/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Sup Forums?

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12789948
strawpoll.me/12789929
strawpoll.me/12789993
huffingtonpost.com/entry/this-company-is-trying-to-close-the-orgasm-gap-by-giving-away-free-sex-toys_us_58de5b6fe4b0e6ac70944394
youtu.be/_0s69D0bE7o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nth for hows your day going?

>OOP

Digging deep to find my prostate. But I haven't been able to cum.
Probably gonna take an evening off cause yesterday I shit the bed.

>C
>D
>E

Why are programming languages so uninspired?

I am a coder

Just finish the alphabet then.

my life

You forgot
>B

I wish I could.

Whats the most interesting programming language name?
And what is the most interesting programming language in general?

no brainfuck or any clone pls

How did C# do async networking before async/await?

name: ocaml
interesting: lisp

Asking again because it is important.
I need some help with a program.
I'm running a windows active directory for my business, now we're looking to expand, and I'm trying to create a program where an user with rights can change passwords of other users in their devices. The passwords are stored on a local ftp server, but the user with the rights should use the windows logon to access the program. Is that possible? And how doable is it? I can access the AD, and can see the user and their groups, but don't know which users have which rights.
This is a complex question, but still, I need help, and don't want to hire externals to write it, I'd rather do it myself.

What is man supposed to use when here's just no good statically typed and compiled language.
>sml
no good implementaion
>ocaml
sml with shitty syntax, also does not support native threads
>lisp
too verbose, also static typing not standardized
>c
decent but manual memory management is annoying in prototyping phase
>sepples
cluster fuck that no sane person would touch
>d
can't decide if it wants to have gc or no
>rust
better stay away from it because it attract lot of crazy hipsters, also uglier than sepples
> any jvm/clr lang
requires huge vm
>go
Rob Pike is faggot, also no macros
>haskell
generates garbage 1GB/s

AnimeLang

Most of the community including walter and andre want it gone now.
Its just gonna take forever to strip and convert things.

>good statically typed and compiled language.
C#. Obviously. C++ isn't bad either, if you stick to the good parts.

i love lain

>C#
>typed
>C++ isn't bad
What was he going to mean by this?

wew

[spoiler] Ada [/spoiler]

How is C# not statically typed my dude?

nim

if i already know haskell to a degree and java, how good of an idea would it be to learn scala? i want a good OOP language

>a good OOP language
Such a thing can't possibly exist.

Java, it is literally the only sane choice for a statically typed language.

He said "good"

reality check

no language is good sorry. Java is the best you'll get.

Please help
If you need more info I can give it

Do you have any valid criticisms of OOP or are you just parroting the contrarianism you heard on Sup Forums because you think it makes you a k3wl special snowflake?

@59989235
>k3wl
Stopped reading right there. Feel free to rewrite your post if you want a legitimate answer.

smalltalk

>@
Fuck off back to twitter, newfag

@59989235
The only real bad thing about POO is a language that supports multi-inheritance.

i don't want to learn greek, i want to learn something that's both used in industry and not terrible. is small talk used in industry? i've only heard of it as a historical language

@59989279
Only an obvious redditor would not know it. Back to your subreddit.

'k3wl' is the exact sort of inane term to describe you and your ilk, so deal with it.

>still failing at quoting
>calling anyone else a redditor

@59989319
Why do you keep denying being a redditor? Fuck off.

I'll add it next time. What do you think about

>Ada
Too good

Kotlin?

>still can't figure out how to quote people
>calling anyone else reddit
Just click the post number, retard, no need for the '@' symbol. I know you're new here but this isn't that hard

Whom are you referencing these statements from?

fuck off

@59989347
I want to see the reasoning why you're not from reddit, which you obviously are.

Who said that?

>still using twitter-style hyperlinks
>calling anyone else reddit
my sides

i can't tell who's baiting who anymore

Multiple inheritance is great and only brainlets think otherwise.

@59989392
What is "twitter"? Is that what your subreddit is called?

Just dicking around with Common Lisp.
Long term goal is a ebook organizing tool since I do not want to do it by hand since I have several thousands. The idea is to implement a basic management functionality in a non-shit way (inb4 use calibre) such as extracting ISBN, downloading book infos from amazon, displaying the book and remembering where I left of.

So far Im experimenting around with multithreaded file-crawling which proved to be surprsingly easy considering that CL does not natively support multithreading.

single inheritance is bad enough.
multinheratence is an unholy abomination

It's where you came from, now go back there

>code

Swift?

@59989477
I don't want reddit stink nearby. Fuck off.

>claims not to be from twitter
>can't figure out how to not use the twitter link style

erlang isn't POO

poll: Pick a POO lang for me to learn that isn't too bad. Want something kinda that can be decently functional, used in industry is a plus, already know Java

strawpoll.me/12789948

If you absolutely have to choose either of these shitlangs Scala is by far the best choice. And that's saying a lot, considering how trash Scala is.

>strawpoll.me/12789929
fixed your poll:
strawpoll.me/12789993

APM

It was horrible.

All hail the async await overlords.

Yet another case of C# being improved by a new monadic construct

Why?

Refinement types are criminally underrated.

dependent types + equality types are better

This

Kore

So what flavor of regex .net is using exactly?
I'm reading PCRE-esque, but this regex here won't validate properly, it's supposed to enable Next only if string in box matches

for example , in GTA V what does it mean when a car collides with a person, in terms of programming?
an array of integers collided with another array?

You stupid fucking frogposter, this is the dumbest fucking frogpost I've ever had the misery to fucking read. I hate you, I hate your family, I hate your grandparents, go away

>[OutputType([boolean])]
>param([System.windows.forms.tabpage]$tabpage]

fucking cancer

Not that guy but:

The fuck are you writing in? Powershell?

dot Perl

I doubt this is a serious question. But most of what's covered in this book likely happens in a big complex game like GTA V. And likely some other things too.

You have something called 'collision geometry' (gamers know of it as hitboxes) and you run comparisons on it to determine if they intersect or not. If they don't nothing happens, if they do there's a response to the collision.

Yes, I never dabbled with it before and it seemed the fastest way of getting up some GUI automation for some tedious tasks that I don't want to do by hand anymore really

huffingtonpost.com/entry/this-company-is-trying-to-close-the-orgasm-gap-by-giving-away-free-sex-toys_us_58de5b6fe4b0e6ac70944394

>feminist software developers developing software
>oh wait

Excuse me?

Don't bring that junk up here. Go to Sup Forums, Sup Forums or something.

Not programming.

At least point to Would you point people to Sup Forums for discussion on programming sound mixers?

Yes, I couldn't care less where they go. I just don't want their kind anywhere near me.

So when you call the constructor of a derived class in c++, you automatically call the constructor for the parent class, and you can add additional arguments to the constructor of the derived class that weren't in the constructor for the parent class.

So that means that in reality, a square is a special case of a rectangle with all sides equal, but in c++, the parent class would be the square because the constructor for the rectangle requires an additional argument that the square doesn't require: the length of the other pair of sides. Am I understanding this right?

Mouse over TCP for my raspberry pi, so I can use my phone when I can't find my mouse

wew u bigot enjoy your orgasm privilege

>enjoy your orgasm privilege
I will

>Sup Forums - Medical Advice

Yes and no.

Since GTA V uses the open source Bullet physics engine, you can see for yourself how it is done, frogposter.

you should add more blur, image is still way too clear

If your prostate is too deep then you could use the back end of a toothbrush

youtu.be/_0s69D0bE7o

Latest project, please r8. I'll post code if anyone's interested.

blame /csg/ for talking me into buying a xiaomi

I would have said 7/10 but you used a frog so 1/100

you seem to know quite a bit on this

>So when you call the constructor of a derived class in c++, you automatically call the constructor for the parent class

You automatically call the default constructor unless you specify otherwise.

>the parent class would be the square because the constructor for the rectangle requires an additional argument that the square doesn't require: the length of the other pair of sides. Am I understanding this right?

Not necessarily. You could make the Square constructor like this:

Square(float x) : Rectangle(x,x) {}

Where the Square constructor sends it's single value as both the x and y value of the rectangle. In this specific example, you probably wouldn't even bother making them separate classes.