windows enviroment but not in linux.
I always felt that configuring the shit out of linux is just a waste of time.
Sure I've tried some themes but everything I needed on linux was a browser and teamviewer anyway to do my work

I'd rather make money in that time by working

>no replacing MS office

A-Adolf? Is this really you?

Yeah, no.
Libreoffice has improved a lot and it's a pretty decent suite, but it's nowhere near Office in terms of advanced features, in particular for Excel.

If all your clients use MS Office, you can't pretend to try to work with other program and expect to get the same results. I'd never get anything done if I went the LO route. It's unfortunate, but it's reality.

>pick a free not as in free beer MS Office replacer
>choose the worst of the bunch

Why?

>>no social justice shit to be found
wiki.debian.org/AntiHarassment

So why would you use that over literally any other distro then?

Give me a rundown on the best office suit outside of Ms office

Holy shit, that looks like he's wearing an over-sized beard and it slipped off of his chin! I cannot stop laughing at this. It's like he needs suspenders for his beard.

>localization beyond currency sign, date format, etc, and actually changing the language of the words

>using chrome
You don't deserve freedom.

kek

>go to Debian website
>no pictures or wasted space
>no extra shit to dig through
>just download options and links to docs and the community forums and IRC
The website just works, which is reflected in the distro itself. You can tell Fedora is stupid by the name alone.

>Safari
Fucking gross. I use a MacBook for work and I still use Firefox. Safari is for literal fags.

>see a woman that actually earned her job instead of fucking her way into it
>that is somehow bad

it just werks

All of them have job, unlike you.

>le hat meme xD
Fedora is a great distro. If you base your distro choice on maymays, you should just buy a mac.

>goes to Sup Forums.org/g
>see this
>close the tab

>go to Debian website
>no pictures or wasted space
>no extra shit to dig through
>just download options and links to docs and the community forums and IRC
It seems like their website is also 10 years old.

Waiting for everything to transition to HTML5 from Silverlight. I have never been able to get silverlight working on Linux to the point where I can do my work.

>photoshop
>reaper

Problem with that is when you're working off Word templates, you get it & it opens up all wonky, you fix it up & send it off to clients, then when they open it it's a jumbled mess for them as well.

I blame Microsoft because if you could toss documents between them no problems it would be so easy for heaps of people to switch.

School kids have the same problem, they circulate these programs on a USB, they get their parents to use it because it's free, then when they go to do schoolwork it's all fucked up. I don't know of a way to keep the formatting which may be shit but needed.

Guys... do we really need more females in Comp Sci. ?...

you need to go back

>using Word templates
>using a proprietary file format
Why do you lock yourself in, user?

I mean templates that were created using Word. We use planning software that requires large templates & they need to be passed around to multiple people as well as clients.

MAYBE I could try & copy over and fix up a template for Libre or something, but then it can only be uploaded to the software as a .Doc and again the moment it changes hands and is openned in Word by someone it goes to shit.

what kind of tab did you close?
safari on ios?
chrome on android?
edge on windows 10 pro?

>the drivers suck
>I dont know which drivers im using

Wall now, Ándale, ándale.

>Adobe Creative Cuckshed